+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Job Opening: Assoc. Athletic Director for Brand Engagement

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Job Opening: Assoc. Athletic Director for Brand Engagement

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Well he says the right things. I will reserve judgement for a clouple of years, but wish him the best. Wonder what he thought of our first class media day?
    He won’t be here for two years if he does a good job. Hope he moves away from the “athletic branding” crap we’ve been wasting resources on

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    What I really want this person to do is get us added to the Homefield Apparel group.

https://www.homefieldapparel.com/?rsc=967262
    The response I got from Homefield:

Thanks for reaching out. Louisiana Tech is absolutely on our radar! The LSU launch really went over well so we are definitely doing our due diligence with LTU and the other 'big' schools like ULL or ULM, but they can wait after we launch Louisiana Tech

Have a good weekend,
    Joe
    Customer Service | Homefield
    W | homefieldapparel.com
    LEO

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roughedge View Post
    The response I got from Homefield:

Thanks for reaching out. Louisiana Tech is absolutely on our radar! The LSU launch really went over well so we are definitely doing our due diligence with LTU and the other 'big' schools like ULL or ULM, but they can wait after we launch Louisiana Tech

Have a good weekend,
    Joe
    Customer Service | Homefield
    W | homefieldapparel.com
    LEO
    Probably the first time ULM has been called a big school.

Varsity Bulldog DawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    They just need one more bullet point on that job description:

- Phase out the ugly logo for the good logo as quickly as possible.
    So it’s clear, I wish everyone would post pictures
    Post a picture of the logo that you don’t like (label it “Ugly” above pic) and
    Post a picture of the logo you do like (label it “Like” above pic)

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Our people fixed something that was not broken. The state block T was perfect before the dumbed it dow with the LA ECH.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Why would anybody do that? If that is a person's goal, they're over-educated and lack ambition.
    If I lived close to Ruston, I would do it for that amount...at least for a few years. maybe up to 5 years. Truthfully, I could do it for nothing, but wouldn't, as we are already set for life financially. I love Tech and would gladly devote time to helping Tech improve. Maybe someone like me, with the more exacting credentials they are seeking, will step up.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DawgBark View Post
    So it’s clear, I wish everyone would post pictures
    Post a picture of the logo that you don’t like (label it “Ugly” above pic) and
    Post a picture of the logo you do like (label it “Like” above pic)
    State-T: Like
    Puppy head, LA ECH: Ugly

Simple as

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I do not think the "Athletic logo" (aka LATECH State-T) will ever go away. What they could do is incorporate the official "State-T" logo more into our athletic marketing, venues, uniform, etc. It's crazy that they abandon the official school logo and it's pretty apparent when you look inside the TAC. The floor, video board, awning, all have the athletic logo and it's overused!

I think we need to do another refresher of our graphics and wordmarks, it's time. Instead of a bulldog head maybe go with a silhouette bulldog logo standing bold and strong.

Looking around the internet, found that Citadel Bulldogs rebranded their logos.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I do not think the "Athletic logo" (aka LATECH State-T) will ever go away. What they could do is incorporate the official "State-T" logo more into our athletic marketing, venues, uniform, etc. It's crazy that they abandon the official school logo and it's pretty apparent when you look inside the TAC. The floor, video board, awning, all have the athletic logo and it's overused!

I think we need to do another refresher of our graphics and wordmarks, it's time. Instead of a bulldog head maybe go with a silhouette bulldog logo standing bold and strong.

Looking around the internet, found that Citadel Bulldogs rebranded their logos.

Honestly I do not envy a marketing team for the most common nickname in sports.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Probably the first time ULM has been called a big school.
    They would probably make more money selling LSU stuff at ULM sites.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Our people fixed something that was not broken. The state block T was perfect before the dumbed it dow with the LA ECH.
    That one move keeps Dooley as only a good AD for me instead of very good or better.

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    That one move keeps Dooley as only a good AD for me instead of very good or better.
    Yes, I think about that a lot. He needed to come up with a standard trademark(s), but he and his "advisors" were just flat out wrong about needing a separate sports logo. Probably the last sports failure of Reneau.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Yes, I think about that a lot. He needed to come up with a standard trademark(s), but he and his "advisors" were just flat out wrong about needing a separate sports logo. Probably the last sports failure of Reneau.
    I thought it was suppose to be an alternate/secondary logo, but someone in athletics took it too far and adopted it as the "athletic" logo.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I emailed Mr. McIntyre to suggest he reach out to Homefield and to share my 2 cents on the logo situation (I didn't call the ugly one an abomination in the sight of God and man because I didn't want to understate my feelings, but I imagine he got the point). I did give some examples of places where the ugly one doesn't work even if you don't think it's ugly.

Like how it's too long for the CUSA banner, or stupidly small on the ESPN standings page.

No expectations for change. I mean, we just plastered that atrocity across our basketball court (despite Q's superior design with the classic logo). So, we're stuck with it. My best hope is that we just dial it back a little, at least where it doesn't fit in a square graphic.

Thanks for the effort

+ Reply to Thread