+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Message from Lane Burroughs

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Baseball Message from Lane Burroughs

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Re: Message from Lane Burroughs

Awesome year, hopefully more to come. Go Dawgs.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

I believe what Burroughs says. His investment in being all Tech feels real. I sincerely hope he has it in him to drive Tech to be a nationally legit championship caliber baseball program. As things stand right now it would be impossible for me not to be in my seat next season to experience at least a repeat year to 2021. Go Dawgs!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Lots to be excited about in Tech Athletics! Always possible for football to surprise(trying to be optimistic fellas). MBB has some real potential. WBB has a chance to move in the right direction with a lot of new blood. Baseball can continue success. Softball can hopefully get back on track in a new facility with new coaching. And if all else falls short, WE HAVE BOWLING!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Money can be made through Football and MBB. Baseball can break even and we actually have a chance to be successful.

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    I believe what Burroughs says. His investment in being all Tech feels real. I sincerely hope he has it in him to drive Tech to be a nationally legit championship caliber baseball program. As things stand right now it would be impossible for me not to be in my seat next season to experience at least a repeat year to 2021. Go Dawgs!
    will he stay or will he go. Will Alabama make him an offer?

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    will he stay or will he go. Will Alabama make him an offer?
    You think Alabama will have an opening?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

He says they love Ruston.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    He says they love Ruston.
    They all say that. What's not to love? But money and the prestige of an SEC gig or some other major conference is very tempting. I would be concerned if any coach did not give serious consideration to moving on to a "big" school, with all the bells and whistles they offer. Concerned because I might question his competitive drive and desire to compete on a bigger stage. Don't want a coach who has gotten "too comfortable" where he is and is just mailing it in, doing only just enough to keep his job. Er, right...Skippy!

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    They all say that. What's not to love? But money and the prestige of an SEC gig or some other major conference is very tempting. I would be concerned if any coach did not give serious consideration to moving on to a "big" school, with all the bells and whistles they offer. Concerned because I might question his competitive drive and desire to compete on a bigger stage. Don't want a coach who has gotten "too comfortable" where he is and is just mailing it in, doing only just enough to keep his job. Er, right...Skippy!
    I get all that, but somewhere if it ends up not being Burroughs, there has to be a guy bubbling over with wanting to own the creation of a world beater collegiate baseball program. It’s either that or follow in the footsteps of the Dodo bird coaches who are bought off short term to their eventual demise. Only in rarity does a coach go big league and succeed. More times they’re flushed out like in a game of snakes and ladders only to end up further behind in the game of life.

If it comes down to money, Tech could always cut back on football position coaches because Holtz doesn’t use them anyway. I can think of 3 spots that are wasted right now and have been for about 5 years.

If it comes down to money, Tech could always cut back on football position coaches because Holtz doesn’t use them anyway. I can think of 3 spots that are wasted right now and have been for about 5 years.
    Those are not really jobs. Those are positions reserved for past and future favors among the coaching fraternity.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Then you would have never been happy with............Maxie Lambright. Yes, the former Bulldog Head Football Coach had many chances to "move up" to bigger and better programs, but instead he and his family chose to stay in Ruston and win 3 consecutive National Championships. Whistles and bells can be over-rated, because they usually come with more scrutiny and surveillance.

Varsity Bulldog rlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to behold

Can’t wait for next year. I’m getting season tickets for next year if they are available. Hopefully we can keep Tech on the map and attract some big time talent with these facilities and a steady winner.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

I get all that, but somewhere if it ends up not being Burroughs, there has to be a guy bubbling over with wanting to own the creation of a world beater collegiate baseball program. It’s either that or follow in the footsteps of the Dodo bird coaches who are bought off short term to their eventual demise. Only in rarity does a coach go big league and succeed. More times they’re flushed out like in a game of snakes and ladders only to end up further behind in the game of life.

I usually don't pay much attention to who the assistant coaches are so I was a bit surprised to learn Mitch Gaspard jumped at the opportunity to become an assistant coach at Tech. Based on his resume, I'm guessing there are plenty of schools that would love to have him as a head coach. I didn't dig to see if he has any baggage, but on the surface, it looks like Tech is fortunate to have him.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Then you would have never been happy with............Maxie Lambright. Yes, the former Bulldog Head Football Coach had many chances to "move up" to bigger and better programs, but instead he and his family chose to stay in Ruston and win 3 consecutive National Championships. Whistles and bells can be over-rated, because they usually come with more scrutiny and surveillance.
    Different era. And, I really liked Coach Lambright. And, besides, there is always the ultimate loyal coach: Leon Barmore.

Besides, read what I posted, I said I would be concerned if a coach did not at least CONSIDER pursuing other opportunities. Anyone, in any field, should be driven to advance "up the corporate ladder." Sports is the very essence of competition and to be successful in it, you need highly motivated and competitive people.

Maybe LB is channeling his competitive spirit into building Tech Baseball into a serious perennial contender for Omaha. That would be very okay with me.

+ Reply to Thread