+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Interesting video about Tech in 2012

  1. #1
    Varsity Bulldog jharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the rough
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    352

    Conf Cusa Interesting video about Tech in 2012

    This video gives Tech's team a lot of credit and discusses our declining the Indy Bowl in 2012. (I didn't make this video despite the common Harris name.)


  2. #2
    Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    56,299

    Re: Interesting video about Tech in 2012

    We didn't decline the Indy Bowl. We asked them for 24 hours. They had much more than 24 hours to give us and they, at least, owed that to us.
    HCSH cumulative point differential by quarter:

    231 522 654 -54

  3. #3
    Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,217

    Re: Interesting video about Tech in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    We didn't decline the Indy Bowl. We asked them for 24 hours. They had much more than 24 hours to give us and they, at least, owed that to us.
    Yeah this is the main part of the story that is often overlooked, ignored or just not known by people. They think we declined the bowl because we didn't want to play ULM. The Independence Bowl decided not to wait and then proceeded to have a boring one-sided game in front of a disappointing crowd. It was a lose-lose situation that could have been avoided if they had just waited.

  4. #4
    Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future Lotsudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    1,687

    Re: Interesting video about Tech in 2012

    Thank you Missy Setter, et al at the Indy Foundation!

  5. #5
    Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    McKinney, TX & Franklin, TN
    Posts
    36,286

    Re: Interesting video about Tech in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by jharris View Post
    This video gives Tech's team a lot of credit and discusses our declining the Indy Bowl in 2012. (I didn't make this video despite the common Harris name.)

    Pretty fair analysis. The biggest exception missing from this story is the fact that Tech was only asking for 24 hours to let some other games play out. The Indy Bowl was under no pressure to have a commitment from Tech that Friday, especially since a lot of games were still to be played the following Saturday. The eventual invitee --an Ohio team who had lost 4 of its' last 5 games-- wasn't going anywhere. No one else was inviting Ohio to a bowl. Why the rush? Furthermore, literally no one in the Indy Bowl's orbit --including football fans in north Louisiana, players from ULM, etc..-- wanted to see Ohio play in the north Louisiana based bowl instead of LA Tech, except for maybe the embittered Indy Bowl committee who was apparently pissed that Tech had asked for 24 hours. The net result was that the Indy Bowl game sucked terribly that year, and attendance was horrible.

    The Indy Bowl Committee made three (3) mistakes:

    1) Inviting Ohio, a team who had lost 4 of its' last 5 games, was absurd. The team had no fan base in north Louisiana, and no national appeal whatsoever.

    2) Inviting an 8-4 ULM was absurd too, if they expected to get LA Tech. As residents of north Louisiana, the Indy Bowl Committee members knew that a 9-3 LA Tech wanted to play someone more renowned and respected than ULM. And the Tech players and fans deserved it. After all, this was #1 offensive team in the nation.

    3) Not giving LA Tech the 24 hours it asked for was simply arrogance on steroids. Had the Indy Bowl Committee been patient and let the games play out, it could have easily ended up with a LA Tech-ULM matchup after all. Instead, the Indy Bowl let its' arrogance take over and ended up with the two (2) worst bowl teams nobody wanted to see play. The final result was the 2012 Indy Bowl game was an abysmal failure. It's just one more example from a long list of mistakes that has haunted the Indy Bowl and kept it on the brink of bankruptcy for many years.

  6. #6
    Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    7,305

    Re: Interesting video about Tech in 2012

    What an incredible season. I will never forget the excitement I felt watching every single game. I don't guess we'll ever have that magic back.

  7. #7
    Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    19,162

    Re: Interesting video about Tech in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Pretty fair analysis. The biggest exception missing from this story is the fact that Tech was only asking for 24 hours to let some other games play out. The Indy Bowl was under no pressure to have a commitment from Tech that Friday, especially since a lot of games were still to be played the following Saturday. The eventual invitee --an Ohio team who had lost 4 of its' last 5 games-- wasn't going anywhere. No one else was inviting Ohio to a bowl. Why the rush? Furthermore, literally no one in the Indy Bowl's orbit --including football fans in north Louisiana, players from ULM, etc..-- wanted to see Ohio play in the north Louisiana based bowl instead of LA Tech, except for maybe the embittered Indy Bowl committee who was apparently pissed that Tech had asked for 24 hours. The net result was that the Indy Bowl game sucked terribly that year, and attendance was horrible.

    The Indy Bowl Committee made three (3) mistakes:

    1) Inviting Ohio, a team who had lost 4 of its' last 5 games, was absurd. The team had no fan base in north Louisiana, and no national appeal whatsoever.

    2) Inviting an 8-4 ULM was absurd too, if they expected to get LA Tech. As residents of north Louisiana, the Indy Bowl Committee members knew that a 9-3 LA Tech wanted to play someone more renowned and respected than ULM. And the Tech players and fans deserved it. After all, this was #1 offensive team in the nation.

    3) Not giving LA Tech the 24 hours it asked for was simply arrogance on steroids. Had the Indy Bowl Committee been patient and let the games play out, it could have easily ended up with a LA Tech-ULM matchup after all. Instead, the Indy Bowl let its' arrogance take over and ended up with the two (2) worst bowl teams nobody wanted to see play. The final result was the 2012 Indy Bowl game was an abysmal failure. It's just one more example from a long list of mistakes that has haunted the Indy Bowl and kept it on the brink of bankruptcy for many years.

    Ohio went to pound-town on ULM, 45-14.

  8. #8
    Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future Lotsudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    1,687

    Re: Interesting video about Tech in 2012

    Again...Indy Bowl is NOT Tech friendly!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts