+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: We need a new coaching staff

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: We need a new coaching staff

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    LOL,

Vegas has been wrong about every Tech game this year.
    I think Vegas is good about following the P5 schools, but not the G5's. They seem to get it wrong a lot in the G5 space.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Your heart is not broken because you never expected to win. Neither did I because I know what a loser Holtz is in meaningful games. Not sure what part of 8 wins and a meaningless bowl game makes you happy but it is slowly killing our program. If we get in the AAC I’ll rethink it. If not, all those bowls meant nothing
    LOL! The AAC wants no part of LA Tech. In fact, other teams want to avoid Tech like the plague now, hoping to avoid catching what ever disease Tech has.

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    And the fact that nobody expects us to be good under a coach with this much tenure is very telling IMO.
    LA Tech has always been hindered by a faction of fans that is desperately opposed to change. Almost any change. If they had their way, Jack Bicknell would still be our head coach. Those people are typically indecisive, can't make big decisions, and usually delay making decisions in life as long as they can. You can call them reactive folks instead of proactive. I'm sure God loves them too, but the rest of us just have to tolerate 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    People outside Tech wouldn’t be surprised if Tech was 0-3. They are surprised that Tech has a strong team. Great? No. Bottom of SEC/ Top of ACC though.

You fire a coach who coaches crappy teams not good teams.
    No. That's where you are wrong. You fire coaches that don't win. Because without wins, nobody comes to the games, nobody donates their financial support and the recruiting of good players and coaches goes downhill.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Didn’t work against Memphis did it.
    Probably would have worked for Leach if not for the SEC zebra screw-ups on the Memphis punt return TD that should not have been allowed.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    No. That's where you are wrong. You fire coaches that don't win. Because without wins, nobody comes to the games, nobody donates their financial support and the recruiting of good players and coaches goes downhill.
    When coaches don't win games that they should win, they should be fired.

Holtz is 62-43 at Tech. If Holtz had won half of the 14 4th quarter collapse games that Tech has lost since 2013, that record becomes 69-36. And we aren't having this conversation.
    Last edited by FriscoDawg; 09-19-2021 at 05:15 PM.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

If I had my way and could snap my fingers to make it happen, Matt Dunigan would be the Tech head coach today. I know all the gibberish about why there are other options and that he’s never coached and that’s exactly why I’d put him in the position, he simply wouldn’t overthink playing to win! Tech needs a return to the former bloodlines of winning at Tech. Enough of these outsiders...

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Or if he had won them all and his win percentage was over 70, we might even be talking about our new HC right now. Maybe we would be taking about another coach in his 3rd year already.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    If I had my way and could snap my fingers to make it happen, Matt Dunigan would be the Tech head coach today. I know all the gibberish about why there are other options and that he’s never coached and that’s exactly why I’d put him in the position, he simply wouldn’t overthink playing to win! Tech needs a return to the former bloodlines of winning at Tech. Enough of these outsiders...
    I loved watching Dunigan play. He never slid, never backed away from contact, when he ran he saw himself as another RB and he lowered the boom on would-be tacklers. Between the collisions at Tech and later in the CFL, there's no telling how many concussions that man suffered. He was (is) tough as nails. He also had a cannon for an arm, one of the strongest I have ever seen in person. He is also career leader in INTs thrown (I believe), and many of those were rockets the WRs couldn't handle and resulted in a deflected pick. He was a tough competitor and fought for every yard on every play.

He has done CFL TV for years, decades now I guess, and I've watched some of it. He knows football...of course. Coaching requires a different set of skills and know-how, so who knows how he might do? But, I'm willing to give him a shot.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I loved watching Dunigan play. He never slid, never backed away from contact, when he ran he saw himself as another RB and he lowered the boom on would-be tacklers. Between the collisions at Tech and later in the CFL, there's no telling how many concussions that man suffered. He was (is) tough as nails. He also had a cannon for an arm, one of the strongest I have ever seen in person. He is also career leader in INTs thrown (I believe), and many of those were rockets the WRs couldn't handle and resulted in a deflected pick. He was a tough competitor and fought for every yard on every play.

He has done CFL TV for years, decades now I guess, and I've watched some of it. He knows football...of course. Coaching requires a different set of skills and know-how, so who knows how he might do? But, I'm willing to give him a shot.
    I had a family member that played with Dunigan, he said, he was the first to practice every day and the last to leave, said he’d run bleachers longer than anyone. I want a guy with that dedication. Strategical coaching is overrated. All you need to do is turn athletes loose within their discipline.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    Matt is literally the Terry Bradshaw of the CFL. He has practically the exact same job as TB on the TSN. He’d be hard pressed to leave other than coming home to the south. I had an employee named Willie Pless who was a CFL legend and he was always in touch with Matt, so I got to see and visit with Matt fairly often, albeit 10 years ago. He is as good of a guy as you would imagine and one of Tech’s best all around. Although he would be a great HC, I’m sure, I think we need someone with some coaching experience, but young & hungry.

Bulldog DD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her game

What I don’t see on this team is leadership! I think SH might be too soft on his players! I don’t see how he reacts to poor performance in practice because I am not there! But I would like to see an occasional old school ass chewing when players don’t execute what is expected! I also don’t see leadership from any player( maybe because of all the transfers, they don’t seem to have that old school Tech love and spirit! I have followed the Dawgs since the early 80’s and I don’t think I’ve ever been this disappointed in a Tech team! Back when we made the move from 1AA to FBS our slogan was “Hitting the Big Time”! Our expectations were high and our players came to play no matter who we played! Back when we were Independent and had to play some of the very best teams almost week in and wek out JRP and the players put their team pride in the line every Saturday even though we were outmatched almost every game! But they were highly motivated and played to win! I just don’t see that motivation anymore and I think that starts at the very top and filters down! I expect the administration and the coaches and players to have higher expectations ALL THE TIME!!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it was the NC State coach that absolutely lit into a player for spinning the ball after making a good first down catch. The player was awarded an unsportsmanlike. The commentators were saying coach went overboard. I was thinking he did a great job restraining himself. Everyone is too soft today.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous View Post
    Matt is literally the Terry Bradshaw of the CFL. He has practically the exact same job as TB on the TSN. He’d be hard pressed to leave other than coming home to the south. I had an employee named Willie Pless who was a CFL legend and he was always in touch with Matt, so I got to see and visit with Matt fairly often, albeit 10 years ago. He is as good of a guy as you would imagine and one of Tech’s best all around. Although he would be a great HC, I’m sure, I think we need someone with some coaching experience, but young & hungry.
    Matt living somewhere in the south now. Seen him twice lately since the summer . . .. LA Hall of Fame and somewhere else with his buddy Junkin. Commutes to Canada now.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I think it was the NC State coach that absolutely lit into a player for spinning the ball after making a good first down catch. The player was awarded an unsportsmanlike. The commentators were saying coach went overboard. I was thinking he did a great job restraining himself. Everyone is too soft today.
    Oregon maybe?
    Have you considered those Dogs?

+ Reply to Thread