+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2021-22 Lady Techster Roster

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: 2021-22 Lady Techster Roster

Also, it appears that Korie Allensworth has transferred to Cameron University in Oklahoma.

So, how does a girl that averaged 17 pts per game in high school go "into a shell" at LA Tech, and just contribute NOTHING? That makes no sense to me.

Korie Allensworth

Guard | 5-10 | Louisiana Tech | Sulphur HS
    - Transfer from Division I LA Tech where she played in eight games as a freshman
    - 39th all-time in Oklahoma high school history with 2,143 career points
    - All-State as a senior in basketball and a state qualifier in the high jump
    - Averaged 17.2 points at Sulphur HS
    - Played AAU summer ball with Beebe and current Aggie Katie King
    "Humble kid with college experience, knows how to play and win at a high level, and a strong work ethic with a great drive to impact our team." – Andrews

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

Just looking at things logically, it appears that Brooke has succeeded at upgrading her roster significantly. I must say, I've very impressed. We've greatly improved our size and our athleticism (from what I can read) for 2021-22. Of course, everyone is a next year's hero when they sign with us. I look forward to seeing what they can actually do. But, as rosters go, this is the best looking roster --in terms of basketball talent-- that we've probably seen from the Lady Techsters in a decade.
    About dang time!!!

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Also, it appears that Korie Allensworth has transferred to Cameron University in Oklahoma.

So, how does a girl that averaged 17 pts per game in high school go "into a shell" at LA Tech, and just contribute NOTHING? That makes no sense to me.

Korie Allensworth

Guard | 5-10 | Louisiana Tech | Sulphur HS
    - Transfer from Division I LA Tech where she played in eight games as a freshman
    - 39th all-time in Oklahoma high school history with 2,143 career points
    - All-State as a senior in basketball and a state qualifier in the high jump
    - Averaged 17.2 points at Sulphur HS
    - Played AAU summer ball with Beebe and current Aggie Katie King
    "Humble kid with college experience, knows how to play and win at a high level, and a strong work ethic with a great drive to impact our team." – Andrews
    Just about every DI scholarship player was a star in HS. Since only 5 players can be on the floor at a time and a lot of freshmen don't get to play much -- her playing time may have increased in her sophomore season but I guess we'll never know.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ACSlatech1994 View Post
    W HE DOES NOT MAKE THE SAME SALARY AS SHE DOES. HE IS ONLY LISTED AS CO_HEAD COACH BECAUSE HE CANNOT BE LISTED AS ASSISTANT COACH DUE TO NEPOTISM LAWS.
    hee hee, touch a nerve, dude?

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

Not at all. Just tired of explaining the same thing over and over for those that insist we have 2 head coaches. Scott makes less than the other two assistant coaches.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    hee hee, touch a nerve, dude?

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Brooke probably knows this will be her last year if she doesn't turn it around

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboi View Post
    We'll see.

That also implies she's been mailing it in the whole time.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboi View Post
    That's what I believe too.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    We'll see.

That also implies she's been mailing it in the whole time.
    At times over the past couple of seasons I've really been impressed with our effort. I believe we led the nation at one point last season in charges taken.

i see a team that appears to be well coached.

The problem is the fact we don't have near enough players that can play at the CUSA level.

Moving forward the transfer portal may be a big help to us. We have a history that's unlike any other program outside the P5. If we can sell that history and the positives of the current program, perhaps we'll be a top landing spot for transfers who can play at this level.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

That's what I believe too.
    Man let's hope it's true. We never seem to hold coaches accountable.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    At times over the past couple of seasons I've really been impressed with our effort. I believe we led the nation at one point last season in charges taken.

The problem is the fact we don't have near enough players that can play at the CUSA level.

Moving forward the transfer portal may be a big help to us. We have a history that's unlike any other program outside the P5. If we can sell that history and the positives of the current program, perhaps we'll be a top landing spot for transfers who can play at this level.
    Totally agree. We need to really use that name and history to our advantage. It is the only edge we have.

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    Just about every DI scholarship player was a star in HS. Since only 5 players can be on the floor at a time and a lot of freshmen don't get to play much -- her playing time may have increased in her sophomore season but I guess we'll never know.
    Hated to see Korie go. Seemed like a great kid. But the few times she got on the floor, she seemed a bit lost compared to the others. Needed time to develop but she appears to be headed somewhere she can be a starter.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post

As many of you know I have been a supporter of Brooke's, well, even prior to her getting hired at Tech. While at NSU I had the opportunity to watch some of their practices, to sit "on the bench" during a couple of games. (actually just behind the bench as an "honorary coach," but I could hear everything she was telling the team). She knows X's and O's and is a no nonsense coach. And, I have been critical of her results at Tech, agreeing with those who point to the quality of players she and her staff have recruited. I, like others, think that is the root of the problem.

YES! part of the responsibilities, a BIG part, of a coach is recruiting, and player development. Clearly the current WBB staff at Tech has not measured up in that endeavor.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    As many of you know I have been a supporter of Brooke's, well, even prior to her getting hired at Tech. While at NSU I had the opportunity to watch some of their practices, to sit "on the bench" during a couple of games. (actually just behind the bench as an "honorary coach," but I could hear everything she was telling the team). She knows X's and O's and is a no nonsense coach. And, I have been critical of her results at Tech, agreeing with those who point to the quality of players she and her staff have recruited. I, like others, think that is the root of the problem.

YES! part of the responsibilities, a BIG part, of a coach is recruiting, and player development. Clearly the current WBB staff at Tech has not measured up in that endeavor.
    I agree with everything you stated. Brooke was always one of my favorite players, because she played "ALL OUT" on the floor. She, also, has shown that she knows the game so well. Recruiting is what we are missing. The group coming in looks very promising, so I hope this year she has a better chance. I am still in her corner, but I hope the recruiting for this next year will get us out of this funk we seem to be in.... The heart that her teams play with is always there, so having the right players seems to be the missing ingredient! If she can get some more talent on the team and keep the work ethic and playing with heart, we can see some real results on the court! I do believe that the upset we pulled off in the tournament last year was a start and we would have reached the conference championship, if it hadn't been called off. I don't know that, but I sure liked what I saw from our team at the end of the year. I hope this year we will start out that way with much more talent to work with... That is not a knock on the players from last year - I give them mad props for playing hard at the end of the season. We just need more talent and to play with that same heart the whole year.

I agree that the 2020-21 team played with a lot of heart. But it takes more than just "heart" to be truly competitive in college basketball.

BTW, this roster is still changing. It's down to 12 players today (from 14 last week). I'm now counting only 3 returnees, 3 new transfers and 6 freshmen recruits (includes Nativi, from Italy). It appears that Brooke is trying to change the culture of this team....the 2021-22 team will be bigger, and should be more physical than last year. The only returnees that I count from last season's team are Keiunna Walker (our best player, who averaged 11 ppg and 3.2 rbs), 6'1 guard Lotte Sant (played in 30 games with 11 starts as a freshman), and 6'3 Anna Larr Roberson, (played in 30 games and made 15 starts as a true freshman, averaged 7 ppg & 6 rbs).

I still expect Brooke to sign at least one more transfer, perhaps two.

One thing is certain: The 2021-22 Lady Techsters will be completely different than last year's version.

+ Reply to Thread