+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Things to do in McKinney

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Things to do in McKinney

The family (13 year old son, 3 year old daughter, and the wife) and I are going to be staying in McKinney 7/5 thru 7/10 while my son plays a baseball tournament. We'll be staying close to the airport and should have a fair amount of free time each day when we aren't playing baseball. The boys' families and siblings (toddlers to teenagers) will all be there as well.

I'm sure we'll be spending a lot of time at the hotel pool, but I'd also like to know what you guys would recommend for places to take the kids for fun, places to eat, which golf course the coaches and I can go play, etc. Thanks!

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: Things to do in McKinney

You'd be close enough to Grapevine to consider Great Wolf Lodge or Legoland.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Aquarium at the Grapevine Mall is pretty nice.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    The family (13 year old son, 3 year old daughter, and the wife) and I are going to be staying in McKinney 7/5 thru 7/10 while my son plays a baseball tournament. We'll be staying close to the airport and should have a fair amount of free time each day when we aren't playing baseball. The boys' families and siblings (toddlers to teenagers) will all be there as well.

I'm sure we'll be spending a lot of time at the hotel pool, but I'd also like to know what you guys would recommend for places to take the kids for fun, places to eat, which golf course the coaches and I can go play, etc. Thanks!
    Did you find any good ideas?

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Aquarium at the Grapevine Mall is pretty nice.
    lot of stuff at Grapevine Mall. wives would probably like the historic part of Grapevine too

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Did you find any good ideas?
    With the way our games were scheduled, we didn't get out too much until Saturday, after we got knocked out of the tournament.

We started by going to Dallas World Aquarium; my 3 year old liked it, so that's really what mattered, but the rest of us just thought it was okay. The layout is a little confusing and we seemed to be stuck in a single file line most of the time. Then we went to Top Golf, which is always a good time. Ended the day by going to Hutchins BBQ in Frisco. Very good food, but I found it to be overpriced compared to what I'm used to paying at a BBQ joint. A few of the families with us went to Great Wolf Lodge for a couple of days after everything was over.

All in all, we had a good trip. The baseball could've been better though!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

We have done the Dallas Aquarium as well. I agree that the exhibits are good, but the layout is not conducive to the flow of the large crowd they attract. Both the Dallas and Ft Worth zoos are good as well. For your next adventure there.

+ Reply to Thread