+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Power Wash

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Power Wash

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    No way. VP/AD Dr. Wood is the man. He just shows up, mens basketball team best season in over 30 years. Baseball team best season ever! Now The Joe is clean.
    FYI my comments gave no slight to the current AD. Best since Precious!

"when an AD, like Dooley" is a MO I appreciate, however.

If an administrator has an eye, more power to him. To change things just to add to a resume? Don't let the door hit your bee-hind.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    FYI my comments gave no slight to the current AD. Best since Precious!

"when an AD, like Dooley" is a MO I appreciate, however.

If an administrator has an eye, more power to him. To change things just to add to a resume? Don't let the door hit your bee-hind.

Oh boy....this is probably NOT going to be a popular sentiment, BUT...........

Somewhere along the line, we have to assign credit --or at least tip our hat-- to the much lambasted "T-MAC" --former Tech AD Tommy McClelland-- for many of these "plant upgrades" and improvements to our athletic facilities. Dr Wood appears to be a good AD, with a lot of promise. But let's face it, Wood came on board just in time to cut the ribbons for our new baseball stadium, the new soccer stadium, the new softball stadium, the new floor upgrades to the TAC, the recently recovered parking lot to the Joe, etc..... Furthermore, IIRC, the new Press Box project and other upgrades at the Joe belonged to T-Mac, too.

Yes, I know many of these "upgrades" were forced upon us by the tornado of 2018. But the fact remains that T-MAC got it done. He jumped in to it aggressively and got it all done on time. I still have a hard time forgiving him for hiring former 23-yr old Lady Techster coach Tyler Summit, but that's a different discussion for a different day.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Oh boy....this is probably NOT going to be a popular sentiment, BUT...........

Somewhere along the line, we have to assign credit --or at least tip our hat-- to the much lambasted "T-MAC" --former Tech AD Tommy McClelland-- for many of these "plant upgrades" and improvements to our athletic facilities. Dr Wood appears to be a good AD, with a lot of promise. But let's face it, Wood came on board just in time to cut the ribbons for our new baseball stadium, the new soccer stadium, the new softball stadium, the new floor upgrades to the TAC, the recently recovered parking lot to the Joe, etc..... Furthermore, IIRC, the new Press Box project and other upgrades at the Joe belonged to T-Mac, too.

Yes, I know many of these "upgrades" were forced upon us by the tornado of 2018. But the fact remains that T-MAC got it done. He jumped in to it aggressively and got it all done on time. I still have a hard time forgiving him for hiring former 23-yr old Lady Techster coach Tyler Summit, but that's a different discussion for a different day.
    Mikey, bless yours and Tommy's hearts.
    I'll leave it at that.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Mikey, bless yours and Tommy's hearts.
    I'll leave it at that.
    No need to be a smarty pants. I'm simply pointing out something no one else has; that nice cushy press box you work in every Saturday in the fall is the product of T-Mac's administration.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

. Furthermore, IIRC, the new Press Box project and other upgrades at the Joe belonged to T-Mac, too.
    The SEZ project was a done deal when McClelland took over. Money in place. The best think McLelland did was to get out of the way by putting Adam McGuirt in charge of both projects.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    The SEZ project was a done deal when McClelland took over. Money in place. The best think McLelland did was to get out of the way by putting Adam McGuirt in charge of both projects.
    Yes, lots of credit goes to Adam. I would be happy to see him rise to be AD one day.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post

I agree that the SEZ Project was already teed up for success by the time McClelland was hired. I guess you can thank Bruce Van De Velde for that one. But, just so we're clear about the timeline of these projects:

March 4, 2010 - Van De Velde Named Louisiana Tech Athletic Director
    https://latechsports.com/news/2010/3..._Director.aspx

July 16, 2013 - Louisiana Tech hires Tommy McClelland
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2013/07/16/lo...mmy-mcclelland

Oct 29, 2013 - LA Tech unveils the SEZ Project
    https://www.ksla.com/story/23812716/...-zone-project/

April 12, 2014 - Ground Broken on SEZ Project
    https://latechsports.com/news/2014/4..._Facility.aspx

August 9, 2016 - Tech Unveils Plans for New Suites, Press Box
    https://www.shreveporttimes.com/stor...-box/88474436/

July 26, 2017 - First Look Inside Tech's New Press Box. Executive Suites
    https://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sp...tes/513613001/

So, the Press box project --which was introduced 3 yrs and 1month after T-Mac was hired-- certainly belonged to T-Mac.

No need to be a smarty pants. I'm simply pointing out something no one else has; that nice cushy press box you work in every Saturday in the fall is the product of T-Mac's administration.
    The reason I have to be snarky with you Mikey is you must've forgotten . . . I don't WORK IN THE PRESSBOX going on 49 years now.

Tommy had his attributes. Yes. Thank you, Tommy. He's gone. No need to pile on.

And thank you, to Dr. Guice's triumvirate of Adam McGuirt, Lincoln Builders and TBA Studios. The only group I know of who can complete major quality projects at warp speed.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting chatter last night on the first "Inside Bulldog Football" show at the Dawg House, re: Indoor Practice Facility question. Dr Wood said that a master athletics plan was coming out soon that includes a new "Athletic Village" (whatever that means, but my impression was that it was going to be impressive...at least by G5 standards) and that it would include more STUFF for kids to oo-and-ahhh over when they visit. When the question came up, Dr Wood was asked a follow up of "timeline" and he said, we could start next week if we had the money..."so all you donors out there..." But seemed to think 5-10 years was a good target #welp

It will be interesting to see what all is included in this 'Village'.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Here is last night's show.

Inside Bulldog Football 8/30/2021 (.mp3)

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Interesting chatter last night on the first "Inside Bulldog Football" show at the Dawg House, re: Indoor Practice Facility question. Dr Wood said that a master athletics plan was coming out soon that includes a new "Athletic Village" (whatever that means, but my impression was that it was going to be impressive...at least by G5 standards) and that it would include more STUFF for kids to oo-and-ahhh over when they visit. When the question came up, Dr Wood was asked a follow up of "timeline" and he said, we could start next week if we had the money..."so all you donors out there..." But seemed to think 5-10 years was a good target #welp

It will be interesting to see what all is included in this 'Village'.
    What's the expected return on investment?

For every $1MM of capital investment, how many additional wins per year can Tech reasonably expect?

And then what are the opportunity costs? Could the same $1MM realize more wins if it were invested instead in Coach salaries, cost of attendance stipends, library books, free beer, etc?

Are we really basing our capital investment decisions solely on the anecdotal "oo-and-ahh" response of perhaps a few dozen teenage boys? Or is their any additional research to corroborate that such investment will actually result in more winning?

I'll wait ....

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    I'll wait ....
    I just did a quick scan here: https://athleticdirectoru.com/articl...er-recruiting/

They find little evidence that improved facilities improve recruiting...of course, they didn't address the effect of being the only school without new facilities (at least not at my cursory glance).

I wonder if an argument could be made that capital projects COULD be an opportunity to gather new donors for the programs who stick around once the project is complete.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Have they explored the effect of pumping that money into a baseball program on the rise instead of essentially burying it in the back yard(football)?

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    What's the expected return on investment?

For every $1MM of capital investment, how many additional wins per year can Tech reasonably expect?

And then what are the opportunity costs? Could the same $1MM realize more wins if it were invested instead in Coach salaries, cost of attendance stipends, library books, free beer, etc?

Are we really basing our capital investment decisions solely on the anecdotal "oo-and-ahh" response of perhaps a few dozen teenage boys? Or is their any additional research to corroborate that such investment will actually result in more winning?

I'll wait ....
    The "oo-an-ahhh" remark was MINE, not their's. MY opinion only. What 18-year-old High School football player considers ROI on anything? I'll wait.

Of course, those of us who contribute and support expect to see that return, in whatever criteria you wish to measure...just as you said.

From Les Guice Facebook

+ Reply to Thread