+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: No. 14 LA Tech Hosts UTSA for Senior Weekend

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Utsa No. 14 LA Tech Hosts UTSA for Senior Weekend

Looking for tickets to one of this weekends games. The Annual birthday game for me.

I think 4 tickets, but can't find the information about who needs a ticket. (4 yo and 2 yo need tickets??)

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Tickets to Friday or Sunday UTSA games?

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Looking for tickets to one of this weekends games. The Annual birthday game for me.

I think 4 tickets, but can't find the information about who needs a ticket. (4 yo and 2 yo need tickets??)
    Call ticket office to make sure about age requirements. I think you'd be okay with the 2 yr old, but maybe not with the 4. I may have tickets for Sunday. let me know if you don't get them elsewhere.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: Tickets to Friday or Sunday UTSA games?

Cool, thank you!

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Baseball No. 14 LA Tech Hosts UTSA for Senior Weekend

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

RUSTON, La. –*No. 14 Louisiana Tech will return home for its final six regular season games of the 2021 season, hosting UTSA for a four-game C-USA series to open its final home stand.

More...

Discuss it here.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Re: No. 14 LA Tech Hosts UTSA for Senior Weekend

4-0, that’s all there is to it! For a nationally ranked team with aspirations of challenging for the CUSA championship and hosting an NCAA regional there is no settling for anything less. There’s no more time to wait for the Dawgs to hit their stride, its right now! Any sort of putting off stepping up our game only adds to the potential of the team’s self doubt and the possibility of fueling a season ending slump. Let’s not go there, let’s win this thing.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    4-0, that’s all there is to it! For a nationally ranked team with aspirations of challenging for the CUSA championship and hosting an NCAA regional there is no settling for anything less. There’s no more time to wait for the Dawgs to hit their stride, its right now! Any sort of putting off stepping up our game only adds to the potential of the team’s self doubt and the possibility of fueling a season ending slump. Let’s not go there, let’s win this thing.
    4-0, based on what?

I posted we needed to sweep Marshall and got bashed...was accused of knowing nothing about baseball, blah, blah, blah... Of course, as usual, I was smack dead on. I said IF we are Omaha-worthy, a team with a legit shot of making it thru the playoffs, then sweeping a lousy team like MU is expected. We didn't come close to sweeping them and we are in fact NOT Omaha-worthy. My point has been proven. (because I do know baseball...)

As for what is left, well, I just hope the Dawgs finish out the season with some measure of success. That begins with a 3-1 series win over UTSA...and yes, 4-0 would be nice, but with our horrible pitching, not expected. Maybe we can win a couple of 13-12 type games.

Varsity Bulldog rlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    4-0, based on what?

I posted we needed to sweep Marshall and got bashed...was accused of knowing nothing about baseball, blah, blah, blah... Of course, as usual, I was smack dead on. I said IF we are Omaha-worthy, a team with a legit shot of making it thru the playoffs, then sweeping a lousy team like MU is expected. We didn't come close to sweeping them and we are in fact NOT Omaha-worthy. My point has been proven. (because I do know baseball...)

As for what is left, well, I just hope the Dawgs finish out the season with some measure of success. That begins with a 3-1 series win over UTSA...and yes, 4-0 would be nice, but with our horrible pitching, not expected. Maybe we can win a couple of 13-12 type games.
    Me personally, I think the only way we host is if we are on the list of host sites today AND we go 5-0 this weekend. I don’t think 4-0 or even 3-1 will do it. We need to beat them so bad in one game that we are awarded two wins. But that’s just my opinion.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    4-0, based on what?

You know that excuse thing, ‘it’s baseball’. Well, if Tech can be beaten by a undisputed crap team like Marshall and the baseball know-it-all’s can accept it and write it off as, ‘that’s baseball for ya’ then Tech can win by the same concept. So we’re not as good as our ranking and we’re not Omaha worthy, we can still go 4-0 this weekend because, ‘that’s baseball’.

Big Dog Dorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to behold

Looks like a good crowd for Saturday. I called yesterday for tickets, but could not get two together.

Did snag a couple for Sunday. That game will be on ESPN+ for those who have it. Look for me in the crowd.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

You know that excuse thing, ‘it’s baseball’. Well, if Tech can be beaten by a undisputed crap team like Marshall and the baseball know-it-all’s can accept it and write it off as, ‘that’s baseball for ya’ then Tech can win by the same concept. So we’re not as good as our ranking and we’re not Omaha worthy, we can still go 4-0 this weekend because, ‘that’s baseball’.
    True. And for the record, I do think we are better than UTSA and expect us to win the series 3-1. So, if 3-1 is very doable, then so too is 4-0 since all it takes is a 2-out bloop double plating a couple of runs late in the game...winning 10-9 or 14-13 or some such "baseball-not" score!

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Ranking college baseball teams is such a flawed concept. Way too many variables.

As far as Tech being Omaha worthy you are correct we are not. We probably are not even super regional worthy, even if the region is played in Ruston. We do not have enough quality pitching innings to win tournament baseball.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Ranking college baseball teams is such a flawed concept. Way too many variables.

As far as Tech being Omaha worthy you are correct we are not. We probably are not even super regional worthy, even if the region is played in Ruston. We do not have enough quality pitching innings to win tournament baseball.
    All that's probably true. But, there's nothing that says we can't get on a roll, finish our regular season 6-0, or 5-1 (with a split with ODU) at home, and just make the most of our upcoming appearances in the CUSA Tournament, and the NCAA Regionals. Nobody expects LA Tech to win the National Championship. So let's just see who parties we can screw up!

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    All that's probably true. But, there's nothing that says we can't get on a roll, finish our regular season 6-0, or 5-1 (with a split with ODU) at home, and just make the most of our upcoming appearances in the CUSA Tournament, and the NCAA Regionals. Nobody expects LA Tech to win the National Championship. So let's just see who parties we can screw up!
    I love the idea of Tech being a spoiler. Perhaps that’s our calling, being the David to some Goliath. And hey if we knock one or two why not a whole 6 pack. There have been other underdog champions, so why not Tech. I’m not going to say we can’t do it until someone puts us on the bus and stamps our pass as voided.

Coastal Carolina won a national championship just a few years ago. When we were in the WAC both Fresno and Rice would national championships. It can be done.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

UTSA qualified for the tournament with Rice losing to Charlotte.

+ Reply to Thread