+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Robertson Followed the Call of the Wild, Became America's Duck Commander - latechspor

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Robertson Followed the Call of the Wild, Became America's Duck Commander - latechspor

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

When A&E Network officials approached*Duck Commander Phil Robertson about creating a reality show in which he and his Louisiana family would star, he agreed on one condition.

More...

Discuss it here.

Big Dog BullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the rough BullPupN'46's Avatar

Re: Robertson Followed the Call of the Wild, Became America's Duck Commander - latech

The pure joy in duck hunting is when you are calling the ducks, they circle. getting lower, cupping their wings, dropping their legs and feet to land in
    your decoys. That is the thrill. I've had the fortune to hunt ducks on Corney Lake, Wham Break, Cameron Parish in Louisiana. In the back woods of the
    Ouachita River in Ouachita County, Ark; Narraganset Bay, Long Island Sound, R.I. and slues of the Savanna River in Georgia. Still have my cajun cedar
    callers and JOHNNY RAE caller made in Lake Charles.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Re: Robertson Followed the Call of the Wild, Became America's Duck Commander - latech

Quote Originally Posted by BullPupN'46 View Post
    The pure joy in duck hunting is when you are calling the ducks, they circle. getting lower, cupping their wings, dropping their legs and feet to land in
    your decoys. That is the thrill. I've had the fortune to hunt ducks on Corney Lake, Wham Break, Cameron Parish in Louisiana. In the back woods of the
    Ouachita River in Ouachita County, Ark; Narraganset Bay, Long Island Sound, R.I. and slues of the Savanna River in Georgia. Still have my cajun cedar
    callers and JOHNNY RAE caller made in Lake Charles.
    I’ve never been a hunter, only been out a few times in my life but that sounds awesome!! 😁

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Getting ducks in close enough that you can hear the wind in their wings and you can hear every “quack” is absolutely up there on the excitement scale. Right up there with a buck grunting or snort-wheezing right under your bow stand. The other epic hunting experience I hope to have this year is an elk bugling close to us in the mountains. Nothing like the outdoors!

Big Dog BullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the rough BullPupN'46's Avatar

Growing up in Lincoln Parish and surrounding parishes there were a lot of small farms providing food and shelter for quail. I started going with my dad on some saturday morning hunts. The first time I head flush, it scared the "poop" out of me. At thirteen I used a 410 Stevens single barrel full choke and killed my first
    bird, Learning to hunt was to the dogs as the circled the field "winding" the birds untill they came down on a point frozen like a stature and the second dog backing the first. As you approached the dogs, the would slowly creek towards the covey. My heart would be in my throat antisipating the flush. Did a little bird shooting (over cage raised birds in my late 70's and when thee dog pointed the hair raised on the back of my neck and when the bird flushed, well you know.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Getting ducks in close enough that you can hear the wind in their wings and you can hear every “quack” is absolutely up there on the excitement scale. Right up there with a buck grunting or snort-wheezing right under your bow stand. The other epic hunting experience I hope to have this year is an elk bugling close to us in the mountains. Nothing like the outdoors!
    Of all my very aggressive and "money is no object" friends who hunt 'em all including turkeys, they all agree that bugling an elk into bow range is THE most awesome thing they've done. These guys have killed numerous P&Y bucks, at least three North American species of turkeys, and ducks galore. Personally I'm torn between calling up then hearing a turkey drum and hearing the wings before seeing the ducks while hunting in trees.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Part of this article is pure bull. I am glad he succeeded via duck hunting and making duck calls, but he sucked at QB. I was there. It is made to sound like he and Bradshaw were dukeing in out to be the starting QB in 1968, but the fact of the matter is Robertson never had a chance to beat out TB. Robertson was a mediocre QB at best. He knew he had no chance, so he quit on his team and went hunting instead.

Tech went 1-9 in 1966 and 3-7 in 1967.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Didn't Phil throw a lot of INTs? Overall, he gives zero sh*ts about Louisiana Tech after leaving Ruston.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Part of this article is pure bull. I am glad he succeeded via duck hunting and making duck calls, but he sucked at QB. I was there. It is made to sound like he and Bradshaw were dukeing in out to be the starting QB in 1968, but the fact of the matter is Robertson never had a chance to beat out TB. Robertson was a mediocre QB at best. He knew he had no chance, so he quit on his team and went hunting instead.

Tech went 1-9 in 1966 and 3-7 in 1967.
    I get your point. But actually, I don't think this article tries to "sell" Phil Robertson as some kind of great college QB at all. In fact, most of the stories I've read about Phil Robertson's college football days are pretty quick to acknowledge his QBing limitations. And let's face it, how many other college football QB's would stack up favorably against Terry Bradshaw? LOL!

Nope. Phil Robertson is who he is. I've never been a big hunter myself, but I have just as much respect for Robertson's hunting abilities as I do for Bradshaw's Quarterbacking. And LA Tech is fortunate to have both as alumni. Congrats Phil, on making the Louisiana Hall of Fame as an "outdoorsman".

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Didn't Phil throw a lot of INTs? Overall, he gives zero sh*ts about Louisiana Tech after leaving Ruston.
    For sure....a INT machine. Yep, he totally ignores anything Tech related although he lives about 30 miles from the stadium. I don't know if he actually donates anything or even is a member of the Alumni Association. I would bet not.

+ Reply to Thread