+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anybody got Panama City Beach tips?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Anybody got Panama City Beach tips?

We were looking at Gulf Shores, etc. But apparently it's the busiest season down all along that coast ever. First time to do the gulf coast vacation at all, so we don't even really know what to prioritize. Finally settled on going a little farther and staying in a condo in PCB. I went there a couple of times 25+ years ago to youth camp, but would love to hear any advice, tips, recommendations.

Family trip, kids from 5 to 11 years old.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: Anybody got Panama City Beach tips?

Shipwreck Island was always fun when I was a kid Shipwreck Island Waterpark in Panama City Beach, FL | Official Website

We always ate at Angelo's with the large bull Angelos Steak Pit (angelos-steakpit.com)

I
    t's been a long time since I've been to PCB / probably 30 years.

Also Gulf World Marine Park / it wasn't much back then, but we didn't care.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Thanks! We might consider the Marine Park.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Be sure and make your way to Rosemary Beach/Alys Beach, about 3 or 4 miles west of Panama City Beach, on Highway 30A. Everything WEST of PCB is very upscale, boasts the newest developments in north Florida, and has some really nice restaurants, shops, cobblestone streets, etc... Nice beaches too. You can rent bikes and have a great time riding all over the place.

For the record, Hwy 30A (maybe you've seen the blue and yellow 30A stickers on the back of people's SUV's?) is a 25-mile stretch of coastal beach towns between PCB and Destin. Hwy 30A will take you through one beautiful beach community after another. I suggest that you and your wife earmark a day to take a car drive down Hwy 30A, and just enjoy the beautiful ride thru Inlet Beach, Rosemary Beach, Alys Beach, Seaside, Grayton Beach, Blue Mountain Beach, Seagrove, Gulf Place, Dune Allen, and more. Each of these beach communities have their own special culture and unique vibe. Here's a link with some info:

https://yourfriendatthebeach.com/blo...nities-of-30a/

When you see a place you like or want to check out, just pull over and enjoy it.

In PCB, I recommend the Hooked Pier Bar & Grill for lunch. It's located at 16201 Front Beach Rd, right at the foot of the Pier Park PCB pier. It's outdoor fun dining that overlooks the beach, and the neighboring pier, of course. They have a good menu that includes Shrimp and Oyster PoBoy sandwiches, and good fish too. https://www.hookedpierbar.com/

I also highly recommend Uncle Ernies Bayfront Bar & Grill, in old downtown Panama City (not PC Beach), at 1151 Bayview Ave. You can dine inside or out, and they allow pets on the patio which overlooks the bay. https://uncleerniesbayfrontgrill.com/Menu/?title=DINNER MENU

If you don't want to eat seafood every day, Amigos 30A Mexican Kitchen, in Inlet Beach (2-3 miles west of PCB) is a home run. Great place for dinner. Actually, they have both a Mexican Kitchen, and an Italian Kitchen directly across the open air corridor. Again, both restaurants have indoor and outdoor dining.

https://amigos30a.com/

There's a lot of things to do and places to eat right in Pier Park, which is in Panama City Beach. Enjoy.

Thanks HD! Very helpful.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Be sure and make your way to Rosemary Beach/Alys Beach, about 3 or 4 miles west of Panama City Beach, on Highway 30A. Everything WEST of PCB is very upscale, boasts the newest developments in north Florida, and has some really nice restaurants, shops, cobblestone streets, etc... Nice beaches too. You can rent bikes and have a great time riding all over the place.

For the record, Hwy 30A (maybe you've seen the blue and yellow 30A stickers on the back of people's SUV's?) is a 25-mile stretch of coastal beach towns between PCB and Destin. Hwy 30A will take you through one beautiful beach community after another. I suggest that you and your wife earmark a day to take a car drive down Hwy 30A, and just enjoy the beautiful ride thru Inlet Beach, Rosemary Beach, Alys Beach, Seaside, Grayton Beach, Blue Mountain Beach, Seagrove, Gulf Place, Dune Allen, and more. Each of these beach communities have their own special culture and unique vibe.
    If you make your way west, as HD suggests, you might want to try The Red Bar in Grayton Beach.

It was rebuilt and reopened in July, 2020 after being destroyed in a fire in February, 2019. We were there last week.

There was a 90 minute wait when we arrived at 6 p.m., but you can use the time to walk the streets around the restaurant. A lot to see, and it's right near the water. If you don't want seafood order the Chicken Piccata.

45 minute drive from PCB.

https://mybaylifenwfl.com/the-red-bar-reopens/

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

The Red Bar is one of our favorites…they also serve lunch if you’re not up for waiting forever.

Stinky’s Fish Camp is another fun spot…my kids love it.

All that is a decent drive from PCB.

My favorite place in PCB is Hunt’s Oyster Bar, but I haven’t been since the new owners bought it…and if you don’t like raw oysters, you may not like it as much as I do!

Y’all have fun!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    If you make your way west, as HD suggests, you might want to try The Red Bar in Grayton Beach.

It was rebuilt and reopened in July, 2020 after being destroyed in a fire in February, 2019. We were there last week.

There was a 90 minute wait when we arrived at 6 p.m., but you can use the time to walk the streets around the restaurant. A lot to see, and it's right near the water. If you don't want seafood order the Chicken Piccata.

45 minute drive from PCB.

https://mybaylifenwfl.com/the-red-bar-reopens/
    Great suggestion. My family and I love Grayton Beach. We actually stayed right on Grayton beach between the Red Bar and the actual beach, back in 2019 while it was burned down. I actually liked it better because Grayton was less crowded with no Red Bar. That said, we love the Red Bar too. Grayton is exactly the kind of laid back "beach community" I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    The Red Bar is one of our favorites…they also serve lunch if you’re not up for waiting forever.

Stinky’s Fish Camp is another fun spot…my kids love it.

All that is a decent drive from PCB.

My favorite place in PCB is Hunt’s Oyster Bar, but I haven’t been since the new owners bought it…and if you don’t like raw oysters, you may not like it as much as I do!

Y’all have fun!
    Stinky's is good too. Stinky's is in Dune Allen, right across the street from the Dune Allen Beach Access.

+ Reply to Thread