+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sherry out as Soccer Coach

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Re: Sherry out as Soccer Coach

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    For any "non-revenue" sport, such as women's soccer, the main goals...no, not merely goals, but must-hit targets, should be:

Great student-athletes - high GPA's and graduations
    Community involvement - ambassadors for the university (involved with local youth leagues, and community projects), GOOD citizens
    University involvement - presence/support for other teams on campus
    Success on the field (court) - winning records and occasional serious contender for conference championships/post season

Anything beyond these should be considered lagniappe.
    We definitely had the first three with soccer. Always at the top in team GPA, most involved team in the community, and always present for other teams' games.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    I don’t have a problem moving on from Sherry, but if we are going to say generally having winning records, making the conference tournament fairly regularly, but not making any big waves is grounds for dismissal then there are several coaches on campus that depending on their coming season should be gone barring a big jump.

Women’s basketball should definitely be on the clock for one.
    Assuming that progress which eventually leads to at least being conference contenders is the criteria for contract extensions then women's basketball should be up for change in a year or two.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roughedge View Post
    We definitely had the first three with soccer. Always at the top in team GPA, most involved team in the community, and always present for other teams' games.
    No doubt on the field issues cost his job. His last five conference finishes were: 5th, 4th, 4th (tie), 6th (tie) an 6th (tie) again, but this time in a division (other years were in the whole conference). Never finished above a tie for 3rd in 14 seasons.

In 14 seasons did not qualify for the conference tournament 6 times, including this year. In the 8 years we did qualify, only 3 wins. Five times one and done. Three times one win and out.

If this would have happened in baseball or basketball people would have been screaming. Of course, our attendance in soccer is not very good either and most of us probably do not follow Tech’s women’s soccer, like other sports anyway. In 2018, the last season we played on campus that figures are available, we averaged 154 fans per home game. That put us way outside the average attendance of the top 25 division 3 schools. A couple of division 1 schools average more fans per game than we have all year.

Sherry is probably lucky to have keep his job as long as he did. He better send Tommy a Christmas card every year. Hopefully this is a sign for the future, coaches win, or they go elsewhere.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Soccer people - what do you think of the new field? The pictures look pretty nice, how does out field stack up with other schools we recruit against?

Also <insert usual gripe about using the ugly logo instead of the good one on the signage>

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Soccer people - what do you think of the new field? The pictures look pretty nice, how does out field stack up with other schools we recruit against?
    I don't about the schools we recruit against but by far better than anything I've seen in Louisiana. The players were absolutely awed when they stepped on it for the first time.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I think it looks top notch for a colligate women's soccer facility. Concrete grandstand, led lights, locker room team facility...it's a fine looking venue with potential growth.

From my brief search of CUSA women's soccer fields, a lot play in a soccer/T&F combo venue.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I think it looks top notch for a colligate women's soccer facility. Concrete grandstand, led lights, locker room team facility...it's a fine looking venue with potential growth.

From my brief search of CUSA women's soccer fields, a lot play in a soccer/T&F combo venue.
    We just need to get them to let you handle the branding/signage/field logo situation. First the TAC and now this (and the Love Shack, too).

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post

Now, we just need developers to come in and buy that old blue roof gas station in the background, and update some of those other old properties along Tech Drive. I'm surprised someone in north LA hasn't already done it. That gas station is an embarrassment. Lots of potential there. IT'S OKAY to modernize ever 40 years or so. LOL!

Do we have any property developers here on BB&B?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Now, we just need developers to come in and buy that old blue roof gas station in the background, and update some of those other old properties along Tech Drive. I'm surprised someone in north LA hasn't already done it. That gas station is an embarrassment. Lots of potential there. IT'S OKAY to modernize ever 40 years or so. LOL!

Do we have any property developers here on BB&B?
    I dabbled in it a few years ago, but OMG! Anything that could go wrong...did. And partners in the endeavor were so wishy-washy, bailing at the first sign of a glitch...well, never again. That said, we did manage to get out with a small profit, and I am thankful we did. Commercial real estate and development is especially tough now, with the uncertainty of the economy. I have seen, just recently, two groups lose $millions! Both of them had approached me about joining their LLCs, but thankfully I wanted no part of either. At least one member has lost his house, his personal residence because of it. Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Owner of the station recently sold off the adjoining oil change place and had office across the street for sale but don't know if it ever sold. Isn't there another station a block north sitting vacant? Lot of potential on Tech Drive.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

The family that owns the office and the gas station are good Ruston family. They have a lot of business all over Ruston. Don’t have to sell. Someone would have to greatly overpay to even get them interested I think.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    The family that owns the office and the gas station are good Ruston family. They have a lot of business all over Ruston. Don’t have to sell. Someone would have to greatly overpay to even get them interested I think.
    Well, they need to keep their stuff looking better. That gas station looks like something out of the 1970's. And not in a good way.

+ Reply to Thread