+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: We need a new coaching staff

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: We need a new coaching staff

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Vegas usually knows.
    LOL,

Vegas has been wrong about every Tech game this year.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

This team is exceeding expectations. The way they lost the 2 games rips your heart out, but they were expected to be blown out in both those games.

You gripe about boring.. not this year…. lol.
    See, this is part of the problem: meeting expectations is exceeding expectations to some.

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Holtz didn’t cost them this game. Knock the Hail. Mary down and your talking about how we upgraded from Dykes at a bargain price.
    REALLY...this is becoming a regular occurrence. and I don't have the patience to even respond to this.

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Vegas usually knows.
    OK what's your freaking point! I don't give a rats ass about the Vegas line because we actually beat the line. But that's not my concern with what Vegas says. My concern is with a program that I give money to and I expect that University to use to move forward

Big Dog Heavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really nice Heavyarms's Avatar

I'm not asking for much out of a coach. Win the games you're supposed to win (Northwestern,) beat a P5 and win the conference every once in a while, make other teams in the conference respect us, and don't get us featured on ESPN multiple times per season because of the embarrassing way we lost a game or played football.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Lotsudo View Post
    OK what's your freaking point! I don't give a rats ass about the Vegas line because we actually beat the line. But that's not my concern with what Vegas says. My concern is with a program that I give money to and I expect that University to use to move forward
    The rest of the world outside of Tech thought MSU and SMU would handle Tech easily. Everybody outside of Tech is impressed and surprised at how good Tech is (could easily be 3-0 and looking at the Top 25). Your heart is broken so you’re not thinking clearly.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Holtz didn’t cost them this game. Knock the Hail. Mary down and your talking about how we upgraded from Dykes at a bargain price.
    This was a heartbreaking loss. But they didnt have a chance to knock it down.

An SMU player had a decent heads up play to make that catchable for his team. I wish our Defense at that spot werent all so focused on the ball and some had blocked out the area a bit, that wouldve saved it.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Screw what “should” have happened in any of the games we threw. We were in a position to win at least 15 games that our scheme or lack of coaching lost for us. That’s coaching and good coaches win those games. Holtz is not a good coach.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

The rest of the world outside of Tech thought MSU and SMU would handle Tech easily. Everybody outside of Tech is impressed and surprised at how good Tech is (could easily be 3-0 and looking at the Top 25). Your heart is broken so you’re not thinking clearly.
    Your heart is not broken because you never expected to win. Neither did I because I know what a loser Holtz is in meaningful games. Not sure what part of 8 wins and a meaningless bowl game makes you happy but it is slowly killing our program. If we get in the AAC I’ll rethink it. If not, all those bowls meant nothing

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Screw what “should” have happened in any of the games we threw. We were in a position to win at least 15 games that our scheme or lack of coaching lost for us. That’s coaching and good coaches win those games. Holtz is not a good coach.
    We couldn’t afford the guy who just beat him with the Hail Mary.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Or we are 1 play away from being 0-3. What’s your point?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

We couldn’t afford the guy who just beat him with the Hail Mary.
    yes we could. We gave him a raise before he earned it in 2011

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

And the fact that nobody expects us to be good under a coach with this much tenure is very telling IMO.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    LOL,

Vegas has been wrong about every Tech game this year.
    Yes they have been wrong about the score, but right about Win/Lose

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Your heart is not broken because you never expected to win. Neither did I because I know what a loser Holtz is in meaningful games. Not sure what part of 8 wins and a meaningless bowl game makes you happy but it is slowly killing our program. If we get in the AAC I’ll rethink it. If not, all those bowls meant nothing
    I don’t let it get to me anymore. At the end of the day, its all very meaningless. But kind of loss hurts! It was Sonny. Skip out-coached him, justice was robbed. It doesn’t seem fair that SMU got the win. But history will only show 39-37 loss. Sucks.

+ Reply to Thread