+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: FIBA U19 World Cup

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: FIBA U19 World Cup

Junior is only 18 years old. In said, EIGHTEEN. Let that sink in a minute.

Junior still has much to learn. And he can do it right here at LA Tech and in CUSA. He is a wonderful 18-yr old player, with great lower body strength. But he still needs to develop more upper body strength and drastically improve his free throw shooting. For the U19 FIBA World Cup Tournament that just ended, Junior was 18 of 30 (60%) in 7 games from the free throw line. Those are not NBA free throw stats. To maximize his options, I think he also needs to develop a good, reliable, 10 foot shot for those times when he can't get to the basket. Doing so would likely minimize the potential for injuries and make him less likely to commit fouls.

Junior will have all the competition he needs in CUSA this year. UNT & WKU should be strong again, and I'm hearing that Anthony Kennedy has recruited some real basketball transfers to UAB. And we still owe ODU an azz whooping or two.

But Junior needs to win CUSA's "Player of the Year" Award this year (2021-22) to really make some noise and get noticed. Then if we can hang on to him for one more season (2022-2023), he could win back-to-back CUSA "Player of the Year" awards and write his own ticket to being an early 1st round draft pick.

These next two seasons should really be fun years for LA Tech MEN'S basketball. The best, actually. Hopefully both will end up with the Bulldogs winning a CUSA championship and post-season games in the NCAA Tournament.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Junior is only 18 years old. In said, EIGHTEEN. Let that sink in a minute.

Junior still has much to learn. And he can do it right here at LA Tech and in CUSA. He is a wonderful 18-yr old player, with great lower body strength. But he still needs to develop more upper body strength and drastically improve his free throw shooting. For the U19 FIBA World Cup Tournament that just ended, Junior was 18 of 30 (60%) in 7 games from the free throw line. Those are not NBA free throw stats. To maximize his options, I think he also needs to develop a good, reliable, 10 foot shot for those times when he can't get to the basket. Doing so would likely minimize the potential for injuries and make him less likely to commit fouls.

Junior will have all the competition he needs in CUSA this year. UNT & WKU should be strong again, and I'm hearing that Anthony Kennedy has recruited some real basketball transfers to UAB. And we still owe ODU an azz whooping or two.

But Junior needs to win CUSA's "Player of the Year" Award this year (2021-22) to really make some noise and get noticed. Then if we can hang on to him for one more season (2022-2023), he could win back-to-back CUSA "Player of the Year" awards and write his own ticket to being an early 1st round draft pick.

These next two seasons should really be fun years for LA Tech MEN'S basketball. The best, actually. Hopefully both will end up with the Bulldogs winning a CUSA championship and post-season games in the NCAA Tournament.
    I think I saw it mentioned in another post, but if he would develop some right-handed moves it would help him tremendously, especially against taller defenders.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    I think I saw it mentioned in another post, but if he would develop some right-handed moves it would help him tremendously, especially against taller defenders.
    Agree. WKU's 6'11", 235, Charles Bassey kinda exposed some of that last year.

+ Reply to Thread