+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: @LATechWBB Adds Italian Guard

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

@LATechWBB Adds Italian Guard

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech continued its recent trend of adding an international flavor to its roster with the signing of Italian guard Silvia Nativi to a national letter of intent.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Re: @LATechWBB Adds Italian Guard

Benvenuta, Señorina Nativi.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Good

We shoulda been recruiting more international players for years and years for MBB, WBB, golf and and a W golf program.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    Good

We shoulda been recruiting more international players for years and years for MBB, WBB, golf and and a W golf program.
    I totally agree! This is how ODU once did it and was able to stay in the top 25 a few years after us. I think they slowed down on this recruiting now. It is a good way to get some really good players overlooked my many P5 conferences. Reading the article, I find it hard to understand how she played against T-Spoon at some point (even on Olympic teams). Given her age, I didn't get how this is possible.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Clearly the Techsters need guards...we were horrid this year, and with a couple of exceptions, have dropped off dramatically in having really good guards. But, we also need some size and that athletic "small forward" type who can do it all.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Clearly the Techsters need guards...we were horrid this year, and with a couple of exceptions, have dropped off dramatically in having really good guards. But, we also need some size and that athletic "small forward" type who can do it all.
    Totally agree! I would love to get the female version of Lofton Jr.

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

Her mother played against Spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I totally agree! This is how ODU once did it and was able to stay in the top 25 a few years after us. I think they slowed down on this recruiting now. It is a good way to get some really good players overlooked my many P5 conferences. Reading the article, I find it hard to understand how she played against T-Spoon at some point (even on Olympic teams). Given her age, I didn't get how this is possible.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    Good

Why? The 2020 census was just released. There are 333 million Americans in this country. Somewhere in that 331 million there is a women's basketball player that is just as good as this Italian girl. This is an example of lazy recruiting on the part of Brooke. An American kid is going without a scholarship.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Europeans that come to the states for athletics usually outperform their American counterparts in the classroom and on the field / court. Many of those students end up being American citizens with great careers in engineering, accounting, medical services, etc.

Americans had no problem wiping out men’s sports with Title IX - there should be no problem giving scholarships to the best international student athletes out there.

Look at Stanford - their best good player is a freshman from South Africa - he is already a leader on the team and a 4.0 gap student. We need those types of student athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by ACSlatech1994 View Post
    Her mother played against Spoon.
    . Ahhhh! THAT makes more sense. I should read instead of scan articles.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    Why? The 2020 census was just released. There are 333 million Americans in this country. Somewhere in that 331 million there is a women's basketball player that is just as good as this Italian girl. This is an example of lazy recruiting on the part of Brooke. An American kid is going without a scholarship.
    . Totally disagree... At this point in our WBB history, we can't out recruit P5 conference teams in the states. Believe me, she is not taking anyone's scholarship.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    . Totally disagree... At this point in our WBB history, we can't out recruit P5 conference teams in the states. Believe me, she is not taking anyone's scholarship.
    Every foreign athlete in this country that is playing at an American university or college or community college is taking a scholarship from an American kid. How can you claim otherwise? And how do you propose that we ever out recruit P5 conference teams in any sport? People are making big bucks from bringing these foreigners to the states. They are called "head hunters". Apparently the pay is lucrative. It is an industry. They bring some of them while they are still middle school age and groom them all the way to national signing day. Meanwhile, back in the hoods of America (no racial connotation intended here) there is an American kid that deserved a chance to be the first person in their family to go to college.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that American students should always have first priority over foreign students. As soon as American students have filled all available academic and athletic scholarships, then those outside our country should be considered. They have universities in their own countries. If we don’t have students who have equal or better qualifications to be considered for the scholarships then that is another problem.

Big Dog BullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the rough BullPupN'46's Avatar

In the info provided by Tech said that she played "profession". How can she be eligible to play NCCA ball?

Quote Originally Posted by BullPupN'46 View Post
    In the info provided by Tech said that she played "profession". How can she be eligible to play NCCA ball?
    Exactly, and one also has to wonder how old she is.

+ Reply to Thread