+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Karl Malone Power Forward of the Year Award

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

The Karl Malone Power Forward of the Year Award

I didn't even know Karl Malone had an Award like this named after him.

https://pickinsplinters.com/2021/01/...-malone-award/

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: The Karl Malone Power Forward of the Year Award

Jr. is about as powerful as it gets when he plays. . . .
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Jr. is about as powerful as it gets when he plays. . . .
    You better get that pic............the one where Karl Malone has to hand the "Power Forward of the Year " award to JUNIOR!!!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    You better get that pic............the one where Karl Malone has to hand the "Power Forward of the Year " award to JUNIOR!!!
    I'd love too!!

Will Junior pay me for the rights, however?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    I'd love too!!

Will Junior pay me for the rights, however?
    Oooo. You bring up a good point that I hadn't considered.

Now that the players control their own Name, Image & Likeness (NIL), will that have any impact on whether you can take their pictures or not? Is the sports photography business impacted by this ruling at all??

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Oooo. You bring up a good point that I hadn't considered.

Now that the players control their own Name, Image & Likeness (NIL), will that have any impact on whether you can take their pictures or not? Is the sports photography business impacted by this ruling at all??
    My guess is they don't have those rights. Does media companies have to pay to post pictures of Tom Brady during games? Don't those rights belong to the Conference/University?

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    My guess is they don't have those rights. Does media companies have to pay to post pictures of Tom Brady during games? Don't those rights belong to the Conference/University?
    Well, that's just it. To cite your "Tom Brady" example, I'm assuming Tom Brady is UNDER CONTRACT with the Tampa Bay Bucs and the NFL. And I'm guessing his NFL contract includes a clause that covers any pics, images and use of his name and likeness. I'm sure there's a clause saying "any picture or use of your name can be used for the good of and the promotion of the league", etc.... I'm not so sure about college football, because the NCAA doesn't have these players under contract. In fact, the players could be under contract with a business that doesn't want their players likeness and name or image used to promote some other agenda. (For example, Ford may not want "their" player involved with an agenda that conceivably promotes General Motors, etc....)

I telling ya, this is about to get real interesting. And it won't take long until this whole issue runs right past the capabilities of the NCAA, and becomes much more than it can handle.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Well, that's just it. To cite your "Tom Brady" example, I'm assuming Tom Brady is UNDER CONTRACT with the Tampa Bay Bucs and the NFL. And I'm guessing his NFL contract includes a clause that covers any pics, images and use of his name and likeness. I'm sure there's a clause saying "any picture or use of your name can be used for the good of and the promotion of the league", etc.... I'm not so sure about college football, because the NCAA doesn't have these players under contract. In fact, the players could be under contract with a business that doesn't want their players likeness and name or image used to promote some other agenda. (For example, Ford may not want "their" player involved with an agenda that conceivably promotes General Motors, etc....)

I telling ya, this is about to get real interesting. And it won't take long until this whole issue runs right past the capabilities of the NCAA, and becomes much more than it can handle.
    Could this be part of (or added to) the National Letter of Intent?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

How valuable is the individual player's image or likeness without the universities' uniforms, back drop, stadium, stage or crowd?
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread