+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team Tech Defeats Team Bulldogs, 26-10, in LA Tech Spring Game - latechsports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Team Tech Defeats Team Bulldogs, 26-10, in LA Tech Spring Game - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

For the first time in three years, a Louisiana Tech Spring Game was played at Joe Aillet Stadium.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Re: Team Tech Defeats Team Bulldogs, 26-10, in LA Tech Spring Game - latechsports.com

Sounds like a lot of the same-ole same-ole play. QBs completing ~50% of their passes (likely majority are within 5yds of the line of scrimmage), not much flash to report on offense, too many FG’s and not enough TD’s.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Re: Team Tech Defeats Team Bulldogs, 26-10, in LA Tech Spring Game - latechsports.com

No comments so far about the spring game. Maybe everyone just watched baseball yesterday.

I am curious if any who went could share any observations about the offensive line play. The new offensive line coach wins on twitter, but I am wondering how he does on the field? Do we have enough D-1 lineman to field a team this season? I know last year opt-outs, transfers and injuries hurt us on the O-line, but improvements must be made. Could the first team offensive line form and hold a pocket for the QB? Does it look like we have any depth on the line? I figure our line play will be improved over last season; it would be hard to be worse.

Also, I am curious for any observations about the quarterback position. I read this write-up, the QB numbers look very mediocre. Looks like the same old Allen and Head’s number were not any better. Did the greyshirt freshman not get much playing time? Does it look like we are really needing to get a guy from the transfer portal? New NCAA rules states nobody must sit out. We can get a guy looking for playing time from a P-5 school.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

No comments all day. That’s not a good sign. Either no one went or the comments aren’t appropriate for the board. I am stuck at home recovering from surgery, but I am not sure I would have gone anyway. I don’t enjoy watching mediocrity and am hesitant to attend until we have evidence to the contrary.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    No comments all day. That’s not a good sign. Either no one went or the comments aren’t appropriate for the board. I am stuck at home recovering from surgery, but I am not sure I would have gone anyway. I don’t enjoy watching mediocrity and am hesitant to attend until we have evidence to the contrary.
    Don't worry after nearly a decade of the same ole, holtz is magically going to turn a corner

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I went to the spring game and baseball games. Great time being back at Tech and in Ruston.
    Imho, the defense was typically, at this time of year, ahead of the offense. The D was hard hitting the entire game. The DBs and Safeties looked good. Good pressure by the DL and LB’s. This will probably be our strength.

Hated the usual short throws, bubble screens, and predictability on offense. The RB group will do well for us and I enjoyed the smaller Boston Scott potential clone freshman. I still wish we had true tight ends. I’ll leave the OL comments to others; for one the sacks (plenty called) with the touch sack spring game rules are tough to judge.

The QB’s weren’t as impressive as I hoped. But all three made some good throws. I liked Fr. JD Head’s delivery and spirals.

Special team punting is really rough to bad as of now. Just saying.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

I believe we have entered into an extended South Florida Holtz phase. Not the first year where he had someone else's players and had to run a scheme that fit the players. No we are now the proud owners for life of the 8-16 (2-12) Skipper.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    I believe we have entered into an extended South Florida Holtz phase. Not the first year where he had someone else's players and had to run a scheme that fit the players. No we are now the proud owners for life of the 8-16 (2-12) Skipper.
    Why do you think that?

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

I’d be shocked if our QB1 for the first game is anyone other than Aaron Allen.

Interception City.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Why do you think that?
    Because from day one the East Carolina fans warned us that Holtz is what he is. They said he will be somewhat consistent, but he will never punch above his weight, and you won't reach the peaks that a program should reach. I have also not seen any great ability to develop talent. Especially at the QB position. No conference championships, No game plan or fight when he is facing P5 nonconference, and honestly 1 true WTF game in division every year that makes our road harder than it has to be. Coupled with being in arguably the worst FBS conference in the country the last couple of years. Nine years in and I have zero confidence in his meek play calling, player development, or overall drive to Punch above that weight!

Don't get me wrong it won't be 2-12 not in this conference, not right now. Holtz just isn't all of a sudden flipping a switch, we are just going to plod along.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

USL football passed Tech's program with Skippy at the helm.

Bulldog DiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to all DiamondDawg36's Avatar

Football with Holtz coaching is becoming like the “lost years” of baseball we had with Sim coaching.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

O Line.....QBs still running for their lives!! Near the end of the game, the guy in front of me turned around and asked which QB did a better job!! I sad none of them!! Allen was the same ole Allen....sometimes good, sometimes bad. Head holds the ball too long and gets sacked. Holstein looked Very promising for a Freshman, but needs a LOT of experience.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDawg36 View Post
    Football with Holtz coaching is becoming like the “lost years” of baseball we had with Sim coaching.
    I can totally see this.

With football it hurts even worse. Football for better or worse drives athletic departments and budgets around the country. Erode support because people aren't happy/paying to see the product it can actually affect other programs to a marginal degree.

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    O Line.....QBs still running for their lives!! Near the end of the game, the guy in front of me turned around and asked which QB did a better job!! I sad none of them!! Allen was the same ole Allen....sometimes good, sometimes bad. Head holds the ball too long and gets sacked. Holstein looked Very promising for a Freshman, but needs a LOT of experience.
    Zero player development. I feel like the players that have shown improvement recently under Holtz either got that from a assistant coach or just as they physically and mentally matured.

+ Reply to Thread