+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mulkey Joins Tech Trio in Springfield

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Re: Mulkey Joins Tech Trio in Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    LOL! and of course you were in the room too. As a potted plant Oakes is still smarter than you.

BTW, on ESPN there was a report about the recent HoF ceremony, focusing on MJ inducting Kobe Bryant. But pigtails was mentioned as "also in attendance was the LSU Hall of Fame women's basketball coach..." decked out in her gold outfit. Hasn't coached a minute for LSU but is already known as The HALL OF FAME LSU COACH. This is more a diss of Baylor, but some of you need to just stop the pigtails' worship stuff. She has pissed in your cornflakes enough.
    No, there were only three people in Dan R's office the day Dan R made the worst decision of his tenure regarding Louisiana Tech athletics. How do you know how smart I am? You don't even know me. Dawg80, you just seem to have a way of putting your mouth in motion before you put your brain in gear when it comes to any mention of Kim Mulkey. At least you haven't injected Hitler into the discussion YET. You have in the past. Oh, and I especially like your choice of words in your last sentence. It always helps to elevate the conversation.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    Rest assured that when Dan R and Jim Oakes were both in the same room at the same time with Kim Mulkey discussing her contract, Jim Oakes was equivalent to a potted plant. Dan R was in charge, and he was calling all the shots. Dan R had enjoyed all he could stand of Leon Barmore being the icon of Louisiana Tech, and he did not intend to share the spotlight with a woman named Kim Mulkey--no siree, not for one minute. If she were successful, she would have assumed Leon's role. Dan R was not willing to risk that possibility. His ego would not let him.
    You tend to forget that she was offered a great deal more than she wants everyone to believe she was offered -

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    I certainly would never say Kim was disloyal. I don't think many Tech fans feel that way either.

She moved on to give herself resources for decades to come in order to win.

Regarding Tech's administration being "sexist" and screwing her out of a decent contract: Keep in mind she was offered $300,000 per year with an opportunity to make more more with side deals. She was also give a budget that exceeded the men's budget at Tech.

https://www.nytimes.com/2000/04/02/sports/plus-women-s-basketball-louisiana-tech-mulkey-robertson-is-offered-job.html

B
    y contrast, Keith Richard took over the men's program at Tech in 98-99 and coached the team that first year for less than all 3 of the Lady Techster assistant coaches were making.
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    No, there were only three people in Dan R's office the day Dan R made the worst decision of his tenure regarding Louisiana Tech athletics. How do you know how smart I am? You don't even know me. Dawg80, you just seem to have a way of putting your mouth in motion before you put your brain in gear when it comes to any mention of Kim Mulkey. At least you haven't injected Hitler into the discussion YET. You have in the past. Oh, and I especially like your choice of words in your last sentence. It always helps to elevate the conversation.
    Hitler? I think this is the second time someone, maybe it was also you, claim I compared pigtails to Hitler. I don't remember doing that. I have used the Benedict Arnold comparison, and that I do remember.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    You tend to forget that she was offered a great deal more than she wants everyone to believe she was offered -
    Facts mean nothing to the pigtails' apologists.

+ Reply to Thread