+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Better Late Than Never: Tech's Turner Finally Called to the Hall

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: Better Late Than Never: Tech's Turner Finally Called to the Hall

Sue Donahue was a Lady Techster grad assistant coach on 1982 team. She is in the hall for her work at NCAA https://lasportshall.com/?inductees=sue-donohoe
    V
    enus Lacy & Theresa Weatherspoon are in the hall - don’t know why she was left out of Tech’s Article. My guess is they were talking about her personal teammates.

https://lasportshall.com/page/3/?pos...ersity=la-tech

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Sue Donahue was a Lady Techster grad assistant coach on 1982 team. She is in the hall for her work at NCAA https://lasportshall.com/?inductees=sue-donohoe
    V
    enus Lacy & Theresa Weatherspoon are in the hall - don’t know why she was left out of Tech’s Article. My guess is they were talking about her personal teammates.

https://lasportshall.com/page/3/?pos...ersity=la-tech
    Good link. I didn't recognize Sue Donahue's name, so I googled it and found that she passed away last December at age 61. Doesn't say from what.

https://www.shreveporttimes.com/stor...61/6533595002/

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Did you read the article?...

It's absurd for a program that has won 3 national championships, and participated in 13 FINAL FOURS to only have 4 players represented in the Louisiana Hall of Fame. Shame on the
    "diversified" and "pretty solid" (according to DawgPix) members of this "Hall of Fame" committee that is responsible for this.
    Okay let me clarify for you my original post.
    I was referring to the HoF membership when I used the words "diversified" and "pretty solid."

Carry on,
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Okay let me clarify for you my original post.
    I was referring to the HoF membership when I used the words "diversified" and "pretty solid."

Carry on,
    I know that. I called them a "committee" in my last post but I referred to them as the "members" in the previous post. Same difference. But now we're down to discussing mouse nuts that really don't matter.

The point is, regardless of how we label this "membership", they have done a very poor job of honoring our former players. I guess they think they covered their bases by putting Lady Techster coaches (Hogg & Barmore) and an administrator I've never herd of in their HOF, but that's not enough. With all due respect, fans don't care about a pencil pusher. It was the players making the shots and playing the game that we care about. And it's the players who deserve better.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Membership = Those in the Hall of Fame who have been inducted.
    Committee = Members of the LSWA who do the nominating each year of people to add to the membership of the Hall.

Otherwise your points are well taken.

Membership = Those in the Hall of Fame who have been inducted.
    Committee = Members of the LSWA who do the nominating each year of people to add to the membership of the Hall.

Otherwise your points are well taken.
    Do the members vote on the nominees like they do in the Heisman vote?

dunno.,
    I'm assuming they sit in the room and argue back and forth like regional sports writers would for their own area. With Buddy Davis gone, we lost a lot of clout for our NELA folks. As newspapers shrink the diversity OF THE MEDIA MEMBERS dwindles.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Paul Letlow, former writer for TNS, is involved. He gave an explanation on how people are nominated and how they eventually get in...

ANYBODY can send in a nomination. Several members have been nominated and voted through this process. Once the names have been submitted, "the committee" members research, discuss the names and accomplishments and place them on the ballot is they deem them worthy.

Gonna be interesting as Saints Super Bowl team members and LSU National Championship teams members become eligible. The squeeze is on.

Gonna be interesting as Saints Super Bowl team members and LSU National Championship teams members become eligible. The squeeze is on.
    Exactly. LSU's Lady Kittens are going to eventually win a NC under Kim Mulkey, and when they do, this Louisiana HOF bunch is going to be all over them. Then we'll look up one day and the Lady Techsters will still have 3 NC's and 4 or 5 players in the Louisiana HOF, and the Lady Kittens will have 1 NC and 10 players in it.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Exactly. LSU's Lady Kittens are going to eventually win a NC under Kim Mulkey, and when they do, this Louisiana HOF bunch is going to be all over them. Then we'll look up one day and the Lady Techsters will still have 3 NC's and 4 or 5 players in the Louisiana HOF, and the Lady Kittens will have 1 NC and 10 players in it.
    Nailed it.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Paul Letlow, former writer for TNS, is involved. He gave an explanation on how people are nominated and how they eventually get in...

ANYBODY can send in a nomination. Several members have been nominated and voted through this process. Once the names have been submitted, "the committee" members research, discuss the names and accomplishments and place them on the ballot is they deem them worthy.
    So, I'm hearing that we need to be nominating people.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    So, I'm hearing that we need to be nominating people.
    Not complicated. Organize a number of nominations for the desired inductees. Hearing from many verses hearing from one should make a difference. Then be sure to follow up with committee members to see why the candidate was not put on the ballot if that is/was the case.

Then restart the process the next year.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Not complicated. Organize a number of nominations for the desired inductees. Hearing from many verses hearing from one should make a difference. Then be sure to follow up with committee members to see why the candidate was not put on the ballot if that is/was the case.

Then restart the process the next year.
    The deadline to send in nominations is July 15.

https://lasportshall.com/nominate-a-candidate/

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    The deadline to send in nominations is July 15.

https://lasportshall.com/nominate-a-candidate/
    I would encourage BB&Ber's to review that list of overlooked Lady Techster candidates that I posted in Post #3 and consider submitting a candidate --or two. Do your homework first. All of those ladies have lengthy basketball resumes, and in my opinion, some are more worthy than others. I just cut their bio's down to a single sentence just to keep it pithy in the post.

I will say this: How does an All American who was MVP of the 1988 Final Four while playing for the eventual national champion, NOT end up in the lousy Louisiana Hall of Fame? Hello Erica Westbrooks!!!

+ Reply to Thread