+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2021-22 Lady Techster Roster

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

2021-22 Lady Techster Roster

It appears that Brooke Stoehr has totally remade the Lady Techster basketball roster in the last few months. As of today, the 2021-22 Lady Techsters will have 9 new players who've never worn a Lady Techster uniform, joining 6 "holdovers" from the 2020-21 edition.

The 9 new players consist of 3 Transfers (one from Wisconsin, Tulane & Pittsburgh each), 5 HS signees (see link below) and 1 new international signee from Italy. By my count 6 will be freshmen (the 5 HS signees and the new Guard from Italy), one will be a sophomore (the Forward transfer from Wisconsin), one will be a Junior (the Guard transfer from Tulane), and one will be a senior (the Guard transfer who started 47 of 48 games at Pitt).

There appears to be a lot of size on this new roster, and if we can trust what we read from Brooke, the Lady Techsters should have a much more athletic and physical team in 2021-22 than we've had over the last few years.

Here's an updated link to the current 2021-22 Lady Techster Roster:

https://latechsports.com/sports/wome...ketball/roster

And here's a link to the 5 Freshmen who signed in the early signing period.

https://latechsports.com/news/2020/1...ng-period.aspx

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: 2021-22 Lady Techster Roster

Sometimes you just have to retool.

Remember seeing a real stinger written by a beat writer covering a college football team...don't remember who. The team had just struggled to a 2-10 finish. The article said...the good news is we have 19 starters coming back next year. The bad news is, we have 19 starters coming back next year.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Here are the players who are not returning to the Lady Techsters roster for 2021-22:

Raizel Guinto - 5'5, Guard - Senior/Eligibility expired
    Amber Dixon - 5'10, Guard - Senior/Eligibility expired
    Monette Bolden - 5'6, Guard - Senior/Eligibility expired
    Tyler Jackson - 5'9, Guard - 2021-22 Sophomore from Allen HS, TX (averaged 1 pt & 1 rebound per game. Transferring to Tarleton State.)
    Korie Allensworth - 5'10, Guard - 2021-22 Sophomore from Sulphur HS, OK (averaged 0 pts and 0 rebounds per game. Destination unknown.)
    Irene Murua - 6'1, Forward - 2021-22 Sophomore from Spain (averaged 1.4 pts & 2.3 rebounds per game. Destination unknown.)

As you can see, we mostly lost a lot of short people who didn't contribute much, and we appear to be replacing them with tall people who might contribute a lot. That's not a bad thing in basketball. With all due respect to these ladies, only 3 were eligible to return, and none of those 3 saw much playing time.

Just looking at things logically, it appears that Brooke has succeeded at upgrading her roster significantly. I must say, I've very impressed. We've greatly improved our size and our athleticism (from what I can read) for 2021-22. Of course, everyone is a next year's hero when they sign with us. I look forward to seeing what they can actually do. But, as rosters go, this is the best looking roster --in terms of basketball talent-- that we've probably seen from the Lady Techsters in a decade.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Here are the players who are not returning to the Lady Techsters roster for 2021-22:

Tyler Jackson - 5'9, Guard - 2021-22 Sophomore from Allen HS, TX (averaged 1 pt & 1 rebound per game. Transferring to Tarleton State.)
    Korie Allensworth - 5'10, Guard - 2021-22 Sophomore from Sulphur HS, OK (averaged 0 pts and 0 rebounds per game. Destination unknown.)
    Irene Murua - 6'1, Forward - 2021-22 Sophomore from Spain (averaged 1.4 pts & 2.3 rebounds per game. Destination unknown.)

As you can see, we mostly lost a lot of short people who didn't contribute much, and we appear to be replacing them with tall people who might contribute a lot. That's not a bad thing in basketball. With all due respect to these ladies, only 3 were eligible to return, and none of those 3 saw much playing time.

Just looking at things logically, it appears that Brooke has succeeded at upgrading her roster significantly. I must say, I've very impressed. We've greatly improved our size and our athleticism (from what I can read) for 2021-22. Of course, everyone is a next year's hero when they sign with us. I look forward to seeing what they can actually do. But, as rosters go, this is the best looking roster --in terms of basketball talent-- that we've probably seen from the Lady Techsters in a decade.
    This is definitely going to be a whole new team. I think Guinto and Dixon will be missed. They were good, but not consistent, though. These new players all look extremely promising on paper. Let's see what Brooke can do with a fresh start and some talent!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Guinto and Dixon were turnover machines. Good riddance.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Well, gee, it's nice that Brooke waited the better part of a decade to recruit. She must be more scared of Dr. Wood than I am.

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

Brianna Harris also entered the transfer portal as a grad transfer over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ACSlatech1994 View Post
    Brianna Harris also entered the transfer portal as a grad transfer over the weekend.
    They just removed her off the 2021-22 roster TODAY. She was on it last night.

That one hurts a bit. Harris, a 6'0 Forward, averaged 10 pts and 5.5 rebounds per game last season.

So that leaves 5 players returning, and 9 new one's joining. Total 14. Which is about right. We had 14 on our roster last season.

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

The roster update is often behind the posts on twitter. Amber Hawkison who redshirted last year has also been removed, leaving 4 returnees from last year. I think they are still looking to add another guard (shooter).

They just removed her off the 2021-22 roster TODAY. She was on it last night.

That one hurts a bit. Harris, a 6'0 Forward, averaged 10 pts and 5.5 rebounds per game last season.

So that leaves 5 players returning, and 9 new one's joining. Total 14. Which is about right. We had 14 on our roster last season.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

You normally only see roster destruction like this with a new head coach, not one that used the last FIVE years to build their own roster and then destroy the very roster they themselves built.

By inference, the current CO-head coach is saying, the roster I built over the last five years sucked! Therefore, the job I've done also ....

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    You normally only see roster destruction like this with a new head coach, not one that used the last FIVE years to build their own roster and then destroy the very roster they themselves built.

By inference, the current CO-head coach is saying, the roster I built over the last five years sucked! Therefore, the job I've done also ....
    Hopefully we're restocking our roster with better ATHLETES. That's always been my criticism of the recent rosters. Frankly, some of the players Brooke recruited in the past just weren't good enough to be playing at this level.

Brianna Harris is a loss. She is pretty good and would have been instrumental in providing some continuity between the old and new players. Disappointing.

With the new transfer rules, so many rosters are changing. Syracuse had 10 players transfer out. Almost every team in CUSA lost significant players to transfer. Middle Tenn saw both Hayes sisters transfer out. And Scott does not refer to himself as Co-Head Coach. Brooke is the head coach of this team. HE DOES NOT MAKE THE SAME SALARY AS SHE DOES. HE IS ONLY LISTED AS CO_HEAD COACH BECAUSE HE CANNOT BE LISTED AS ASSISTANT COACH DUE TO NEPOTISM LAWS.

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Well, gee, it's nice that Brooke waited the better part of a decade to recruit. She must be more scared of Dr. Wood than I am.
    Hopefully Dr. Wood lit a fire.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Irene is going to Detroit Mercy. Man, oh man, what a dumpster fire as all members on the team will be new. One player was told she could stay on scholarship, but not be on the team because the school wants a fresh start after complaints against the coach. New players - same coach. https://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...rt/5097720001/

+ Reply to Thread