+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: 9/18 SMU Game

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: 9/18 SMU Game

I'm amazed at the lack of comments regarding our left tackle. Normally, it would just be the SOS with Skip's horrible OLine, but he has gone out of his way all year to brag about the OLine and the depth, and it had been better, yet he never subbed at left tackle. He finally changed the scheme and sent help in, but that move took away one of our receivers.

I know some of you will just blame the defense because it's the easy out, but our QB was under presser all day from the back side.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

But we have Guge! I agree with you.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Dr Wood says Tech defenders would've knocked down that final pass if only they'd had an indoor practice barn.

It's the fans' fault! Donate today!
    I just read in the Dallas Morning News that the Hail Mary is practiced every day at SMU. The "tipped" ball was designed. They practice batting the ball volleyball style away from the masses to an outlying player. That's exactly what they did and it worked.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    I just read in the Dallas Morning News that the Hail Mary is practiced every day at SMU. The "tipped" ball was designed. They practice batting the ball volleyball style away from the masses to an outlying player. That's exactly what they did and it worked.
    It was obvious. I saw the play developing and knew it was planned that way. But, of course! why wouldn't real coaches design and then practice a play? SMU could run that play 20 times and it might work oh, 2 or 3 times at best, but at least they gave themselves a chance.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    It was a creative , brilliant play by SMU. Next level. Our guys had no idea #11 on SMU team was going to be coming in from the side and bat it to his teammate. In that game winning play we were completely out coached.

This said, I think our defense played their hearts out. They had the one goal line stop after which the offense drove 99myards for a TD.

I know I’m speaking to the super fans, but we beat the spread again. And my hope it this heartbreaker will steel the will of our guys to play with the chip “we are better than those scores indicate” and play with determination to win conference.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    The alumni that are keeping him employed already don’t show up for most of the games. They don’t care about the regular alumni/fans. The university has been shit poor at generating alumni support forever now. Anyone who thinks people should simply give money because they have degrees from Tech are fools. My tuition paid for those. If you want money/more money from me put a good product on the field. There are 10,000’s of alumni who haven’t heard from Tech in years. I actually tried to help teach out to a lot of the DFW ones a couple years ago. It’s sad but the sadness is only equal to what is happening under Holtz now.
    Youre right, the alumni who keep him there don’t show up.

I have not received any form of communication from Tech in 20 years.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    It was a creative , brilliant play by SMU. Next level. Our guys had no idea #11 on SMU team was going to be coming in from the side and bat it to his teammate. In that game winning play we were completely out coached.

This said, I think our defense played their hearts out. They had the one goal line stop after which the offense drove 99myards for a TD.

I know I’m speaking to the super fans, but we beat the spread again. And my hope it this heartbreaker will steel the will of our guys to play with the chip “we are better than those scores indicate” and play with determination to win conference.
    It was a great play. It takes advantage of what almost every defense does in that situation.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    It was a great play. It takes advantage of what almost every defense does in that situation.
    The problem is the prevent defense we use that led to that play. This is two games that has been lost by our prevent defense.

Your secondary has to be able to close and tackle to play a prevent. Our first layer takes drops that are too deep. 7-8 yard completions are easy and we can’t get there and/or make the tackle before they get a 1st down. 1st downs stop the clock.

We got out coached again. Why is that so hard for some on this board to understand or accept.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Tons of opportunities to win not just last play
    Long pass to 83 called back due to holding
    TD run by Williams called back due to holding
    Missed 2 pt conversion
    Just these (3) mistakes cost us at least 15 pts
    Rule #1 to beating the other team - dont beat yourself

Varsity Bulldog talonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    Rule #1 to beating the other team - dont beat yourself
    I am but a humble visitor to this board, so excuse me if I am using this in the wrong context, but.....
    TWSS

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

I’ll repeat what I said elsewhere, the prevent defense is for shit. It’s just stupid to play something you mostly only do in practice. Meanwhile you play your regular defense about half of every game. It’s what the players know best, so do what they’re most familiar with. To do something unique in the most critical time of the game under extra pressure is just asking for trouble.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by talonofdeath View Post
    I am but a humble visitor to this board, so excuse me if I am using this in the wrong context, but.....
    TWSS
    OK for a first try. But keep practicing.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

TWSS

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    OK for a first try. But keep practicing.
    TWSS

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post

Players playing with heart and determination and will to win has never been our problem this year. Having a HC who is absolutely incompetent in 4th quarter game management is our problem, and that’s hard to overcome.

+ Reply to Thread