+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Job Opening: Assoc. Athletic Director for Brand Engagement

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Job Opening: Assoc. Athletic Director for Brand Engagement

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I emailed Mr. McIntyre to suggest he reach out to Homefield and to share my 2 cents on the logo situation (I didn't call the ugly one an abomination in the sight of God and man because I didn't want to understate my feelings, but I imagine he got the point). I did give some examples of places where the ugly one doesn't work even if you don't think it's ugly.

Like how it's too long for the CUSA banner, or stupidly small on the ESPN standings page.

No expectations for change. I mean, we just plastered that atrocity across our basketball court (despite Q's superior design with the classic logo). So, we're stuck with it. My best hope is that we just dial it back a little, at least where it doesn't fit in a square graphic.

Are there any Homefield Tech gear? I emailed them and told basically to stay in my lane while they introduce all the P5s first.

Tech released a report last week about how great the Tech digital brand is recognized, used, replicated through some kind of new measurement method.

I'd love to still see a economic study done in the College of Business telling the dollar value . . . discretionary spending power . . . of the Tech graduate, as compared to other Louisiana institutions.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Are there any Homefield Tech gear? I emailed them and told basically to stay in my lane while they introduce all the P5s first.
    No. I just suggested that he pursue that from his end as well.

One of the things I like about that brand is their social media presence (especially among college football media and their followers). There are people that will sign up for a like shirt of month club and just wear whatever the company ships them. On top of having a few cool new shirt options for us, it'd be a bonus to see our name/logo buzzing in Twitter college football circles for a few days and to get some previously unaffiliated people walking around with Bulldog stuff on just because they think it looks cool.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    No. I just suggested that he pursue that from his end as well.

One of the things I like about that brand is their social media presence (especially among college football media and their followers). There are people that will sign up for a like shirt of month club and just wear whatever the company ships them. On top of having a few cool new shirt options for us, it'd be a bonus to see our name/logo buzzing in Twitter college football circles for a few days and to get some previously unaffiliated people walking around with Bulldog stuff on just because they think it looks cool.
    Get your a$$ back in line.
    That's what their response will be regardless how much you want our G5 school included.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Get your a$$ back in line.
    That's what their response will be regardless how much you want our G5 school included.
    They already have a lot of G5 (and smaller) schools. I think the current big marketing push of "whose fanbase can buy up the most shirts in a week?" is probably going to continue to be larger P5 schools.

But they're selling stuff for Akron, App St., Hampton, Houston Baptist, Vermont, etc.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    So, add to the job requirements......

“Make sure Aramark has enough water.” Someone capable of ensuring that is worth an extra 10% in salary. Someone who can do the simple stuff right. Let’s find that person.
    In business management, Quality Improvement, the whole Deming, Crosby et al movement the Japanese term of "kaizan" was used. It means: do the little things right and the big things take care of themselves.

Such a simple concept, eh.

+ Reply to Thread