+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: No. 16 LA Tech Travels to Rice for Weekend Series

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Baseball No. 16 LA Tech Completes Weekend Sweep at Rice

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

HOUSTON – Six unanswered Louisiana Tech runs between the fifth and sixth innings helped No. 16 LA Tech complete the four-game weekend sweep at Rice on Sunday afternoon. LA Tech's 8-4 victory at Reckling Park secured the Bulldogs' second road sweep of the season and first against Owls in program history.

More...

Discuss it here.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: No. 16 LA Tech Travels to Rice for Weekend Series

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    In the postgame interview, Berry said that USM's mandatory off day is Wednesday before they travel on Thursday.
    Tell me what you think that means related to what I said about the importance of the USA game and how I think they will pitch it.

Big Dog BullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the rough BullPupN'46's Avatar

TO QUOTE SOME ONE "HOW SWEET IT IS" (I think it was Jackie Gleason) WIN, WIN, WIN and Win....SWEPT

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    Rice has won the last 5 and is 6-5 versus Tech under Burroughs. Like USM it’s past time for this series to take a strong turn in Tech’s favor. I’d love to see it become Tech 9-6 after this weekend’s sweep... fingers crossed .
    4 of those wins came on the weekend of the Tornado. Surely they were distracted and you can't do that against a good team. If I recall correctly, we were starting to roll prior to that weekend and they didn't respond well after.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Tell me what you think that means related to what I said about the importance of the USA game and how I think they will pitch it.
    USM started a pitcher with a 54 ERA (2 earned runs in 0.1 innings). Ostrander got his exercise early with two trips and a hook in the 1st. The USM pitcher, Gabe Shepard, now has an 81 ERA after allowing 4 more earned runs with a 3-run bomb in another 0.1 inning outing. At least early, the USM pitching plan didn't work.

Chandler Best was the second USM pitcher, and he retired the 5 batters he faced.
    Hurston Waldrep took over in the 3rd. USA 4-0 after 3.
    Justin Storm pitched the 4th. USA 4-0 after 4. Storm continued in the 5th.
    Isaiah Rhodes took over with two outs and nobody on in the 5th. USA still 4-0 after 5. Brutal call against USM at first base in the 5th as the USM runner's foot was almost leaving the bag after reaching it, but the call was still out.
    Rhodes got one out in the 6th before Blake Wehunt came in. Still 4-0 after 6.
    Wehunt got two out in the 7th before Cody Carroll came in. USA starter goes 7 innings on 113 pitches. 4-0 after 7.
    USM pitcher #8 is Tyler Stuart in the 8th. Heading to the 9th 4-0 USA.
    Tanner Hall on in the 9th. He retires two and Garrett Ramsey makes it an even 10 pitchers.
    USA wins 4-0.

The way Berry talked on the pregame, it isn't looking that good for Fischer to play this weekend as he had three lacerations on his hand that needed stitches.

+ Reply to Thread