+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Conference USA Standings/Schedule

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: 2021 Conference USA Standings/Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Unlike most of you (who have all probably attended more baseball games than me overall) I've actually been to a professional baseball game that ended in a tie.

It was weird.
    For goodness sake inudesu.....FINISH the story for us....tell us How, When, Who was involved, and why did it end in a tie? etc....

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    For goodness sake inudesu.....FINISH the story for us....tell us How, When, Who was involved, and why did it end in a tie? etc....

It would have been in 2003 I think and one team was for sure the now defunct Kobe Orix Blue Wave (original team for one Ichiro Suzuki although he was in Seattle by then). I can't remember the other team (I tried to look it up but apparently the Blue Wave played in 4, yes 4, ties that year).

In Japan, most people take public transit to the games, so if a game went too late you risk getting people stranded. Thus, ties. I had forgotten (if I ever knew) that this was the case. My Japanese friends that were with me had to reassure me that yes, the game was over.

Japanese baseball is quite an experience. The other local team, the Hanshin Tigers, play in an amazing old stadium that Babe Ruth actually played in - it's also home to the really famous high school tournament each year (which I also got to attend). It's a really big deal:

The Koshien tournament is like Texas high school football for Japan. It's HUGE pressure and stakes, tons of tradition, enormous crowds, organized cheers, people travel from all over the country. Stadium is neat, but the seats were not designed for people my height. The other team in the region at the time (the Osaka Buffaloes) played in a dome (where I also got to see Tim Rattay play against Steve Spurrier's Washington team in a pre-season game).

Not long after I left Japan the Buffaloes and Blue Wave merged and now I think they split time between the two fields.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

It would have been in 2003 I think and one team was for sure the now defunct Kobe Orix Blue Wave (original team for one Ichiro Suzuki although he was in Seattle by then). I can't remember the other team (I tried to look it up but apparently the Blue Wave played in 4, yes 4, ties that year).

In Japan, most people take public transit to the games, so if a game went too late you risk getting people stranded. Thus, ties. I had forgotten (if I ever knew) that this was the case. My Japanese friends that were with me had to reassure me that yes, the game was over.

Japanese baseball is quite an experience. The other local team, the Hanshin Tigers, play in an amazing old stadium that Babe Ruth actually played in - it's also home to the really famous high school tournament each year (which I also got to attend). It's a really big deal:

The Koshien tournament is like Texas high school football for Japan. It's HUGE pressure and stakes, tons of tradition, enormous crowds, organized cheers, people travel from all over the country. Stadium is neat, but the seats were not designed for people my height. The other team in the region at the time (the Osaka Buffaloes) played in a dome (where I also got to see Tim Rattay play against Steve Spurrier's Washington team in a pre-season game).

Not long after I left Japan the Buffaloes and Blue Wave merged and now I think they split time between the two fields.
    Interesting info. So, I guess we are left to surmise that the tie happened because play was halted due to the game running too late, which meant attendees were concerned about the public transit trains being shut down and leaving people stranded.

Your story is particularly interesting when one considers how indifferent American organizers in the U.S. would be about how their fans get to the games or how they leave.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Interesting info. So, I guess we are left to surmise that the tie happened because play was halted due to the game running too late, which meant attendees were concerned about the public transit trains being shut down and leaving people stranded.

Your story is particularly interesting when one considers how indifferent American organizers in the U.S. would be about how their fans get to the games or how they leave.
    I can't remember exactly what the cut-off is, maybe 12 innings, but yes - that's the origin of the rule. They don't do it in the playoffs and I'm not sure how they factor ties into the standings (may just not count).

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Fun story. Thanks for sharing!

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Other than this weekend’s Tech/UAB series, the USM @ UTSA series should be very interesting and telling of the Western region being who we all expect USM to be and that UTSA won 3 of 4 at Rice and having played LSU very tough. If not for LSU’s ridiculous home field luck UTSA could’ve at least won that series on not been swept. I’m hoping they play to a tied series.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I wish Marshall & FIU would win some games - they are gonna hurt RPI when we play.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I think our RPI will take care of itself, but even if it suffers greatly we need to win 40 plus games and get to the finals of our tournament. Do that and we will still be ranked. Never heard of a ranked team being left out because of RPI.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Someone have the link for CUSA.TV

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

Thanks
    You serious? Http://cusa.tv

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

West play is over for the weekend.

Southern Miss takes 3 from UTSA with game 4 canceled due to weather.
    Tech takes 3 of 4 from UAB.
    Middle Tennessee wins the series over Rice 2-1-1. Today's game ended tied 9-9 after 12 innings due to travel curfew.

That means a calculator will be needed for the rest of the conference season to figure standings.

Tech 6-2 .750 ---
    Southern Miss 4-3 .571 1.5 GB
    Middle Tennessee 4-3-1 .563 1.5 GB
    UTSA 3-4 .429 2.5 GB
    UAB 3-5 .375 3 GB
    Rice 2-5-1 .313 3.5 GB

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    West play is over for the weekend.

Southern Miss takes 3 from UTSA with game 4 canceled due to weather.
    Tech takes 3 of 4 from UAB.
    Middle Tennessee wins the series over Rice 2-1-1. Today's game ended tied 9-9 after 12 innings due to travel curfew.

That means a calculator will be needed for the rest of the conference season to figure standings.

Tech 6-2 .750
    Southern Miss 4-3 .571
    Middle Tennessee 4-3-1 .563
    UTSA 3-4 .429
    UAB 3-5 .375
    Rice 2-5-1 .313
    Just keep winning at least 3 of 4 and we'll be in great shape.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Just keep winning at least 3 of 4 and we'll be in great shape.
    I agree for Tech. But for the rest of the division it matters since only the top 3 teams in each division qualify for the tournament. Next two best records after that qualify.

+ Reply to Thread