+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow! Les Guice blocked me on Twitter

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Wow! Les Guice blocked me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    If he wants donations to the university, that isn't the best way to go about getting them.
    I don’t think he had to worry about locking up the Twitter bitcher demographic.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Guess he doesn't want to sell tickets either then.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Guess he doesn't want to sell tickets either then.
    I imagine he doesn’t care if he sells tickets to Brad.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Does the CEO of a company block customers from customer service on anti-social media when they have complaints?
    Yeah, they can. And do.

Its their personal account. Not an obligation to their job. While he may share things related to his job they do not owe you anything through it.

If you want to put in a complaint related to his job do it officially.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Not the way to treat ANY customer. It's the CEO's job to market and sell the university. And if he thinks it's not, he's in the wrong job.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Any time I have had an issue, I have emailed the appropriate person and gotten a fairly prompt response. Was it always what I wanted? No, but they acknowledged concern and responded.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Not the way to treat ANY customer. It's the CEO's job to market and sell the university. And if he thinks it's not, he's in the wrong job.
    So send it to him on the job, not over twitter.

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

He probably doesn’t. And by the fact he pretends there is not a problem with the football program, he apparently doesn’t care if he sells any tickets to anyone else either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    So send it to him on the job, not over twitter.
    He's made anti-social media part of his communications to the public on the job. And since when is a university president not on the job? Certainly not minutes after a football game where he better be meeting with boosters and donors.

That’s not the CEO’s job.

And the customer isn’t always right…and sometimes he’s right, but he’s a boar.

If our attendance (which was bad before Brad was blocked) takes a significant step backwards next home game, I’ll reevaluate.

For now, it looks like an angry fan made a personal attack on the school Pres and got blocked. Not news.

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

I guess he as nothing to worry about as long as he has people like you holding his hand as the S.S. Tech Football sinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    I guess he as nothing to worry about as long as he has people like you holding his hand as the S.S. Tech Football sinks.
    Sick burn.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

I wonder if Guice realizes he’s holding the reigns to Tech’s football futures just like Reneau was when he singlehandedly decapitated the Lady Techsters basketball program. Don’t scoff. The Lady Techsters that once were are gone forever. Next up if not remedied, Tech football could be ULM caliber. When the stick gets bone deep there’s no getting rid of it. Every game that Holtz takes a win and makes it a loss, we get a little closer.

That’s not the CEO’s job.

And the customer isn’t always right…and sometimes he’s right, but he’s a boar.

If our attendance (which was bad before Brad was blocked) takes a significant step backwards next home game, I’ll reevaluate.

For now, it looks like an angry fan made a personal attack on the school Pres and got blocked. Not news.
    Laughable to call that a PERSONAL attack. If it was an attack at all, it was clearly business related. Nothing personal about it. "Grow a backbone" means "Do your job".

The CEO is the public face of any organization and it is ALWAYS that person's job to market and sell. He may not have the job to close the deal with details, but he can certainly seal or lose deals before they get to that point.

I would always expect to meet or speak with a university president before making a major donation, even if it was just to be redirected to a VP, dean, or department head. And the donor may consider the donation to be major even if the president doesn't. In that case, the donor is always right.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg;[URL="[URL
    tel:1811167[/URL]"]1811167[/URL]]I wonder if Guice realizes he’s holding the reigns to Tech’s football futures just like Reneau was when he singlehandedly decapitated the Lady Techsters basketball program. Don’t scoff. The Lady Techsters that once were are gone forever. Next up if not remedied, Tech football could be ULM caliber. When the stick gets bone deep there’s no getting rid of it. Every game that Holtz takes a win and makes it a loss, we get a little closer.
    It’s difficult to believe an exact parallel exists between Women’s College Basketball (1970s - 1980s) and College football of any previous to current timespan. F. J. Taylor saw the potential of women’s basketball as a major college sport and seized the moment and literally carved the national beginnings of it at Louisiana Tech. Once the rest of the nation caught on, the race was on and nature took its course. And to say Reneau “decapitated” Lady Techsters basketball is not giving any credit to Kim Mulkey’s possible immaturity and lack of reason (or her decision-making/negotiation skills at the time) when she was in a position to carry the torch farther.

+ Reply to Thread