+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Vax Card or Negative Test for Entry to Joe Aillet

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Vax Card or Negative Test for Entry to Joe Aillet

But you are forgetting that 50 percent of the adults in Louisiana have some other risk factor - high blood pressure, obesity, diabetes. Having a pre-existing risk factor isn’t exactly uncommon.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Treated HBP is not a risk factor unless accompanied by one or more of the other factors. That knocks your statistical lie down a bunch.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Treated HBP is not a risk factor unless accompanied by one or more of the other factors. That knocks your statistical lie down a bunch.
    According to who?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    But you are forgetting that 50 percent of the adults in Louisiana have some other risk factor - high blood pressure, obesity, diabetes. Having a pre-existing risk factor isn’t exactly uncommon.
    True, and such stats are represented in Natchitoches too.

I am vaxxed, I wear a mask into Walmart and other places because they ask that you do, and it's not worth an argument at the door with some employee just doing their job. I am not anti-precautions! But, as in all things, I want to know the REAL TRUTH. Is the China Virus as threatening, i.e. as deadly, as the public has been led to believe? From the numbers it appears the danger has been exaggerated.

It's the same as the whole "climate change" scare. The computer models...and no I don't have actual numbers in front of me...would make projections something like: given the inputs provided there is a 0.01% chance that man-made pollution could impact the Earth's environment in oh, about 50 years or so! Those invested in the "we need social change now!" knew that the real projections wouldn't motivate anyone to change their ways, given human nature. So, they conveniently altered or simply failed to provide the real results from their own computer model projections. Former ABC news guy Sam Donaldson admitted as much after he had retired. He said ABC, and other lamestream media, decided that some change was good and needed and so they took it upon themselves to report false or incomplete "news." We were doing it for the good of America and the world, Donaldson said.

Excuse me if I think we are seeing the same kind of thing re: the dangers of the China Virus.

According to who?
    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41371-020-00451-x

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

According to who?
    Did you actually read all of it?

examining over 17 million health records in England suggests that hypertension or a recorded blood pressure ≥140/90 mmHg taken together are not associated with COVID-19 in-hospital mortality after full adjustment:

Again with you people, common sense is out the door...

HBP is normal for people over 50. Untreated it can be deadly. Treated it is not threatening, but the China Virus fans would rather lump it in as one of the high risk factors which it is not by itself if treated.

Did you actually read all of it?

examining over 17 million health records in England suggests that hypertension or a recorded blood pressure ≥140/90 mmHg taken together are not associated with COVID-19 in-hospital mortality after full adjustment:
    I did read all of it. You apparently didn’t. This is a study of studies and looks at the reported evidence. One of which you pointed out. Btw, if your blood pressure is treated, it is less likely to be reported as high, right? If you correlate that fact to what you reported, then that would tend to show that your actual blood pressure isn’t the issue. We know the ACE2 receptor is responsible for modulating blood pressure and that is the same receptor that is the pathway for SARS-Cov-2 binding. Thus, it would make sense if there was a correlation of the dysfunction of ACE2 expression and correlated worse outcomes. Of course, high blood pressure itself correlates to other confounders - age and health (in general), so that is a competing theory.

It is important to recognise that, to date, no randomised trial evidence exists to demonstrate either benefits or risks of continuing ACE inhibitors or ARBs on the incidence or outcomes of COVID-19.

I did read all of it. You apparently didn’t. This is a study of studies and looks at the reported evidence. One of which you pointed out. Btw, if your blood pressure is treated, it is less likely to be reported as high, right? If you correlate that fact to what you reported, then that would tend to show that your actual blood pressure isn’t the issue. We know the ACE2 receptor is responsible for modulating blood pressure and that is the same receptor that is the pathway for SARS-Cov-2 binding. Thus, it would make sense if there was a correlation of the dysfunction of ACE2 expression and correlated worse outcomes. Of course, high blood pressure itself correlates to other confounders - age and health (in general), so that is a competing theory.
    Wow! You are amazing.

This started by you making the random statement about 50% Louisiana citizens having "risk factors". You listed HBP as one of those factors. My point was that it is not a factor if it is the only "risk factor" and treated.

Example: I have high blood pressure. Just because it is treated with meds and exercise does not mean I don't have HBP. I may be counted in that 50%, but I'm not "in danger" because my HBP is treated. So your 50% number is bogus.

Wow! You are amazing.

This started by you making the random statement about 50% Louisiana citizens having "risk factors". You listed HBP as one of those factors. My point was that it is not a factor if it is the only "risk factor" and treated.

Example: I have high blood pressure. Just because it is treated with meds and exercise does not mean I don't have HBP. I may be counted in that 50%, but I'm not "in danger" because my HBP is treated. So your 50% number is bogus.
    I was imprecise. You are right. Cardiovascular disease, including those that cause HBP, is the risk factor.

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Latest, and revised, numbers now "that as much politics and concern for public sentiment have been removed..." Wow! an attempt at publishing the real numbers. How refreshing! I pulled the numbers for just Natchitoches Parish since I am privy to data not released to the public and have a source to compare to.

Natchitoches Parish is a good test case for Louisiana since we have a cross section of a population/culture/lifestyle and a VERY diverse demographic. Natchitoches is one of three "creole" communities in the state, and the oldest too. In every way possible, Natchitoches Parish represents Louisiana as a whole.

Total population (2020 census) = 37,515
    Total COVID-related deaths = 108 (since inception)
    Total COVID deaths WITHOUT pre-existing condition(s) = 5
    Current UNVAXED population is 61.5% = 23,072
    Current positivity rate is 11.82% of total population = 4,434

If we assume the whole 11.82% comes from the unvaxxed, that's 4,434/23072 = 19%
    108 deaths out 37,515 = .00288% (108/37515 = .00288 ===>.288%)
    5 deaths (no other conditions) for the parish = .00013% (5/37515 = .00013 ====> .013%)

I wouldn't want to be, or have someone I care about, be one of the 108 or one of the 5. But....

I have posted over the duration of this pandemic my observations of local behavior and attitudes and adherence to mandates, etc...Natchitoches has been one of the MOST violating parishes in the state from the get-go. The State was tracking compliance but their website has changed and I didn't see those numbers posted like they were last year. Natchitoches has a "night life" with bars open a good portion of the time, many festivals (yes some have been cancelled recently...others have not), a general culture of social gatherings.

IF we are to look at Natchitoches as a test case, as a scientific observation, and extrapolate from that chances of any American being adversely affected by the China Virus, I would have to conclude your chances are fairly remote. Especially!!! if you and your closest circle of people take more precautions and don't engage in "reckless" behavior!

FWIW
    5 deaths unrelated to other conditions

Oh shoot! forgot to mention that Natchitoches is a tourist destination, we get visitors from all over the country and the world. Yes, of course, that has slowed a bunch since travel restrictions have been implemented, but it has not ceased. We are still getting a steady flow of tourists...numbers are down, yes....but we are still exposed to travelers and what they might be carrying with them. So again, as a test case Natchitoches is very representative.

Your numbers are a little off. See bolded.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LABulldog View Post
    Your numbers are a little off. See bolded.
    Oh chit! You're right, I failed to convert the decimal to %. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread