+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I pray that Tech goes winless this year.

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

I pray that Tech goes winless this year.

I'll be fine with a year of losses just don't wanna see them win any games. I am a die hard Alum and I just wanna throw up at the thought of football season. Holtz "we competed" Me: no shit moron you put 11 on each side of the ball.

The more I hear and read about lifelong fans being just fed up, I don't blame them. As fans we've just taken beating after beating and are told we should be happy with a 6-6 record cause the team made a bowl game.

No, excitement, no enthusiasm.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: I pray that Tech goes winless this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladzilla View Post
    I am a die hard
    You sure?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I'll be fine with a year of losses just don't wanna see them win any games. I am a die hard Alum and I just wanna throw up at the thought of football season. Holtz "we competed" Me: no shit moron you put 11 on each side of the ball.

The more I hear and read about lifelong fans being just fed up, I don't blame them. As fans we've just taken beating after beating and are told we should be happy with a 6-6 record cause the team made a bowl game.

No, excitement, no enthusiasm.
    do we get 1st draft pick!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    You sure?
    Yeah, pretty much sure. What you fail to see is this fan's cry for help, a level of frustration that only comes from true "die hards." Now, Mr. Zilla can answer for himself, but I think he doesn't REALLY want to go 0-12, this is more just venting to an audience of fellow "die hards" who want more than mediocrity. Surely you've heard(seen) that desire expressed a time or two on this board.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Losing seasons don’t do us any good. What we need is an admin that, from top to bottom, doesn’t accept mediocrity. From concessions to championships, our programs should be expected to be excellent. If they did, then 8 seasons of no championships and below average bowl games would at least get you on the hot seat if not fired. A program like ours that is already on shaky ground can’t handle very many 4-8 seasons or worse. Our players, fans, and decent coaches would all be like rats bailing off a sinking ship.

I don’t want to see Skip fail. I want someone to go in his office and say, “9 wins and playing for the conference championship is what we expect at a minimum. Now, go out there and exceed our expectations!”

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Yeah, pretty much sure. What you fail to see is this fan's cry for help, a level of frustration that only comes from true "die hards." Now, Mr. Zilla can answer for himself, but I think he doesn't REALLY want to go 0-12, this is more just venting to an audience of fellow "die hards" who want more than mediocrity. Surely you've heard(seen) that desire expressed a time or two on this board.
    What's odd is that 12-0 is about as likely as 0-12 given the conference we play in. The difference being that 12-0 is probably more likely to actually get rid of Holtz. So I guess, as long as we're rooting for unlikely things, I'd just as soon root for the one that is good for Tech. I would assume that's the "die hard" position, but what do I know. It was 2 years ago that we were a failed weed test away from being highly competitive for a NY bowl.

I will give Gladzilla credit on this count: Holtz is going to have to do a LOT worse or a LOT better (at least as compared to last year) before he goes anywhere.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Better yet, Holtz decides to employ an exciting brand of football, we go 12-0, and the excitement returns to the Joe!

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

Yes I am a die hard fan/alum. Exactly what I mean is there is damage done that cannot be undone until the man is gone. I really do think that one bad season followed by good seasons will bring the excitement back. Even if he went 12-0 I'd still fire him and release this statement. "Skip Holtz's track record indicates that he is incapable of maintaining this level of success or even one level below, we at Louisiana Tech University will not accept meritocracy therefore have decided to part ways"

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Such a BS thread.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Such a BS thread.
    And after such a great run in baseball. His timing is really freaking stupid and he’s only wishing for an immediate negative impact only months away for our Dawgs and university. Is this guy a ULL troll or what?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

As fans we've just taken beating after beating and are told we should be happy with a 6-6 record cause the team made a bowl game.
    Is this what we've seen over the last 8 seasons?

By my count, that's happened. . .once. In what you might consider "unusual" circumstances.

Now, granted, there was one season much worse than that (if you had called for his head after season #1, and you may have, I wouldn't have argued all that strongly against you).

And another kind of close (6-6 regular season, 7-6 with the bowl win).

But until last year, we haven't been "told we should be happy with a 6-6 record cause the team made a bowl game." And even then, it was 5-5.

I think we can be frustrated with the lack of league titles. I think we can be disappointed with any one loss. I think it's totally fine if you want to say you'd like a new coach because you think we can win more games with someone else. But we haven't really been saddled with a run of .500 seasons. We won 10 games season before last. Not sure I'm personally ready to burn it all down at this point (to put it mildly).

Has skip holtz beaten a p5 team,no has he said that p5 games don't matter, YES. also baseball and football are different sports. Momentum.doesn't really transfer over.

Yes I am a die hard fan/alum. Exactly what I mean is there is damage done that cannot be undone until the man is gone. I really do think that one bad season followed by good seasons will bring the excitement back. Even if he went 12-0 I'd still fire him and release this statement. "Skip Holtz's track record indicates that he is incapable of maintaining this level of success or even one level below, we at Louisiana Tech University will not accept meritocracy therefore have decided to part ways"
    Sounds like you just don’t like him. That’s fine, but it certainly doesn’t typically lead to good decision making. If you were our AD, I think the applicant pool after you fired Skip would be pretty thin.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Sounds like you just don’t like him. That’s fine, but it certainly doesn’t typically lead to good decision making. If you were our AD, I think the applicant pool after you fired Skip would be pretty thin.
    I don't, he'll never take tech to the next level

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Has skip holtz beaten a p5 team,no has he said that p5 games don't matter, YES. also baseball and football are different sports. Momentum.doesn't really transfer over.
    I don't think this was in answer to me, but you are right about this being a different conversation from baseball. As to the P5 wins, yeah that's a problem. But that's also not going 6-6 every year.

+ Reply to Thread