+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Skip Holtz Specials at Tech, A History of Tech 4th Quarter Comebacks and Collapses

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Skip Holtz Specials at Tech, A History of Tech 4th Quarter Comebacks and Collapse

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    So, you are not going to tell us if you "pick sixed" it or not?
    Okay...fine.

Score was tied 14-14, it was fairly late in the game, maybe 4 mins left or so. I got tired of watching them complete that swing pass so I stepped into the passing lane. Intercepted the ball around our 40. I was sailing down the sideline when I stepped in a hole around the 15 or so, the football field was laid out across two baseball diamonds and a quickly filled hole had washed out. I stumbled but caught my balance and was getting going again when some beast jumped on my back. It was the opposing QB who used my stumble to catch up to me. We went down at the 1 yard line.

Next play we ran up the middle for an apparent TD, but one of our OL was called for illegal procedure. So, we were back at the 6. Two plays later one of our RBs, Douglas H., fumbles and they recovered at their one yard line. About a minute left and it looked like we were heading into OT...it was a playoff game. Only, they ran a flea-flicker, yes, a frickin flea-flicker from their own end zone. When the ball was tossed back to their QB I had one chance, so I made a beeline for him and clobbered him just AFTER he had released the ball. We went down in a heap and I watched the ball sailing like a punt, about 35-40 yards down field. And there waiting for it, ALL BY HIMSELF, was their WR. Not one of our DBs within 20 yards of him. Yes...a 99-yard scoring play off a flea flicker.

We lost 20-14 on what was essentially the last play of the game. To make matters worst, that team went on to win the parish championship winning the title game something like 42-0. That coulda been/shoulda been us.

Talk about the ones "that got away." I can tell you, you never forget 'em. They haunt you forever! Now, ya happy? Made me relive that nightmare.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Skip Holtz Specials at Tech, A History of Tech 4th Quarter Comebacks and Collapse

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Okay...fine.

Score was tied 14-14, it was fairly late in the game, maybe 4 mins left or so. I got tired of watching them complete that swing pass so I stepped into the passing lane. Intercepted the ball around our 40. I was sailing down the sideline when I stepped in a hole around the 15 or so, the football field was laid out across two baseball diamonds and a quickly filled hole had washed out. I stumbled but caught my balance and was getting going again when some beast jumped on my back. It was the opposing QB who used my stumble to catch up to me. We went down at the 1 yard line.

Next play we ran up the middle for an apparent TD, but one of our OL was called for illegal procedure. So, we were back at the 6. Two plays later one of our RBs, Douglas H., fumbles and they recovered at their one yard line. About a minute left and it looked like we were heading into OT...it was a playoff game. Only, they ran a flea-flicker, yes, a frickin flea-flicker from their own end zone. When the ball was tossed back to their QB I had one chance, so I made a beeline for him and clobbered him just AFTER he had released the ball. We went down in a heap and I watched the ball sailing like a punt, about 35-40 yards down field. And there waiting for it, ALL BY HIMSELF, was their WR. Not one of our DBs within 20 yards of him. Yes...a 99-yard scoring play off a flea flicker.

We lost 20-14 on what was essentially the last play of the game. To make matters worst, that team went on to win the parish championship winning the title game something like 42-0. That coulda been/shoulda been us.

Talk about the ones "that got away." I can tell you, you never forget 'em. They haunt you forever! Now, ya happy? Made me relive that nightmare.
    Thanks for sharing. It's a great story, and a good life lesson that things don't always go our way.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Top post updated again.

Also saw the stat where in the last two seasons, Texas "leads" FBS with 5 losses after having a 4th quarter lead. Tech is right there with 4 losses after having a 4th quarter lead.
    Last edited by FriscoDawg; 10-30-2021 at 10:02 PM.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Top post updated with ECU record.

Skippy was on the good side of 9 of the 14 specials at ECU in 65 games coached.
    Since then Skippy has been on the good side of just 8 of the 30 specials at USF and Tech in 150 games coached.

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

That's a usual BS opinion from Leach.

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Yeah but it is Leach

The final Tech chapter has been added to the top post.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    One for the road!

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

The Holtz era couldn’t have ended with a more fitting final act than one more Skip Special as he skips town.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Exhibit 435 your honor. We feel this is more than enough proof to convict the accused of the crime of being sub mediocre.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

To me this was Holtz biggest weakness, late game strategy.

If we had any media worth their salt THIS would be a great analysis to write.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    FriscoDawg,

Could you open up your private messages? I've got a budget question for you.

A few of us are trying to figure something out.

Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    FriscoDawg,

Could you open up your private messages? I've got a budget question for you.

A few of us are trying to figure something out.

Thx.
    Message me again. I don't see it.

ETA, my PMs were turned off except from admins. They are on now.

+ Reply to Thread