Closed Thread

Thread: Talkin' tech with Teddy: Kenneth Lofton, Jr.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Talkin' tech with Teddy: Kenneth Lofton, Jr.

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

On this edition of Talkin' Tech with Teddy, Teddy Allen sits down with Louisiana Tech men's basketball star and gold medalist Kenneth Lofton, Jr.

More...

Discuss it here.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Talkin' tech with Teddy: Kenneth Lofton, Jr.

Good stuff. I'm already excited about basketball for 23021-22.

By the way, we learned last night from Coach Konkol at the "Bulldog Blitz" that CUSA will not play back to back games on consecutive days in conference games this coming season, the way they did this past COVID season. Instead, CUSA will continue to play in Divisions --with a handful of crossover games-- and everyone will play each of their Division opponents both at home and away this coming season. I believe that's the way it was done back in 2018 and 2019.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

One of the interesting tidbits that came out of Teddy's interview (above) was the fact that JUNIOR played GUARD in high school, on a state championship team. How many 6'7, 275 lb guards have you seen in High School basketball??

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    One of the interesting tidbits that came out of Teddy's interview (above) was the fact that JUNIOR played GUARD in high school, on a state championship team. How many 6'7, 275 lb guards have you seen in High School basketball??
    They talked about that during one of the games last year. He grew later, so he was a point guard and then grew out of the position. It has really benefitted him with ball handling. It should be a great year for him and hopefully the team.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

All I can say is that it's a JOY to watch him play the game - especially in person...

He is a very special player and seems to be a great kid

Just a unique talent all around
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    So I was thinking - how big were the forwards and center on Junior's HS team if he played guard?

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

One impression I took away from the podcast is Junior seems to be happy at Tech and committed to getting things done here. The people who need to know about him and his skills do and I think he'll get quite a bit of exposure and press even though he is not playing for a Power 5 school.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    So I was thinking - how big were the forwards and center on Junior's HS team if he played guard?
    He was like 6’6 240 his senior year, so I’m sure he would bring it up court and post up quite frequently (think Ben Simmons)

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

His first game I saw, they passed the ball to him, he pivoted to the goal and Junior scored!
    What.A.Drive.To.The.Post.

Quick feet. Determination. Moves.

Our player of the future.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

The Morning Drive mentioned last week that they were trying to get Junior on for an interview, but Tech peeps told them that Junior was not an early riser and it probably would not happen. Looks like tape delay for the morning show guys.

It immediately reminded me that our former WBB coach who our AD had such a crush on, just slept in and forgot several times. Not much later, we found out why he was "sleeping in".

Closed Thread