+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast

Thread: Bulldogs Open Ruston NCAA Regional on Friday Against Rider

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Bulldogs Open Ruston NCAA Regional on Friday Against Rider

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I think Young is gone -

Really what can he accomplish on a personal level that he hasn't accomplished already?

I don't think any of our arms will be drafted high enough to make them go

Fincher needs to drop 20lbs and add muscle

Crigger is not electric

Martinez has the most upside but has been poorly developed

Move McConnel to center - Matulia stays in right, Adarius to left

Can Brantley make the move to everyday 1st base? He looks the part but lacks consistency with the stick

While we were a very good offensive team - NC State was a completely different animal

People talked about our pitching being our downfall - it was their hitting with just enough pitching that won them that series in basically a walk...

They had ONE soft out in the 3 games I watched them play - ONE

They were MONSTERS with a bat in their hands
    Young has announced that he will be coming back. No real money in the bigs for guys like him or Wells or Bates.

Not concerned about losing any pitchers to the draft.

Brantley also needs to learn how to catch pop ups and scoop the ball.

I like your outfield shift. #12 is inconsistent in the field. He has to get better.

Our batters lacked discipline after the Friday game.

Big Dog Pitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the rough Pitcherjlt's Avatar

LaTech Re: Bulldogs Open Ruston NCAA Regional on Friday Against Rider

Who ever is in charge of their weight training and conditioning program needs a bonu$ -

Thick shoulders, developed forearms, thighs and base were very well developed

1-9 in their lineup had quick quick hands with the ability to extend at bats that I can't remember seeing come through our stadium - LSU's glory teams had gorilla ball, these guys flat out raked it to all fields and especially back up the middle...
    Dwayne, I was also very impressed with NC State and their bat control. Those guys were flat out raking line drives in both games vs LA Tech. The first game we lost to them, I think we had 12 or 15 fly ball outs. You just simply cannot hit the ball in the air and expect to win. The field in game 1 was wet and I told a buddy of mine after the game that when a team hits the ball on the ground anything can happen with the fielder. We just didn't hit enough ground balls and line drives against them to win while they certainly did it to us. I will be very interested to see how NC State performs in their Super Regional. They also started a freshman pitcher against us in Game 1 and I want to see how he does going forward.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Pitcherjlt View Post
    Dwayne, I was also very impressed with NC State and their bat control. Those guys were flat out raking line drives in both games vs LA Tech. The first game we lost to them, I think we had 12 or 15 fly ball outs. You just simply cannot hit the ball in the air and expect to win. The field in game 1 was wet and I told a buddy of mine after the game that when a team hits the ball on the ground anything can happen with the fielder. We just didn't hit enough ground balls and line drives against them to win while they certainly did it to us. I will be very interested to see how NC State performs in their Super Regional. They also started a freshman pitcher against us in Game 1 and I want to see how he does going forward.
    Did you see my earlier comments about our at bats? It seemed every one of our guys was dipping their back shoulder trying to hit the tracks with every swing. It’s not like we had level swings and were under the ball. Our bats were not in the zone for very long on most of our swings.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Who ever is in charge of their weight training and conditioning program needs a bonu$ -

Thick shoulders, developed forearms, thighs and base were very well developed

1-9 in their lineup had quick quick hands with the ability to extend at bats that I can't remember seeing come through our stadium - LSU's glory teams had gorilla ball, these guys flat out raked it to all fields and especially back up the middle...
    Everything you said is spot on. There was no an automatic out in their lineup. It was very impressive.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Everything you said is spot on. There was no an automatic out in their lineup. It was very impressive.
    The pitching they faced has to be considered, but still they were a good hitting team.

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

Can we just skip football season and move on to basketball season. Hand Skip his 7-6 record with his bowl win. Please

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    When I got home, I had to console my 12 year old. He cried when we lost. After listening to almost every game and seeing several, he felt like he knew these players. He got to meet Alex yesterday and get a selfie with him. A young diehard is born!
    I went with my son, a couple of his teammates, and another coach to the Saturday/Sunday games at the conference tournament. The boys managed to get a couple of HR and foul balls during the ODU/FAU game, and they stuck around to get autographs from the Tech players after their wins over USM.

All of the players they got to meet were very classy guys. Every one of them asked their names, how old they were, and made some small talk with them. Manny and Matulia made the biggest impact on the boys, offering some encouragement to them to keep working hard and taking pictures with them. They met Manny after the first USM game on Saturday, and after the walk-off in game 2, he gave the boys fist bumps through the netting behind home plate!

We had our first games since then this past weekend. What song did they want played at the start of every game? Pump It Up! The whole team rallied around it all weekend, and won some games against some really tough teams this weekend, which is something we had struggled with lately. It was amazing to see how a weekend of college baseball and some brief interactions with Tech players could have such an impact on a group of 12-13 year old kids!

Big Dog Pitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the rough Pitcherjlt's Avatar

Did you see my earlier comments about our at bats? It seemed every one of our guys was dipping their back shoulder trying to hit the tracks with every swing. It’s not like we had level swings and were under the ball. Our bats were not in the zone for very long on most of our swings.
    No sir, I did not see your comments but your observation may be spot on. I just know we hit a lot of fly balls in these games.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gladzilla View Post
    Can we just skip football season and move on to basketball season. Hand Skip his 7-6 record with his bowl win. Please
    You’re assuming there will be a bowl game. Remember Tech football lost Their last bowl game so they could very well be on a backslide. We’d better keep our fingers crossed.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Pitcherjlt View Post
    No sir, I did not see your comments but your observation may be spot on. I just know we hit a lot of fly balls in these games.
    We definitely set some kind of record for pop ups and foul balls. Crazy

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Adding to the batting talk, I know its fairly obvious that our lesser accomplishing hitters widen their strike zones by swinging at balls and by not seeming to know what their weaknesses are. You’d think they know their weak traits, but I can’t tell you how many times I anticipated the very pitch that wasn’t a strike that some of our guys swung at. Now I know that in most cases a really well thrown pitch is going to beat a batter, but those aren’t the pitchers I’m talking about. As important as it is to practice the techniques of swinging the bat, Tech needs to work on the mental aspect of when to swing the bat. Young is an exceptional hitter and a great example of what I’m talking about because he works walks so well. He doesn’t swing at a lot of balls outside the zone. Also think back to the umpiring we all saw. Those guys had fairly small zones, so had our guys been well coached they should’ve know to adjust their swings to the ump’s zone. We didn’t do that. The guys who hit, hit, the guys who don’t hit either swing and miss or pop up.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Everything that has been said in these latter posts all point to coaching, or the lack of it. Yeah, we had a senior team, an "old" team, the players should know better, but apparently they forgot the basics and then it's up to the adults, the professionals who get paid to monitor such things. Our coaches must have forgot too.

Looking at other fields where regionals are being played, ours is definitely smaller, but some sites saw several more home runs than we did. Is this because Rider didn’t hit any and other sites had 4 teams all blasting away? Either way, surprised others are ahead of us in that department.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at other fields where regionals are being played, ours is definitely smaller, but some sites saw several more home runs than we did. Is this because Rider didn’t hit any and other sites had 4 teams all blasting away? Either way, surprised others are ahead of us in that department.
    Our field layout makes it play slightly bigger than its dimensions with the short porch in right usually into the prevailing wind.

I counted maybe three HRs in the regional that would have stayed in the yard with NCAA regulation distances. There were at least as many if not more over the Kennel than in the Kennel. And over the Kennel would be way out maybe anywhere except TD Ameritrade Park.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

When I got home, I had to console my 12 year old. He cried when we lost. After listening to almost every game and seeing several, he felt like he knew these players. He got to meet Alex yesterday and get a selfie with him. A young diehard is born!
    Quote Originally Posted by LATECH87 View Post
    Hate that for him but this is how lifetime fans are born
    https://twitter.com/nathanwpyle/status/1400933894527016970?s=20

+ Reply to Thread