+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dr. Guice

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: Dr. Guice

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous View Post
    They should build that parking garage, along with moving the tennis courts across the street to build an indoor football training facility where the courts are located. That is the one piece of the puzzle that we are missing. Do you think we can ask a tornado to hit the tennis courts only????
    . The tornado did hit the tennis courts. I thought all of the area across from Tennis Courts was turned into parking. It would be nice if the foundation could purchase the wooded area (and home) across from JAS. Then we could use the current open space and with the addition to build an indoor facility. Also, if that happened, I think a pedestrian bridge would be need.

I think there is plenty of room at the current practice area for Indoor facility

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous View Post
    They should build that parking garage, along with moving the tennis courts across the street to build an indoor football training facility where the courts are located. That is the one piece of the puzzle that we are missing. Do you think we can ask a tornado to hit the tennis courts only????
    Yeah, the tennis courts just aren't big enough for a legit indoor facility. IMHO, the facility should be about 70 yards wide and 130 yards long. Ceiling height is negotiable, but 60 foot minimum. All sports would benefit greatly.
    Placing such a facility on the practice field area would not be as connective to the DAC facilities. And then where'd the new track go?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Everyone has their opinion of the current leadership. As expected.With the disasters dealt to the Tech campus I'll give the Guice gang a thumbs up for the recovery results. The additional parking lots have helped. I'd still like to see a multi-level parking garage/athletics administration building between the TAC and the Joe.
    Why wouldn't we build a nice 4 or 5 story parking garage on the southwest corner of Tech Drive and Alabama St, directly across the street from the Love Shack?? Seems to me that's an great location. It's ideally located for people attending football games at the Joe and baseball games at the Love Shack, and it's close enough to the main campus to use it for daily class parking.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Why wouldn't we build a nice 4 or 5 story parking garage on the southwest corner of Tech Drive and Alabama St, directly across the street from the Love Shack?? Seems to me that's an great location. It's ideally located for people attending football games at the Joe and baseball games at the Love Shack, and it's close enough to the main campus to use it for daily class parking.
    Yes, better for on-campus usage. The nice thing about the newly rebuilt Love Shack is the parking lot to the west. My dual purpose parking garage at the TAC and Joe along with an athletics administration building would help the two sports that need parking the most.

Heck, let's build both!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

We have needed a parking garage since I graduated in ‘05. When I talked about it on campus, students absolutely lost their minds when I told them it might cost $80-$100 per quarter to park on campus. Are you kidding me?

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    We have needed a parking garage since I graduated in ‘05. When I talked about it on campus, students absolutely lost their minds when I told them it might cost $80-$100 per quarter to park on campus. Are you kidding me?
    It would have been worth it. I hated looking for a parking spot in the mornings.

+ Reply to Thread