+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tech/CUSA.TV Production

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Tech/CUSA.TV Production

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Heck, pay some Grambling seniors to do it https://www.gram.edu/academics/majors/pro-grad-studies/mass-comm/degrees/
    Now you're talking! This is a great opportunity for LA Tech Athletics to partner with Grambling University to do something really good and useful for the Tech Athletic Department. GET IT DONE, Dr. Wood!!

Big Dog Dorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to behold

Now the journalism department appears to now teach writing within 143 characters or less. I'm sure that's not true, but it appears that way. I mean, is there still a Tech Talk?
    I asked someone at the school about this recently and was told there is no more journalism department. They do have communications classes.

And the Tech Talk, as I was told, has gone the way of the dodo bird. Sad.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dorm Fridge View Post
    It seemed to be on its last legs when I was there 10 years ago (sheesh, I'm starting to sound as old as some of you codgers)

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I was in school 20 years ago and I don’t remember ever reading a copy of Tech Talk. Must have been fading then.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Heck, pay some Grambling seniors to do it https://www.gram.edu/academics/majors/pro-grad-studies/mass-comm/degrees/
    we already do. Who do you think does lots of the jobs when the network production companies come to town. Alan Blakeney and his TV production majors.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dorm Fridge View Post
    I asked someone at the school about this recently and was told there is no more journalism department. They do have communications classes.

is there an echo in here? ;-)

Our Tech video production is an outgrowth of the old football production team. Budget and interns were added to expand to all sports in the athletics department. Much of this is the result of added video board productions at football, basketball and baseball. An outgrowth is more marketing videos used via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. I believe two of the team are full time. Hope that fills in some blanks.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Rice stream
    Positives
    CF camera
    Quick switching of cameras
    Replays

Negative (at start)
    No scorebug (came up for a sec and went away)
    Audio sounds like announcer’s in a can

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

FIU Steam has commercials

Scheduled complaint

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

Re: Tech CusaTv production

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    I can’t really add anything new to what’s already been said other than to add my disappointment to the ranks. It’s stunning how much simple stuff Tech gets wrong and how little the powers at be seem to care about what the fans think.
    They don't care to grow fans.

Scheduled post / just missed top 3rd

Varsity Bulldog Festus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really nice

This isn’t even video production... the audio stream on TuneIn only worked for one of the four games this weekend. Net I had to listen on USM stream...

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Festus View Post
    This isn’t even video production... the audio stream on TuneIn only worked for one of the four games this weekend. Net I had to listen on USM stream...
    Tune-In stinks. Thats not on us.
    Use the Latech athletics app or the radio station’s website.

Mtsu is worse - wow! I had to zoom my tv

+ Reply to Thread