+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast

Thread: 9/4 @ Miss State Game

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Re: 9/4 @ Miss State Game

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I went back and watched the game in slow motion on our first two scoring plays, and it’s evident that Austin made both of those plays happen. On the first play, it was a called bubble screen, but he looks at the safety before the snap and sees that he is way out of position. He makes a subtle fake to the bubble that completely freezes the corner, safety can’t make it there in time, beautiful pass right on the money for a long score.
    The second score was also a very good read by Austin. It’s a zone read run, and both safeties for whatever reason come down on the right side of the line, and the DE crashes inside. He pulls the ball out and takes off untouched for a long running TD. If that was last year, that’s probably a handoff for a loss. THAT is the difference in a good QB and an average one.
    Too bad he didn’t audible out of Holtz’s gutless runs to set up a his long shot FG attempt. Maybe now that he’s seen the choker in charge in action, he’ll know better next time. The real shame is that there most definitely will be a next time. Chances are pretty good that it’ll be this weekend.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    Too bad he didn’t audible out of Holtz’s gutless runs to set up a his long shot FG attempt. Maybe now that he’s seen the choker in charge in action, he’ll know better next time. The real shame is that there most definitely will be a next time. Chances are pretty good that it’ll be this weekend.
    Even if he was successful, AK would be benched in favor of Allen if he does that.

Big Dog BullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the rough BullPupN'46's Avatar

How many of you saw "Smoke Harris'" mouth piece? "STARS & STRIPES"

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

BTW, whoever drew the names on the back of the jerseys with magic marker did a great job

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

It’s no wonder Holtz just cruises along after his horrid late game coaching blunders, no one in the media says anything to him about it or calls him out about his mistakes. Every sports program I’ve watched or listened to this week side steps the issues of Holtz’s coaching. A good many of them spoke about their disappointment in the outcome of the game just like us, but where they have a forum to speak up to Holtz about it, they didn’t. Go figure...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

It’s no wonder Holtz just cruises along after his horrid late game coaching blunders, no one in the media says anything to him about it or calls him out about his mistakes. Every sports program I’ve watched or listened to this week side steps the issues of Holtz’s coaching. A good many of them spoke about their disappointment in the outcome of the game just like us, but where they have a forum to speak up to Holtz about it, they didn’t. Go figure...
    He has been to 8 straight bowls. That’s all he’s got and 40 year fans are supposed to accept it as “compete”. Attendance And ticket sales continue to suck. Who is in charge?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Sports Journalism is dead in Louisiana.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    He has been to 8 straight bowls. That’s all he’s got and 40 year fans are supposed to accept it as “compete”. Attendance And ticket sales continue to suck. Who is in charge?
    Problem is we still have far too many fans who consider Tech Athletics nothing more than a social gathering. We have sat in the same seats since around 1995. We have sat near mostly the same people that whole time. A large portion of them stay long enough to see the band play at halftime and they make their way for the exit as we take the field in the 3rd. I enjoy seeing my friends at the games, but that should never be the primary reason any of us go.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    …but that should never be the primary reason any of us go.
    Well, I’m interested. What is the primary reason “we” should go?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Well, I’m interested. What is the primary reason “we” should go?
    I guess I should have said IMO. I don’t see the point in going if I don’t enjoy the thing I bought tickets to see.

To me, leaving early EVERY game is like paying for the movie ticket and leaving after the previews. Order a steak dinner, ask for the check, and leave after the salad.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I guess I should have said IMO. I don’t see the point in going if I don’t enjoy the thing I bought tickets to see.
    I agree with you, but I think enjoyment is often a matter of perspective.

And if we had 27K who wanted to come socialize, I’d be good with that.

You know, I think I’ll reverse course a little. People can spend their money how they want and if that means they leave at the end of the National Anthem then that’s their business. I don’t get it and my main point was that we have way too many people who absolutely do not show any sign of concern about the product on the field. We could go 0-12 and they would still be there to chit chat, watch the band and go home. I’m not built that way.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I agree with you, but I think enjoyment is often a matter of perspective.

And if we had 27K who wanted to come socialize, I’d be good with that.
    I wouldn’t complain either. That’s why I reversed course on my previous statement. To me, it’s wasting money. To someone else, maybe not.

You know, I think I’ll reverse course a little. People can spend their money how they want and if that means they leave at the end of the National Anthem then that’s their business. I don’t get it and my main point was that we have way too many people who absolutely do not show any sign of concern about the product on the field. We could go 0-12 and they would still be there to chit chat, watch the band and go home. I’m not built that way.
    Ha! Nothing wrong with a rock steady customer base.

I wasn’t around for the glory years back when HD was still a young man. We’ve won more with Holtz than we did with the three coaches that preceded him. And…Dooley ball was far more boring.

I understand wanting more, but it’s not like we’re ULM. Plus, we’ve got a QB now. I think we’ll have some exciting O this year.

+ Reply to Thread