+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Coaching Changes

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Coaching Changes

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    He was just fired. That's all that needs to be known.
    Exactly! 15-21 in the last 4 years. 3-11 in the last two.

Even the mention of his name is pure nonsense.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Skip Holtz to Temple?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Skip Holtz to Temple?
    He's coached up there in the NE before (at UConn). I bet they'd like to go to 7 bowls in a row (legitimately).

Varsity Bulldog kfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Skip Holtz to Temple?
    Does that mean we'd have to pay him less if he gets a job right away?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Rich Rod to Jacksonville St

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    He's coached up there in the NE before (at UConn). I bet they'd like to go to 7 bowls in a row (legitimately).
    If they were in CUSA they could go 7 bowl in a row.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    If they were in CUSA they could go 7 bowl in a row.
    You seen the new AAC? They are in CUSA. At least, they're about to be.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Just saw a report on that. UF has narrowed their wish list to Lane Kiffin, Mike Stoops, and Napier, with Napier considered the leading candidate. Damn! can't believe Skippy was not on their list.
    You should ask Tech52 about this. He still thinks Holtz is the cat's meow, and he's been defending Holtz to the end. Surely if Holtz was hat good, someone else would want him.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Rich Rod to Jacksonville St
    I hope LA Tech doesn't end up regretting this one.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kfj View Post
    Does that mean we'd have to pay him less if he gets a job right away?
    Nope

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    You should ask Tech52 about this. He still thinks Holtz is the cat's meow, and he's been defending Holtz to the end. Surely if Holtz was hat good, someone else would want him.
    I have not, some of you just can’t stop being hyperbolic. Please, point out anywhere that I have said “Holtz should still be here” since his firing announcement.

You all just act like weve been dealing with a Chad Morris/Arkansas situation over a period of 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    The OU president with his "I wish we'd had some more notice" comments. . .

Talk about some stones. The Big 12 would like a word pal.

Nothing brings out the hypocrisy in college sports like realignment and the coaching carousel. You could set your clock to it -

"It's just unfair and bad for the sport for one conference to steal from another" (raids the next smallest fish in the pond)

"I just feel bad for these kids that he looked in the eye and recruited that must feel so shaken" (don't mention that the coach we're about to hire would have done the same thing)

"I can't believe these kids and their lack of commitment, they should have committed to the school not the coach" (happy to accept the guys from the new coach's old school or pick up pieces from some unrelated school when they have a coaching change)

Nothing brings out the hypocrisy in college sports like realignment and the coaching carousel. You could set your clock to it -

"It's just unfair and bad for the sport for one conference to steal from another" (raids the next smallest fish in the pond)

"I just feel bad for these kids that he looked in the eye and recruited that must feel so shaken" (don't mention that the coach we're about to hire would have done the same thing)

"I can't believe these kids and their lack of commitment, they should have committed to the school not the coach" (happy to accept the guys from the new coach's old school or pick up pieces from some unrelated school when they have a coaching change)
    I agree. The hypocrisy is incredible.

I still say, Lincoln Riley is getting out while the getting is good. He knows OU has almost no chance of winning the SEC West against Bama, LSU, TX A&M, etc....every year in the new SEC, so he's splitting town while he can. And Riley got a good job too, in a conference he knows he can dominate. This is a VERY astute move for Lincoln Riley. He outsmarted them all, and will parlay his success at OU into generational money at USC. Hey, there's nothing wrong with living near the beach either.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

All this conference realignment mayhem is on them and Texas, so I have no sympathy for either school

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    All this conference realignment mayhem is on them and Texas, so I have no sympathy for either school
    Exactly! I see them both in the mid-bottom of the west...below Arkansas and A&M. That will be wonderful!

+ Reply to Thread