+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Redesign Coming to Karl Malone Court

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Redesign Coming to Karl Malone Court

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I agree.... It would look SO much better without the mountain and the separate pic ax. I think the pic ax is enough on the logo in the middle. Lose the mountain and have one miner ax on the logo and it would look good.
    I hate it. This is nothing new, of course. Colleges have been doing this for a couple of decades. Most notably, the Mountain West Conference put "mountains" on their perfectly good basketball floor to host their conference tournament in Las Vegas back in 2013 (see attached link). That one looked awful too.

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/20/s...-branding.html

Instead, I think UTEP should honor the achievements of their 1966 NCAA Title team with some kind of smaller, more subtle, permanent floor design. Something classy. Something they could talk to recruits and TV viewers about. Something much more tasteful than just another landscape "mountain" design that means nothing. A design that would actually honor something bigger than just another basketball title. That 1966 UTEP team ushered in the modern era of college basketball and changed how most Americans view black athletes. It was a historic achievement by UTEP, and I would try to use that to my advantage, if I were UTEP.

Mountains don't do that.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Update
    Went up $1k in last few days from two donations

----

BullMarket | New TAC Floor Design Donation

Currently at $29,830 for goal of $50,000 (as of 6/1)

Project close on June 18 (6/18)

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

So what happens if they don't make the goal by the project close date?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    So what happens if they don't make the goal by the project close date?
    Someone picks up the rest of the tab.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Congrats to this "Bullmarket" group. Not sure who this group is, but apparently they roll up to the Louisiana Tech Foundation, just like LTAC. I guess they are just a parallel (but different) organization to LTAC?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Congrats to this "Bullmarket" group. Not sure who this group is, but apparently they roll up to the Louisiana Tech Foundation, just like LTAC. I guess they are just a parallel (but different) organization to LTAC?
    it’s part of the alumni association
    BullMarket is Louisiana Tech University’s official brand-new project funding platform. It serves as an online tool to help students, faculty and staff display select projects and raise funds to turn their ambitious ideas into reality. Whether a project needs funding for a student organization, faculty/staff research, academic program support, or even a university-led community initiative, BullMarket utilizes the power of the “Tech family” to directly impact the world with each online gift – no matter how large or small.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I'm sure it will look great.

I sure wish they'd used Q's idea though.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Basically our donation software platform for the alumni association for special projects (a la GoFundMe).

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I'm sure it will look great.

I sure wish they'd used Q's idea though.
    They are given a few mockups probably from the sports floor company and are going with what is presented. Folks in the athletic program do not have a good design eye. They will not ask for true fan feedback.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    They are given a few mockups probably from the sports floor company and are going with what is presented. Folks in the athletic program do not have a good design eye. They will not ask for true fan feedback.
    It'd actually look better on their resume. "I helped coordinate a redesign (of anything) using our fans' ideas." (They do it all the time with my images. Take donations from a volunteer and pay a graphic designer.)
    Last edited by Dawgpix; 06-21-2021 at 07:46 AM.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread