+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Coaching Changes

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Coaching Changes

Venables on the ground in Norman. Lebby expected to be the OU OC.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Manny finally gets an answer after being left hanging so long (he'll be pretty well compensated for it, and I doubt he'll get a lot of sympathy from Temple fans).
    Maybe he'd like to spend another year or two in Ruston?

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Manny finally gets an answer after being left hanging so long (he'll be pretty well compensated for it, and I doubt he'll get a lot of sympathy from Temple fans).
    Wow this must have just happened. No matter what he is due he should be paid double for the classless way Miami handled this.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Not the OC, but the Co-OC. Only one year in that position. He is 36 years-old. Six years college coaching experience, all at ULaLa. Spent his entire coaching career in Lafayette and Iberia Parishes, half that time in high school. Guess we will see if Billy Napier develops coaches. I think we have the much better and more qualified coach!
    That coaching record doesn't sound very good to me. If I was a ULL fan, I'd be very concerned.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Time will tell if it was a good hire or not, but it feels like a lazy hire. I don't guess it makes much difference. They had the best year in ULL history, and they are rewarded with....The New Orleans Bowl
    And THAT'S the problem with the Sunbelt.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDave1 View Post
    This was a different hire for the Cajuns than previous hires. This time Lafayette did not need to hire a coach to fix or change the system. The Cajuns wanted someone to maintain the system and success of the program. Desormeaux worked for Napier all four years he was in Lafayette and was highly recommended by Napier for the job and the team is apparently thrilled that he is their new HC. Time will tell if he is a good hire or not.
    That what Southern Miss said in 2012 when they promoted DC Ellis Johnson to replace Larry Fedora .....and USM promptly went form 12-2 in 2011 to an 0-12 record in 2012. And USM has never been the same.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Wow this must have just happened. No matter what he is due he should be paid double for the classless way Miami handled this.
    As expected.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...s-coaching-job

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDave1 View Post
    This was a different hire for the Cajuns than previous hires. This time Lafayette did not need to hire a coach to fix or change the system. The Cajuns wanted someone to maintain the system and success of the program. Desormeaux worked for Napier all four years he was in Lafayette and was highly recommended by Napier for the job and the team is apparently thrilled that he is their new HC. Time will tell if he is a good hire or not.
    Congratulations on a great couple of seasons with Napier. I think he was exactly the shot-in-the-arm y'all needed to get things rolling. I get the impression that Cajun fans' opinions are mixed on this hire. Understandably. Of course nobody can predict the future (don't WE know it?)...but Napier's vote weighed heavily in this decision, so there's that.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I doubt he'll get a lot of sympathy from Temple fans
    Temple does have an opening though. . .

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Time will tell if it was a good hire or not, but it feels like a lazy hire. I don't guess it makes much difference. They had the best year in ULL history, and they are rewarded with....The New Orleans Bowl
    I don't care that ULL got screwed, but looking at it objectively, they got screwed, and illustrates everything that is wrong with the current bowl system and these conference tie-ins. Marshall is 7-5 and struggled to get there. I think a team like ULL, 12-1 and ranked, should be placed in a better bowl, or at least against a better opponent. BYU also got the shaft.

I know we don't like to admit it, but the P5 offers more attractive opponents, especially for bowls. Maybe ULL should have been able to play someone like any of the 6-6 teams like a Virginia Tech, Auburn or...drum roll, please...LSU! Some might poo-pooh the notion of playing a 6-6 P5er, but our bowl wins over Illinois and Miami are very satisfying.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

The whole reason for all the extra bowl games is to make P5-G5 matchups very rare.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I don't care that ULL got screwed, but looking at it objectively, they got screwed, and illustrates everything that is wrong with the current bowl system and these conference tie-ins. Marshall is 7-5 and struggled to get there. I think a team like ULL, 12-1 and ranked, should be placed in a better bowl, or at least against a better opponent. BYU also got the shaft.

I know we don't like to admit it, but the P5 offers more attractive opponents, especially for bowls. Maybe ULL should have been able to play someone like any of the 6-6 teams like a Virginia Tech, Auburn or...drum roll, please...LSU! Some might poo-pooh the notion of playing a 6-6 P5er, but our bowl wins over Illinois and Miami are very satisfying.

Exactly!

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    ULL just leapfrogged Tech in the football head coaching search with their coach leaving since they pay better. Tech better wake up and pay more before they get passed up for good. This is one of those investment type situations where you pay more ahead to In order to reap the rewards later.
    Tceh's hire compared to ULL's hire debunked the assumption that ULL leapfrogged Tech.

ESPN graded Cumbie's hire as a B+ compared to a B for the ULL hire.

Varsity Bulldog thewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Tceh's hire compared to ULL's hire debunked the assumption that ULL leapfrogged Tech.

ESPN graded Cumbie's hire as a B+ compared to a B for the ULL hire.
    I don’t recommend looking at how those coaching hire grades tend to age haha

Quote Originally Posted by thewyldman View Post
    I don’t recommend looking at how those coaching hire grades tend to age haha
    First impressions are everything. Right now the Tech trajectory is up, and the ULL trajectory is no better than flat. That could easily change, but it is what it is right now. And recruits see that.

+ Reply to Thread