+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Russia

Some of the Azov, particularly the wounded, have surrendered to the Russians outside Azovstal. I'm not sure if it's the whole battalion or not. At first they said it was just 10 of them but I think it turned out they were negotiating for a larger group.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Some of the Azov, particularly the wounded, have surrendered to the Russians outside Azovstal. I'm not sure if it's the whole battalion or not. At first they said it was just 10 of them but I think it turned out they were negotiating for a larger group.
    Why does it sound like this is something you find appealing?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    Why does it sound like this is something you find appealing?
    While I find the rest of the war complicated and morally gray, I don't find anything appealing about Azov or their new-found defenders in Western corporate media.

Additionally, a surrender is preferable to the Russians leveling the factory, both in raw terms of human life and also that I think there were civilians there (I've seen various reports about how many or if any, etc, so not sure)

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Did a little digging...

apparently the Azoz Battalion numbered 900 when the Russian invasion began. Reports from pro-Putin regions in Ukraine claim the whole battalion, or what was left of it, minus casualties, was inside the steel mill in Mariupol, the total number of those who came out was about 2,200. Mostly civilians. No confirmed reports on just how many of the 2,200 are Azoz soldiers. They have been labeled neo-Nazis by some.

The Russkies had tried storming the steel mill but got their butts kicked, so Putin ordered a siege. Starved them out.

Yes I've seen those numbers as well. I've seen both pro-Ukrainian and pro-Russian sources say "all" the Azov in Mariupol' have been captured but that doesn't rule out there are more elsewhere or how many survived the siege.

The Head of the DPR has apparently stated that Mariupol will be rebuilt as a tourist resort? I think he might be slightly over-optimistic about the prospects of DPR tourism

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

"the whole world is against us," lamented one Russian officer, a colonel. Well, duh! Don't invade other countries and maybe the whole world will treat you differently.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    "the whole world is against us," lamented one Russian officer, a colonel. Well, duh! Don't invade other countries and maybe the whole world will treat you differently.
    Note to Abraham Lincoln and the USA in 1861...? No, of course not.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Note to Abraham Lincoln and the USA in 1861...? No, of course not.
    Aggressive abroad and despotic at home.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Aggressive abroad and despotic at home.
    Whether they win or lose, I hope the Ukrainians erect monuments memorializing the valor and bravery demonstrated by their citizen-soldiers against overwhelming odds. They can enjoy them for 150 years or so, until a future social justice group decides the Ukrainians were evil people, vandalize the statues and demand they come down.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chuckk3 View Post
    whether they win or lose, i hope the ukrainians erect monuments memorializing the valor and bravery demonstrated by their citizen-soldiers against overwhelming odds. They can enjoy them for 150 years or so, until a future social justice group decides the ukrainians were evil people, vandalize the statues and demand they come down.
    well done!

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Whether they win or lose, I hope the Ukrainians erect monuments memorializing the valor and bravery demonstrated by their citizen-soldiers against overwhelming odds. They can enjoy them for 150 years or so, until a future social justice group decides the Ukrainians were evil people, vandalize the statues and demand they come down.

Obviously, I know what you're referencing but it is funny because there is actually talk of doing this for Bandera's statues as well as a few of the other UPA Nazi collaborators. I couldn't find if it's actually been done, there are a few false reports from a few years ago.

Obviously, I know what you're referencing but it is funny because there is actually talk of doing this for Bandera's statues as well as a few of the other UPA Nazi collaborators. I couldn't find if it's actually been done, there are a few false reports from a few years ago.
    Huh, bad timing I guess: Alexander Nevsky monument being demolished in Kharkov

Russkies have enjoyed some (limited) successes recently. Is this just the last, desperate efforts of a defeated army, or does this indicate the Russkies are going to enjoy a larger reversal in the eastern provinces?

Russian sources reported that 694 "combatants" surrendered at the steel mill, bringing the claimed total to 959 in that general area, about 80 of whom are wounded, needing medical attention.

The Russkies launched a missile strike at a 3-gun howitzer battery, apparently striking one and rendering it out of action. The M77 Howitzer is towed, usually by tracked-vehicle, and is mobile field artillery. The M77 155mm howitzer is very powerful, with an effective (very accurate) range up to 15 miles. The US has sent at least 45 M77s (maybe more) to Ukraine, and this represents the first loss of one.

+ Reply to Thread