+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost the game when Holtz elected to kick the FG on the 2

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

Lost the game when Holtz elected to kick the FG on the 2

Playing for field goals costs us again.

Will Holtz ever learn?

This mediocre coach has to go.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Lost the game when Holtz elected to kick the FG on the 2

He will never learn

His apologists will never learn

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

These kids deserve so much better.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Not apologizing, but I thought it was the right decision at the time. The main problem was 4th quarter execution. Right plays, but dropped passes or overthrown. I never thought Barnes would miss the kick at the end. Was it blocked or just bad kick?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Not apologizing, but I thought it was the right decision at the time. The main problem was 4th quarter execution. Right plays, but dropped passes or overthrown. I never thought Barnes would miss the kick at the end. Was it blocked or just bad kick?
    I thought I saw a finger on it but at that point I was mostly tuned out. I knew how it was going to end, barring some bonus Tech move like an 87 yard fumble.

I agree though. At the time it was a fine decision. We were in the drivers seat until Holtz saw the scoreboard.

Varsity Bulldog Dawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the rough

Totally agree. Good move to kick FG on the 2 and go up by 10. I think wrong move came after the converting the 4th down late in the game and waste 3 straight running plays for minimal gain. It was not a chip shot field goal. We still had time to gain another 10-15 yards. Poor play calling at that point. Sick about it!!

Puppy Dawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the rough

That game was the perfect metaphor of Holtz's career. Kansas, Kansas St., South Carolina, Arkansas, and now this game are almost completely the same. Just terrible play calling. Why pass it on every down when you have a decent lead in the 4th?

Varsity Bulldog kfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the rough

Up by 20 in the fourth quarter. Holtz need to be fired tomorrow! Yet another P5 game he could have won but he pissed it away.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

I tend to think that in all the games Holtz has lost that Tech had a chance to win if he’d let his best players decide what to do in those game deciding situations based on their skills, desires and youth, we’d have won more of them.

I’m not sure what psychosis Holtz has that keeps him from playing to win but whatever it is it’s a real thing.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kfj View Post
    Up by 20 in the fourth quarter. Holtz need to be fired tomorrow! Yet another P5 game he could have won but he pissed it away.
    I'm dead serious when I say I agree. Holtz should be fired tomorrow. I've had enough of the disappointments. If the Louisiana Tech AD's "Chief of Staff" fired Holtz on the tarmac (afterall, we can't disturb the AD), it would be easily deserved and justified.

As my grandmother used to say, "I don't care how pretty the players are, I just want to know if they can win". That's kinda where we are now. We've got pretty players, but they aren't winning due to poor coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I'm dead serious when I say I agree. Holtz should be fired tomorrow. I've had enough of the disappointments. If the Louisiana Tech AD's "Chief of Staff" fired Holtz on the tarmac, it would be easily deserved and justified.

As my grandmother used to say, "I don't care how pretty the players are, I just want to know if they can win". That's kinda where we are now. We've got pretty players, but they aren't winning due to poor coaching.
    We know everything we need to know.

What new information would another season give us?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    We know everything we need to know.

What new information would another season give us?
    Exactly. We know what we get with Holtz, and either you like the results, or you don't. I don't. I think a new coach could do equally as well and perhaps much better.

Big Dog Slackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the rough

From this day forward he is Coach Skip Klein (Coach Klein) to me. So so sick of him playing the scared game. Way-to-go AGAIN, Coach Klein.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/a8bdd32...d-c55caa077c1d

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    I tend to think that in all the games Holtz has lost that Tech had a chance to win if he’d let his best players decide what to do in those game deciding situations based on their skills, desires and youth, we’d have won more of them.

I’m not sure what psychosis Holtz has that keeps him from playing to win but whatever it is it’s a real thing.

We did not lose for lack of talent on the field, position coaches, OC, DC. We lost because there is some aversion to winning in Holtz’s head. Either he is truly deficient or he thinks he doesn’t deserve it. Well, those kids deserve to win.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Holtz biggest weakness as a coach is he can not or will not change his tactics. How did you get 34 points? Not by playing scared. Why in the world does he insist on every time we get a lead on a P5 going into ultra conservative play calling, both offensively and defensively? Whenever we picked up that 4th and long with over a minute to go, the momentum swung big time in our favor. I nearly jumped through the ceiling, I can’t imagine what a bunch of 20 something year old testosterone overloaded men were feeling. Everyone knew except him. Why try and run the ball straight up the middle 3 times for a chance at an almost 50 yard FG? He literally held all the cards at that moment.

+ Reply to Thread