+ Reply to Thread

Thread: USM Series Scenarios

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

USM Series Scenarios

As my word dropping friend Tech77 would say, Friday’s weather looks ominous. Assuming we don’t get Friday in...

Two double headers or reduced to a three game series?

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: USM Series Scenarios

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    As my word dropping friend Tech77 would say, Friday’s weather looks ominous. Assuming we don’t get Friday in...

Two double headers or reduced to a three game series?
    Would think two doubleheaders. If the Friday game gets suspended, only the completion of that game plus one full game could be played on Saturday to force a Sunday doubleheader.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Rain chance pretty steady all day so no solid window to move starting time. Might be a wait and see situation. If they opt for two doubles or a double on Sat and single on Sunday can the double(s) be a 9 inn followed by a 7 inn game, I wonder or would have to be two 7s no exceptions. I guess (2) doubles on back to back days is really not that big of a deal if you want to get the games in and the games are all 7 innings. Certainly would help with pitching depth, might actually benefit us since our bp is not as deep.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    Rain chance pretty steady all day so no solid window to move starting time. Might be a wait and see situation. If they opt for two doubles or a double on Sat and single on Sunday can the double(s) be a 9 inn followed by a 7 inn game, I wonder or would have to be two 7s no exceptions. I guess (2) doubles on back to back days is really not that big of a deal if you want to get the games in and the games are all 7 innings. Certainly would help with pitching depth, might actually benefit us since our bp is not as deep.
    Maybe there is a CUSA rule regarding the procedure. I know there have been a couple of series that went to 3, but I think it was a Sunday rainout.

I'm guessing they will bump Friday to as late as 8:00PM if the radar looks okay.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe there is a CUSA rule regarding the procedure. I know there have been a couple of series that went to 3, but I think it was a Sunday rainout.

I'm guessing they will bump Friday to as late as 8:00PM if the radar looks okay.
    I need to know in order to plan my trip over to watch the games.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

24 hours out and it's really looking like Friday will be a total wash out -

Saturday and Sunday should be good to go
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

USM at UTSA was the only rainout so far, and that Sunday game did get started but was stopped in the 1st inning. It could not be restarted in time to become an official game before travel curfew time.

The rules CUSA has posted apply to 3 game series but I think a Sunday DH would work since no flight deadline is involved

The rules CUSA has posted apply to 3 game series but I think a Sunday DH would work since no flight deadline is involved
    I could see game times possibly being moved up both Saturday and Sunday if tomorrow's game can't be played.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

DH Saturday and Sunday if not played tonight

+ Reply to Thread