+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Keyon Henry-Brooks commits to the Dawgs

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Re: Keyon Henry-Brooks commits to the Dawgs

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Yes, we know. Everyone here knows. Because everyone here repeats it.
    Well I bet you didn’t know that Jack Bicknell III was the center at Boston College when Doug Flutie was there. Just a slightly lesser known fact I would imagine🤫.

And maybe Walter Johnson ate glass.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    By my count, here's a list of 7 OL additions to the LA Tech roster. None of these guys were at LA Tech last December. This list includes 4 transfers and 3 incoming Freshmen.

1) Chris Fournier, 6'4, 285, SR, OL, Lehigh - Made 28 career starts at Leigh

2) Kellton Hollins, 6'2, 291, SR, OL, TCU - Played in 23 games in 5 yrs at TCU. He started all 11 games at Center, that he appeared in as a sophomore in 2018
    3) Samuel Williams, 6'7, 322, SR, OL, ULM - Appeared in 33 games for ULM, including 16 career starts at Right Tackle
    4) Kenneth Bannister, 6'6, 290, FR, OL, New Orleans/Edna Karr - Incoming Freshman
    5) Erron Bean, 6'5, 280, FR, OL, Shreveport/Huntington - Incoming Freshman
    6) Carson Bruno, 6'4, 290, FR, OL, Shreveport/Byrd - Incoming Freshman
    7) DeMarcus Gordon, 6'5, 320, JR, OL, Tunica, MS/Copiah-Lincoln CC - Appeared in 10 games. Earned All MACCC South Division

Also, our RB's will be MUCH better in 2021 than last season. The new guys are bigger, stronger and faster than last years class. And they'll be able to help out our OL in pass blocking formation. Last year, our RB's were smaller, and just got "pancaked" almost every time they tried to block on-coming rushers.

Tech only had 3 RB's on the roster last season; Israel Tucker (5'8, 200), Justin Henderson (5'10, 218) and Greg Garner (6'0, 205). Henderson --the expected starter for last season-- showed up badly "out of shape", and only rushed 75 times for 252 yds. This was a terrible performance for Henderson, who had rushed 188 times for 1,062 yds the previous season (2019) and had made the All-CUSA team. In short, Henderson was a "no show" for 2020, and it hurt Tech badly. That left Tucker the bulk of the remaining carries, and he rushed 149 times for 648 yds last season. So, the much smaller Tucker had TWICE as many carries as the supposed more durable Henderson in 2020. The sophomore Garner was only used sparingly in 2020. Not sure why.

This 2020 RB corps was just not enough to meet Tech's needs. Tucker --at 5'8-- is not and was never intended to be an every-down back. But with Henderson' disappearing act in 2020, Tucker had to do it. This contributed heavily to a "bring the house" defensive strategy by our opponents on almost every down. And our OL just couldn't handle it.

Make no mistake, our RB's were a HUGE part of the "OL" problem last year. It was Skip Holtz's fault for letting our RB ranks get so thin. (only 3 RB's, and one badly out of shape?) I think that's why he beefed up the RB class considerably this year.
    GREAT summary! Thanks HD! It looks like decent size to our OL. If they have a little speed with that, we should be in better shape than I thought. Hopefully, the freshmen can contribute quickly. Also, great RB's can make a world of difference. I watched some film of our new QB in high school and in the Liberty Bowl from last year. He needs just a little time, but is great at dropping the ball in the perfect space. I am getting excited about our team now... We shall see what happens. I wonder if Skip believes we should compete against our P5 opponents or are they just money games? That could be a difference maker on where we end up. I truly believe that psychological momentum plays a HUGE part in how we perform the next week each time - so, we can't just dial it in on P5 competition. Not to mention, what it will mean to our national reputation.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Hopefully, the freshmen can contribute quickly.
    Typically not the case for OL.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

GREAT summary! Thanks HD! It looks like decent size to our OL. If they have a little speed with that, we should be in better shape than I thought. Hopefully, the freshmen can contribute quickly. Also, great RB's can make a world of difference. I watched some film of our new QB in high school and in the Liberty Bowl from last year. He needs just a little time, but is great at dropping the ball in the perfect space. I am getting excited about our team now... We shall see what happens. I wonder if Skip believes we should compete against our P5 opponents or are they just money games? That could be a difference maker on where we end up. I truly believe that psychological momentum plays a HUGE part in how we perform the next week each time - so, we can't just dial it in on P5 competition. Not to mention, what it will mean to our national reputation.
    I can tell you this: I've been told by a personal "insider" that Kendall Austin isn't here to ride the pine. He's here to START and PLAY football games. If he has ANY thoughts or dreams about playing at the next level, then he knows he needs a very big year at LA Tech, which would obviously include performing well against the P5's on our schedule. He needs a "Jeff Driskel" kind of year. Also, please remember that unlike most "recruits", Austin gave up a lot to be here. He had a new apartment in Dallas and a very good job with a large pharmaceutical company, and more. He WANTS to be here.

Honestly, Louisiana Tech couldn't ask for a better game changing opportunity than this.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I can tell you this: I've been told by a personal "insider" that Kendall Austin isn't here to ride the pine. He's here to START and PLAY football games. If he has ANY thoughts or dreams about playing at the next level, then he knows he needs a very big year at LA Tech, which would obviously include performing well against the P5's on our schedule. He needs a "Jeff Driskel" kind of year. Also, please remember that unlike most "recruits", Austin gave up a lot to be here. He had a new apartment in Dallas and a very good job with a large pharmaceutical company, and more. He WANTS to be here.

Honestly, Louisiana Tech couldn't ask for a better game changing opportunity than this.
    From your fingers to the eyes of the football gods! Here's to a great season for Austin and the Dawgs!

Big Dog LATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really nice LATECH87's Avatar

Here here 🍻

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I am not worried about Austin. My concern is our game plan with Holtz against P5's. Saying that, Kendall Austin might shape that mindset a lot!!!!! We can have no more "just get to a bowl with a decent record". We need to be playing to win the conference and to be in the top 25. No excuses anymore.... If we can do that, we have a CHANCE to be a good destination for great transfers in the future, which will help with overall recruiting as well.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    For sure!]
    You didn't mention the new OL coach. He's the one with the hype.
    I was impressed by him in the interview I heard with Deitrich. I was especially impressed by what Holtz said when he hired him. "We need to go in a different direction with our OLine..." Ya think?!

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Key-HB would be a catchy, easy to remember nickname for the player though I don't know if it would be accepted

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I was impressed by him in the interview I heard with Deitrich. I was especially impressed by what Holtz said when he hired him. "We need to go in a different direction with our OLine..." Ya think?!
    SO glad he is acknowledging it, at least... Maybe this will be a turning point year... Who knows? We seem to have all the weapons. Game plan is going to be everything.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I am not worried about Austin. My concern is our game plan with Holtz against P5's. Saying that, Kendall Austin might shape that mindset a lot!!!!! We can have no more "just get to a bowl with a decent record". We need to be playing to win the conference and to be in the top 25. No excuses anymore.... If we can do that, we have a CHANCE to be a good destination for great transfers in the future, which will help with overall recruiting as well.
    This. I am not interested in starting the season with a 14-56 loss to a poor MSU team, and while that'd be fine with holtz i suspect Kendall has a higher bar

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    This. I am not interested in starting the season with a 14-56 loss to a poor MSU team, and while that'd be fine with holtz i suspect Kendall has a higher bar
    Even Eeyore has a higher bar than that.

Big Dog BullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the rough BullPupN'46's Avatar

I believe we will have a pretty good idea where our season will be after MSU and the jackasses in the 3rd game.....

Quote Originally Posted by BullPupN'46 View Post
    I believe we will have a pretty good idea where our season will be after MSU and the jackasses in the 3rd game.....
    Yeah, about that......I hope Skip Holtz realizes that SMU Coach (and former LA Tech Coach) Sonny Dykes would love nothing more than passing the football for 600 yds on LA Tech, in Ruston. Sonny WILL run up the score on Tech if given the chance. Tech kinda ran it up on SMU 51-10, in Sonny's first game as SMU's head coach back in the 2017 Frisco Bowl. Skip better not bring a knife to a gun fight.

Yeah, about that......I hope Skip Holtz realizes that SMU Coach (and former LA Tech Coach) Sonny Dykes would love nothing more than passing the football for 600 yds on LA Tech, in Ruston. Sonny WILL run up the score on Tech if given the chance. Tech kinda ran it up on SMU 51-10, in Sonny's first game as SMU's head coach back in the 2017 Frisco Bowl. Skip better not bring a knife to a gun fight.
    Exactly! We all know Dykes remembers that and is going to use it in the locker room. I think SMU will be about like we were with Sonny - high flying offense...

+ Reply to Thread