+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Re: Russia

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Appears Putin has lost another ship in the Black Sea, a frigate, taken out by a Ukrainian drone strike. Also, confirmed, the Russkies had two patrol boats destroyed/sunk by drone strikes.

This war is a showcase of modern weapons vs. traditional weapons and convention. Read a piece by a US Marine war-planner which reaffirms the reason the Marines decided to do away with tanks. They are easy targets and death traps for the crews. Problem is while it is possible to put enough armor on some of the tank, like the front, it is impossible to do so on the entire vehicle. Mines blow up under the tanks, destroying them, and now drones can target weak spots like the top and rear. The Ukrainians destroyed the vaunted T-90 tank by hitting it in the side with a Javelin rocket, fired from more than a mile away by a two-man Javelin team. Bam! it is that easy.

And now the loss of the two ships to drone strikes shows how vulnerable warships are. Again, it is impossible to put enough armor on the entire ship to fully protect it. A well-placed missile hit strikes a vulnerable part of the ship and it's adios amigos. I suppose the future of warfare will resemble video games, soldiers sitting in front of screens with an X Box controller in their hands...okay, maybe not an X Box...and attacking enemy targets. Future navies will be remote controlled "carriers" loaded with drones, no crews.

This could be a good thing. Much like nukes serve as a deterrent to rogue maniacs attacking the world "just because" so too might this technology place in the hands of every nation a means to defend itself against the Putins and Chicoms of the world. Oh well! looks like everyone will just have to behave themselves and let's have some WORLD PEACE!
    This is the shocking thing about the Russian effort. It's like they are fighting WW1 all over again. Tanks turned the tide then, so they must be able to turn the tide now.

Next they'll take up the longbow. I hear those were rather effective back in the day. Just make sure those generals are there in the line of fire to plot the offensive and lead the troops!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The Russkies started the war with 8 Raptor patrol boats from their Black Sea Fleet...they have only 3 left after Ukrainian drone strikes have sunk 5. There is also a video of a large Russkie supply helicopter hovering over Snake Island and bam! struck by a missile fired from a drone. There were men on the ground handling crates, they were all killed. The explosion was enormous! had to have been ammo of some kind.

Putin is losing the war and his forces are being depleted and morale has sunk to a new low. Now Putin has ordered some of his top commanders to go to Ukraine to take charge on the ground. Chances are they will be taken out too, as Putin has already lost 8 generals there.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

A second Russkie T-90 tank has been destroyed, this one with a Swedish-made rocket-propelled anti-tank grenade. There's a good video of it. A drone was tracking the tank on what looks like a farm road and the attack came from a nearby wooded area. The tank was struck in the side, not the front. where the armor is thinner. The tank was destroyed, and no crew members are seen vacating it, so it is assumed they were all killed.

Latest reports say the Ukrainians are routing the Russkies who are in full retreat back toward their own border. Ukrainian forces now control over 90% of the nation with Putin's boys clinging to the eastern most portions. It is, for the most part, those provinces most pundits thought Putin wanted, and no doubt he still does want them. The question is, can his whipped forces hold it against an ever-growing tide rising against them? The average Russian soldier did not want to be in Ukraine in the first place and have never had the will to fight. Now that their own lives hang in the balance and the war appears lost, it is very doubtful they will suddenly make some kind of stubborn stand.

On Belarus...that country joined with Putin's invaders and now sits with egg on its face. The Belarussians also suffered losses and setbacks, but they quit the fight in earnest weeks ago and retired back across their border. I hope Ukraine and the rest of Europe don't now forgive and forget what Belarus did. There has to be some form of retribution.

And Putin is a war criminal who needs to be arrested, charged with war crimes and then turned over to a bunch of Ukrainians who suffered losses. Let them deal out "justice" to ole Vladimir.

US-made howitzers, especially the towed M77 howitzers, donated by Canada and Australia, are wreaking havoc with the Russkies. Very accurate and lethal from 15 miles away, they are clobbering Putin's bunch. There's a video of about a dozen Russkie vehicles, including two tanks, parked in a grove of trees, spotted by a drone and from miles away, death rains in courtesy of some M77s. Complete devastation.

There are also video clips now emerging of Russian troops murdering civilians. One clip shows some Russians harassing two shop owners, shoving them around and verbally abusing them. And then when they could not get what they wanted, they shoot the two Ukrainian shopkeepers killing them. Russian troops fired on and utterly destroyed a convoy of civilian cars, killing many, including 4 children. War crimes.

Now the latest rumor is Putin (or someone else over there) has had enough and all Russian units will be pulled out, back across the border. Sounds too good to be true and makes me think, if true, that Putin is planning something dastardly...like using tactical nukes. Of course, let us all hope and pray that Putin isn't that stupid.

Ukrainian troops have taken Ternova, a town situated on the Ukraine-Russia border. This success has also cut off Russian units to the west, still in Ukraine. The main highway by which supplies/reinforcements...OR!! by which those Russian units would have to use to retreat is now held by Ukrainian forces. Entire battalions of Russians may be forced to surrender or face a tough fight trying to escape home. This is northeast of the city of Kharkiv, which only a month ago was firmly in Russian hands. This is a stunning reversal and an indication of the general collapse and failure of Putin's invasion.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Russian Special Ops blew up railroads in Dnepropetrovsk this morning, not sure the strategic value of that if they are not going to fight harder for Kharkiv

Guess our 40 billion dollars of proxy war funds (that our supposedly Republican congressmen voted for) will have to be bicycled in

Well, any that's left after the war criminals in DC and oligarchs get their cut, anyway. But I guess they don't care of the rest of us get annihilated in a nuclear war.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Are you two watching the same channel?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    Are you two watching the same channel?
    Obviously not.

I'm not sure what to think about the strategic situation, or who will win ultimately (or even what "winning" means in this case), but I sure as hell am suspicious of believing the same people that told me to wear a cloth mask to stop a respiratory virus.

The Swamp wants another Afghanistan gravy train, only this time they're antagonizing a nuclear-armed power instead of a bunch of shepherds with 70 year old rifles. We can't even keep our own border secure and yet we're risking nuclear war over the border of another nation. Makes sense.

SO.....Ukraine has decided to start a war crimes trial against a Russian soldier while begging the Russians to allow their injured soldiers to escape from a steel plant!

I think I've decided I don't like either side in this whole fiasco and feel as sorry for the Russian conscripts as I do for the Ukrainian civilians that got caught up in this stupidity. It's starting to remind me of the Iran Iraq war where each side claimed to have destroyed the other over and over again.

And because our moron in charge decided to pretend to be tough and talk crap instead of promoting diplomacy, the US cannot work to broker any kind of peace between the two sides (remember when we had a real leader as President how this stuff didn't happen?). As far as I can tell, Ukraine is unlikely to be able to ship any of their stuff from Black Sea ports for quite some time (maybe ever), so they will collapse economically regardless of how well they perform with an undersized army against impossible odds.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    SO.....Ukraine has decided to start a war crimes trial against a Russian soldier while begging the Russians to allow their injured soldiers to escape from a steel plant!

I think I've decided I don't like either side in this whole fiasco and feel as sorry for the Russian conscripts as I do for the Ukrainian civilians that got caught up in this stupidity. It's starting to remind me of the Iran Iraq war where each side claimed to have destroyed the other over and over again.

And because our moron in charge decided to pretend to be tough and talk crap instead of promoting diplomacy, the US cannot work to broker any kind of peace between the two sides (remember when we had a real leader as President how this stuff didn't happen?). As far as I can tell, Ukraine is unlikely to be able to ship any of their stuff from Black Sea ports for quite some time (maybe ever), so they will collapse economically regardless of how well they perform with an undersized army against impossible odds.
    I think you and I are mostly on the same page here. I don't want Russia to win (the Orthodox church has historically not been kind to Protestants) but I also don't want the globalist regime to keep pounding the war drums and extending a conflict that will almost certainly not stop with Ukraine and Russia.

The only real determining factor in a "war crime" is if you won or not (however you define winning). I wish it weren't the case but it is. Ukraine has been bombing civilian regions in the Donbass ever since we backed the coup - and if Russia wins the Donbass they will likely hold their own war crimes trials. The way it goes.

I feel for the Ukrainian civilians (and those in the Donbass) who are suffering and will continue to do so, given that their corrupt leaders and the US have committed to spend every last drop of their blood to line their own pockets. I am also disheartened that there is zero introspection on the part of American conservatives that America's globalist warhawkishness is directly responsible for this and that means this will happen again and again until America is totally vacuumed out or we pick a fight with a nuclear-armed power - oh wait.

My source is Newsweek (online) for the Ternova news. "Confirmed" to an extent by what other news' agencies have reported.

As for the cause of this war, Blue Dawg seems to blame the USA, specifically the defense industry and political types who have facilitated the whole event. It's amazing to me to think that executives at companies like General Dynamics and Lockheed Martin met with some Congressmen then...and this is the biggie! Said, let's convince Putin to invade Ukraine and the Ukrainians to fight back just so we can all make a $buck. Surely, they will happily die just for us.

"America's globalist warhawkishness is directly responsible for this" so says Blue Dawg. Wow....not Putin, oh no, America is to blame.

Move over Goosey, you have company in the NEGATIVE CREDIBILITY room!

I'm not sure Guisslapp wants my company

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I think you and I are mostly on the same page here. I don't want Russia to win (the Orthodox church has historically not been kind to Protestants) but I also don't want the globalist regime to keep pounding the war drums and extending a conflict that will almost certainly not stop with Ukraine and Russia.

The only real determining factor in a "war crime" is if you won or not (however you define winning). I wish it weren't the case but it is. Ukraine has been bombing civilian regions in the Donbass ever since we backed the coup - and if Russia wins the Donbass they will likely hold their own war crimes trials. The way it goes.

I feel for the Ukrainian civilians (and those in the Donbass) who are suffering and will continue to do so, given that their corrupt leaders and the US have committed to spend every last drop of their blood to line their own pockets. I am also disheartened that there is zero introspection on the part of American conservatives that America's globalist warhawkishness is directly responsible for this and that means this will happen again and again until America is totally vacuumed out or we pick a fight with a nuclear-armed power - oh wait.
    Seriously. Get help.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Seriously. Get help.
    Yes you should

+ Reply to Thread