+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Malcolm New PxP Guy

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Malcolm New PxP Guy

Good guy, but national search? Please.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Malcolm New PxP Guy

I like Malcom. Does a great job. Not as concerned with national searches for PxP people. That being said, what else should we expect when every hire is either a Tech person or a legacy hire?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Just don't say "national search"...it's lying to the fan base.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Just don't say "national search"...it's lying to the fan base.
    what they meant is they looked at what it would cost elsewhere and decided this was their guy. He is a good choice. I get tired of the bull too. They knew he was their guy before the retirement.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Am I missing it, I haven't read anywhere it was a "national search".

Anyways, good pick. He needs to work on putting a little personality into his pxp.

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Am I missing it, I haven't read anywhere it was a "national search".

Anyways, good pick. He needs to work on putting a little personality into his pxp.
    apparently those who applied were told that

Big Dog BullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the rough BullPupN'46's Avatar

Was there a public notice that LTU was taking applications? I just might have applied

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

I like it when a company hires one of its own, especially one that has been very productive and loyal. MB is that guy. Could we have found a better or shall I say more talented (voice and presentation) - yes. Does MB do a good job - yes but I've heard much better AND much worse. Just hard when what you've listened to for all these years is the quality (voice and presentation) of Nitz. He's like Drew Brees and the next guy has to try and follow. Happy of Malcolm.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Always thought Malcolm does a good job calling the Techster games.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Good guy, but national search? Please.
    He may be a good guy but he does not have what is needed to be a pbp guy for D1 football.

I can pick a half dozen guys in NLA that are better qualified to call D1 football than this guy.

National search = tuna salad sandwich lunch at squire and a handshake deal - with a Diet Coke.

They serve Tuna Salad at Squire?

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

After I heard Malcolm do the mens NIT games (and Dave was enjoying those early Baseball wins), I knew Malcolm was gonna be the choice.

Malcolm's animation of voice and excitement was more easily evidenced.

As for national search, I'm sure the Learfield guys put in their two cents since they do the hiring and Tech does the approving.

Now how will the SID chores be reorganized and additional personnel hired?
    Last edited by Dawgpix; 05-06-2021 at 02:20 PM.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    After I heard Malcolm do the mens NIT games (and Dave was enjoying those early Baseball wins),

I knew Malcolm was gonna be the choice.

His animation of voice and excitement was more easily evidenced.

Now how will the SID chores be reorganized and additional personnel hired?
    ....This may be your shot, T-Mo!

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

malcolm's a great guy and a Tech guy. he's also a talented play-by-play guy. he doesn't compare to nitz. neither does anyone else i can think of that might be interested. i think they made the right choice.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Dave Nitz is a legend and simply the BEST in the business. No one can fill his shoes, and of course, no matter who we got was gonna fall short. But, I think Malcolm does a good job and he his definitely a Tech guy. He is a good choice for the role.

+ Reply to Thread