+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NIL question

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

NIL question

So. . . which current athlete do we hire to promote BB&B?

My thought was whoever comes out of camp as the 2nd string QB.

"Hi, I'm ______ ________ and everybody knows that the back-up quarterback is the most popular guy on campus. Well I'm here to tell you about the most popular place to discuss all things Tech. Over at Bulldog Barks and Bytes they've been living and breathing Tech Athletics for over 20 years. . ."

Or are there some big time high school recruits that might be influenced in their choice of college by a sweet sweet endorsement offer for dawg80's rentals or champion110's weird cats? It's here, it might as well get fun (if there isn't a Griff's ad running featuring our OL within a couple of weeks, somebody needs to be fired).

Varsity Bulldog Mad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the rough Mad Italian's Avatar

Re: NIL question

And why not someone from Baseball?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Good stuff. I think we go with a controversial player who ended up finishing at another school.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

My money is on the guy who gets his picture on the medical weed package.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I'm so looking forward to the awkward line readings. I mean, pro athletes are terrible at this stuff even when they've been doing it for years. It's going to be glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Italian View Post
    And why not someone from Baseball?
    "When I'm not hitting homers in the Love Shack, I'm keeping up with baseball and other Tech sports at Bulldog Barks and Bytes. Because while it's true that chicks dig the long ball, they actually prefer stories about how things used to be better back when the poster was in school (whenever that was)."

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    "When I'm not hitting homers in the Love Shack, I'm keeping up with baseball and other Tech sports at Bulldog Barks and Bytes. Because while it's true that chicks dig the long ball, they actually prefer stories about how things used to be better back when the poster was in school (whenever that was)."
    I like the way that pitch started out, but you tapered down hill fast. You don't want to bring up visions of how athletes in the old days were bigger, faster and stronger than the product we are producing today. Even if it is true!

It's fun to think about opportunities missed, too.

"Hey, Tiger Meeking here to talk to you about the Monroe zoo."

"I'm Paul Milsap, and when I'm not cleaning up the boards in the TAC I use QuickWash to clean up the floorboards in my car, and you should, too"

"Kenneth Dixon here for Singer sewers, when my jersey ripped mid-game, I needed it fixed right away, and when your clothes rip you need that same speed and reliability."

I've missed my calling as a copy-writer apparently. Trying to stay in the PG realm, but it doesn't take much imagination to see some potential opportunities in, shall we say, less traditional venues.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

“Fans, Kody Russey here for Skip Russell’s State Farm. Just like I provide elite protection for our QB, you can count on Skip Russell State Farm to protect you and your family.”

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

“J’Mar Smith here for BB&B. During my time at Tech, I dished out plenty of BS on the sideline. You can count on the guys at BB&B to do the same.”

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

So my question is this? How does this not eventually affect high school sports?

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

All we need in college athletics is dissension and jealousy in the locker room because a couple of players are making money and everyone else is left out.

Quote Originally Posted by weunice View Post
    So my question is this? How does this not eventually affect high school sports?
    Was it ever an issue for high school sports? I'm not sure I know what you mean.

Like, are there rules that a high school athlete can't sign with Nike now? The only reason not to before today was that you wouldn't be able to play in college (and the only ones signing big deals were always going to be headed straight to the pros, at least before the one and done rules). Kobe and Lebron had shoe deals before they graduated from high school I think, but probably after basketball season ended.

I think JoeBob's Used Cars could always hire a local high school student to appear in their commercials, it's just that star athletes were probably careful because they didn't want to risk NCAA eligibility (and I imagine non star athletes are seldom worth hiring for your local commercials). And because you can't recruit in high schools (you know, in theory) there wouldn't be incentive to offer the star QB from the next town easy money like that in exchange for a transfer.

I can’t imagine this is going to be that big of a deal. A handful of players in the country will have big endorsements. The vast majority will probably do ads for the local pizza joint and make pennies.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I can’t imagine this is going to be that big of a deal. A handful of players in the country will have big endorsements. The vast majority will probably do ads for the local pizza joint and make pennies.
    Yeah, it'll be a big deal for a day or two, the biggest schools will mostly still sign the top recruits. Some higher level kids will get big money (who were going to get it anyway, like the Trevor Lawrences of the world). A tiny handful of out of the box kids will make some money they otherwise were being kept from (big personalities on TikTok, Olympic athletes, that kicker from UCF that had a funny youtube channel that got shut down). And most will now be able to sign an autograph here and there without fear.

Oh - and maybe the NCAA football game comes back! Honestly I think the players would mostly agree in exchange for a copy of the game (with maybe the player on the cover getting paid).

+ Reply to Thread