+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow! Les Guice blocked me on Twitter

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Wow! Les Guice blocked me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    We had a previous engagement, so we got there later than normal. I was shocked at the lack of traffic and ease in which we found parking. The parking lots had plenty of room, and parking across the street was easy as well. Where were the students- there were so few it was appalling. I do know Ruston had the parent sponsored HoCo dance last night, so that was a part of our side, but the student section was pathetic. The band did a great job cheering and keeping some excitement going. The second half was fun-other than the last play. There is lots of work to do to restore a fun game day atmosphere!
    Good post. Yes, the student section was much less full yesterday against SMU than it was during last week's game against Southeastern Louisiana. I was shocked at that.

I don't know who's running the BAND OF PRIDE now, but they are doing a great job. The BOP played great, they played loud, and they legally harassed the opposing team at every opportunity, which tells me they are attentive to the game conditions.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Most of those complaining about student attendance never had to deal with an afternoon TV game that our horrible TV contract called for. Facing the afternoon sun from 2:30 to 4:00 is enough to run them off.

Our former AD began tearing down attendance from students and non-gold lot fans years ago. Blame him and crappy scheduling for lack of tailgating and attendance. Throw Skips many losses and crappy product in if that was part of your issue like it is mine.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Most of those complaining about student attendance never had to deal with an afternoon TV game that our horrible TV contract called for. Facing the afternoon sun from 2:30 to 4:00 is enough to run them off.

Our former AD began tearing down attendance from students and non-gold lot fans years ago. Blame him and crappy scheduling for lack of tailgating and attendance. Throw Skips many losses and crappy product in if that was part of your issue like it is mine.
    I attend Baylor games sitting in the sun. It is hot, and I am older than they are. If you want to see the game, you go. It was actually raining right before kickoff. There is a ton of work needed by our current AD, because blaming someone is a waste of time. Those that are in the position now have to "fix" the problem, and there is a lot of work needed to get students there.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    It’s difficult to believe an exact parallel exists between Women’s College Basketball (1970s - 1980s) and College football of any previous to current timespan. F. J. Taylor saw the potential of women’s basketball as a major college sport and seized the moment and literally carved the national beginnings of it at Louisiana Tech. Once the rest of the nation caught on, the race was on and nature took its course. And to say Reneau “decapitated” Lady Techsters basketball is not giving any credit to Kim Mulkey’s possible immaturity and lack of reason (or her decision-making/negotiation skills at the time) when she was in a position to carry the torch farther.
    The parallel is too close to ignore.

The money school train for women's basketball was just starting to pull out the station when the Mulkey fiasco happened, and it was gone when Budke left for Oklahoma State. Tech would still have fallen behind, but it would have been at a much slower rate if Mulkey had run the program for even a few years. Tech has been irrelevant on the national scene for 15 years now.

The conference realignment train is getting ready to pull out of the station now. If something isn't done, by the time it is done Tech will be too far behind to ever catch up. The new conference structure won't be creating many if any new openings once this round of realignment is done. If Tech isn't irrelevant nationally already, it most certainly will be in the not-too-distant future.

Varsity Bulldog deb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post

I agree. The sun beating down on you on those bleachers will run off everyone but the diehard fans. The heat index had to be close to 100 yesterday. Afternoon football in Louisiana during September just kills any kind of crowd, especially on the east side.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I attend Baylor games sitting in the sun. It is hot, and I am older than they are. If you want to see the game, you go. It was actually raining right before kickoff. There is a ton of work needed by our current AD, because blaming someone is a waste of time. Those that are in the position now have to "fix" the problem, and there is a lot of work needed to get students there.
    Just FYI.......you guys have NO IDEA how caught off guard last week our new AD and LA Tech's leadership-- was with regard to the AAC's expansion as it relates to LA Tech. Here we were hosting SMU --an AAC team-- this past week, and NOBODY in our administration ever bothered to reach out and invite AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco and his associates to our game. Here was a GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY to roll out the red carpet in Ruston and really win over Aresco and other AAC leaders, on OUR turf, and yet, nobody at Tech --or even anyone representing Tech-- even bothered to call and invite these people in for a Dog and Pony (pardon the pun) show until it was too late.

I couldn't believe it. Tech's leadership was dormant.

What TECH should have done was send a private plane to fly Aresco and his associates to Ruston, put 'em up at Squire Creek for one or two nights and have a series of "realignment" meetings --maybe even a round of golf (if weather permitted)-- before the game on Saturday afternoon.

But, none of that happened.

Of course, if you make an inquiry now, people in leadership will tell you, "Oh yeah, we reached out to Mr Aresco and offered to send a private jet to pick him up and bring him to Ruston". But know this: That only happened on Wednesday/Thursday this week after a couple of us "concerned supporters" made some calls and made the suggestions. There was no plan. And that's what was disturbing. Needless to say, our administration never reached Mr. Aresco.

I'm telling you, our leadership was caught asleep at the wheel in Ruston last week. Some of you forget that this is "Dr Eric Woods'" very first rodeo as the #1 person in an athletic department. I'm convinced, he literally doesn't know what to do in these situations, and thus, ended up doing nothing proactively, until it was already too late. Hence, LA Tech is truly paying a price for hiring a "junior" guy for that position. Oh, I don't doubt he is a talented guy that may some day be the best AD caliber talent in the world. But right now, he appears to be just another junior administrator that still has a lot to learn.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Just FYI.......you guys have NO IDEA how caught off guard last week our new AD and LA Tech's leadership-- was with regard to the AAC's expansion as it relates to LA Tech. Here we were hosting SMU --an AAC team-- this past week, and NOBODY in our administration ever bothered to reach out and invite AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco and his associates to our game. Here was a GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY to roll out the red carpet in Ruston and really win over Aresco and other AAC leaders, on OUR turf, and yet, nobody at Tech --or even anyone representing Tech-- even bothered to call and invite these people in for a Dog and Pony (pardon the pun) show until it was too late.

What TECH should have done was send a private plane to fly Aresco and his associates to Ruston, put 'em up at Squire Creek for one or two nights and have a series of meetings --maybe even a round of golf (if weather permitted)-- before the game on Saturday afternoon.

Instead it was apparently amateur hour.

Of course, if you make an inquiry now, people in leadership will tell you, "Oh yeah, we reached out to Mr Aresco and offered to send a private jet to pick him up and bring him to Ruston". But know this: That only happened on Wednesday/Thursday this week after a couple of us "concerned supporters" made some calls and made the suggestions. There was no plan. And our administration never reached Aresco.

I'm telling you, our leadership was caught asleep at the wheel in Ruston last week. Some of you forget that this is "Dr Eric Woods'" very first rodeo as the #1 person in an athletic department. I'm convinced, he literally doesn't know what to do in these situations, and thus, sat around and did nothing proactively in this situation, until it was already too late. Hence, LA Tech is truly paying a price for hiring a "junior" guy for that position. Oh, I don't doubt he may some day be the best AD caliber talent in the world. But right now, he's just another junior administrator that still has a lot to learn.
    I’m shocked!! Great post

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

What TECH should have done was send a private plane to fly Aresco and his associates to Ruston, put 'em up at Squire Creek for one or two nights and have a series of "realignment" meetings --maybe even a round of golf (if weather permitted)-- before the game on Saturday afternoon.

Instead it was apparently amateur hour.

Of course, if you make an inquiry now, people in leadership will tell you, "Oh yeah, we reached out to Mr Aresco and offered to send a private jet to pick him up and bring him to Ruston". But know this: That only happened on Wednesday/Thursday this week after a couple of us "concerned supporters" made some calls and made the suggestions. There was no plan. And our administration never reached Aresco.

I'm telling you, our leadership was caught asleep at the wheel in Ruston last week. Some of you forget that this is "Dr Eric Woods'" very first rodeo as the #1 person in an athletic department. I'm convinced, he literally doesn't know what to do in these situations, and thus, sat around and did nothing proactively in this situation, until it was already too late. Hence, LA Tech is truly paying a price for hiring a "junior" guy for that position. Oh, I don't doubt he is a talented guy that may some day be the best AD caliber talent in the world. But right now, he appears to be just another junior administrator that still has a lot to learn.
    In a nutshell why Tech is going to remain sucking the hind teat. Like all the other sport metaphors, we always seem to be playing from behind. So here we go again hoping for a crumb at the table to sink our teeth into and make the best out of being an also-ran.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I remember the water cannon game. At least I remember 1. It was 100 degrees down there. Our group was there the whole time, but we were and are still die hard. I don’t remember how strong the student support was for that game.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I remember the water cannon game. At least I remember 1. It was 100 degrees down there. Our group was there the whole time, but we were and are still die hard. I don’t remember how strong the student support was for that game.
    That was a Labor Day game against Nevada in 2004. Hot as Hades!!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, I also remember the home opener in 2002 being a hot one. I worked all morning putting up tailgate tents and 2 sets of scaffold for the tv crew. I legitimately thought about going to the ambulance and asking for an ice pack and an IV. It was brutal.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Guys.North Texas isn’t going to the MWC for facilities and winning games. Neither is UAB and FAU. We have everything in place. Winning programs and great facilities but WE are not in a market. No matter if we invited Aresco to Ruston for a BJ from 7 virgins, we were not getting invited to the AAC.

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    Guys.North Texas isn’t going to the MWC for facilities and winning games. Neither is UAB and FAU. We have everything in place. Winning programs and great facilities but WE are not in a market. No matter if we invited Aresco to Ruston for a BJ from 7 virgins, we were not getting invited to the AAC.
    Maybe so. BUT, we didn't have to GUARANTEE that outcome by being so stupid and unprofessional.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Some of you people post the most STUPID things on here.
    Yeah. Some of you do.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg;[URL="tel:1811278"
    1811278[/URL]]The parallel is too close to ignore.

The money school train for women's basketball was just starting to pull out the station when the Mulkey fiasco happened, and it was gone when Budke left for Oklahoma State. Tech would still have fallen behind, but it would have been at a much slower rate if Mulkey had run the program for even a few years. Tech has been irrelevant on the national scene for 15 years now.

The conference realignment train is getting ready to pull out of the station now. If something isn't done, by the time it is done Tech will be too far behind to ever catch up. The new conference structure won't be creating many if any new openings once this round of realignment is done. If Tech isn't irrelevant nationally already, it most certainly will be in the not-too-distant future.
    I don’t feel like Tech would have fallen behind as much I believe the other institutions would have risen up and around us. But there’s no doubt we would still be riding high had Kim Mulkey somehow stayed at Tech.

+ Reply to Thread