+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tech vs. the 4 corners of Louisiana

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Tech vs. the 4 corners of Louisiana

So with the win over Southeastern, that moves them into a tie for 3rd as our most defeated opponent.

#1 is Northwestern of course with 54 wins (54-20-5).
    #2 is Southwestern. We've donated 48 additional L's to their history (48-33-6).
    #3 is now a tie between Northeast and Southeastern at 29. 29-7-2 against the Lions, 29-14 against the Warhawks.

It's kind of shame that Louisiana College isn't called Louisiana Central or Central Louisiana or something (which they totally could be). Because they're 5th with 27.

Seems unlikely we'll be able to add to the win column against LC due to their division (3, right?).

ASU is close behind LC, could grab that 5th place spot if we run into them in a bowl or two (and you know, win). UTEP and UTA keeping UNT and Rice out of the top ten, but since we actually play those teams they will (hopefully) gain ground on UTA if not the Miners.

http://winsipedia.com/louisiana-tech

We don't need to talk about teams against whom we have the most losses (obviously playing a lot is the key here, so it's more or less who you'd think it'd be - the local SEC teams, some of the teams listed above on sheer volume and some legacy stuff from back in the day).

My favorite new(ish) historical scheduling quirk is that we are UTSA's most played opponent. But when you've only been around for 10 seasons and shared a conference with us for all of them, it makes total sense. It's just weird. The only other team for which that might be the case would be Northwestern, right? But I can't find their head-to-head history (I didn't try very hard). I could also see one or more of the current FCS in state teams having passed us up with them.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Tech vs. the 4 corners of Louisiana

Good stuff.

I never heard it mentioned last week, but how many years was the Southeastern program shut down? My guess is 10 to 15.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the interesting factoid, Inudesu! Our resident "Casey Kasem"

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post

My favorite new(ish) historical scheduling quirk is that we are UTSA's most played opponent. But when you've only been around for 10 seasons and shared a conference with us for all of them, it makes total sense. It's just weird. The only other team for which that might be the case would be Northwestern, right? But I can't find their head-to-head history (I didn't try very hard). I could also see one or more of the current FCS in state teams having passed us up with them.
    Duh, I missed the obvious one. We're ULL's most played opponent, just like they are ours (NWST also their second, LC higher on their list than ours, but on up there for both). We're second for Southern Miss (who is a distant third for us after NWST and ULL). Memphis is their most-played opponent.

We're ULM's 4th most played opponent after ULL, NWST, and McNeese. The Warhawks actually have a winning overall record against UNT and the F_U twins. I wouldn't have expected that (at least not for UNT, I guess they got the Florida schools as they were just starting up).

Winspedia doesn't have separate entries for FCS schools, but I wonder about some of those Southland teams. I'm betting by now they've mostly passed us (and maybe the ULXs) among each other.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

So with the win over Southeastern, that moves them into a tie for 3rd as our most defeated opponent.

#1 is Northwestern of course with 54 wins (54-20-5).
    #2 is Southwestern. We've donated 48 additional L's to their history (48-33-6).
    #3 is now a tie between Northeast and Southeastern at 29. 29-7-2 against the Lions, 29-14 against the Warhawks.

It's kind of shame that Louisiana College isn't called Louisiana Central or Central Louisiana or something (which they totally could be). Because they're 5th with 27.

Seems unlikely we'll be able to add to the win column against LC due to their division (3, right?).

ASU is close behind LC, could grab that 5th place spot if we run into them in a bowl or two (and you know, win). UTEP and UTA keeping UNT and Rice out of the top ten, but since we actually play those teams they will (hopefully) gain ground on UTA if not the Miners.

http://winsipedia.com/louisiana-tech

We don't need to talk about teams against whom we have the most losses (obviously playing a lot is the key here, so it's more or less who you'd think it'd be - the local SEC teams, some of the teams listed above on sheer volume and some legacy stuff from back in the day).

So, why does this say we've only played SELU twice?

https://latechsports.com/sports/foot...university/119

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    So, why does this say we've only played SELU twice?

https://latechsports.com/sports/foot...university/119
    That database only seems to go back to 1989. Maybe it's just the records from our current stint in Div 1-A/FBS?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

That database only seems to go back to 1989. Maybe it's just the records from our current stint in Div 1-A/FBS?
    I don't know. It's a LA Tech owned database.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Good stuff.

I never heard it mentioned last week, but how many years was the Southeastern program shut down? My guess is 10 to 15.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

wow!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I believe it was Hal Mumme at the helm when SLU resurrected their football program, at that time the former Kentucky coach. He had very little to work with, lots of walk-on's and guys unfit to play college football even at that (I-AA) level. Watched the NSU Demons crush 'em 83-26 (or something close to that). It was ugly.

+ Reply to Thread