+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Wow! Les Guice blocked me on Twitter

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Re: Wow! Les Guice blocked me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    Guys.North Texas isn’t going to the MWC for facilities and winning games. Neither is UAB and FAU. We have everything in place. Winning programs and great facilities but WE are not in a market. No matter if we invited Aresco to Ruston for a BJ from 7 virgins, we were not getting invited to the AAC.
    Ending up with the LSUS campus under our umbrella would likely have changed the market situation for us.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg;[URL="tel:1811241"
    1811241[/URL]]Les is like you! He doesn't LISTEN. That's fine for someone like you. But he's a CEO that supposed to be a leader.
    I think I know you well enough to know that you pick up the phone and/or meet in person to take care of business. And I know you know that if you called Dr Guice with a concern, he would listen and even meet with you if that’s what you wanted - you might not get your way, but I’m pretty sure you know he’d hear you out.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    I think I know you well enough to know that you pick up the phone and/or meet in person to take care of business. And I know you know that if you called Dr Guice with a concern, he would listen and even meet with you if that’s what you wanted - you might not get your way, but I’m pretty sure you know he’d hear you out.
    And we BOTH know HD well enough to know that if someone he didn’t know led with “you need to grow a spine” that he would give him the audience that such an approach merits…just as Guice did.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t feel like Tech would have fallen behind as much I believe the other institutions would have risen up and around us. But there’s no doubt we would still be riding high had Kim Mulkey somehow stayed at Tech.
    Mulkey might have stayed 7-10 years at Tech. LSU would have eventually offered enough for her to make the move, and it wouldn't have taken until 2021 to happen.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Yep, I also remember the home opener in 2002 being a hot one. I worked all morning putting up tailgate tents and 2 sets of scaffold for the tv crew. I legitimately thought about going to the ambulance and asking for an ice pack and an IV. It was brutal.
    Yeah -- against Tulsa. After the 2001 WAC championship, that Labor Day weekend win and then Okla State soon after, we really thought Tech was poised for some great years under Bicknell. sigh ...

I remember that game for being insufferably hot and also the first time I got hang out with some BBBers in person.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    I remember that game for being insufferably hot and also the first time I got hang out with some BBBers in person.
    Sounds like you you took an insufferable atmosphere and made it made more insufferable.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    Sounds like you you took an insufferable atmosphere and made it made more insufferable.
    lolz! No doubt!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Yep, I also remember the home opener in 2002 being a hot one. I worked all morning putting up tailgate tents and 2 sets of scaffold for the tv crew. I legitimately thought about going to the ambulance and asking for an ice pack and an IV. It was brutal.
    But instead you hollered at the firemen and told them to hose you down from the firetruck by the scoreboard?? That was a beautiful sight on a hot day.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog johnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    But instead you hollered at the firemen and told them to hose you down from the firetruck by the scoreboard?? That was a beautiful sight on a hot day.

I remember that game against Tulsa. That was my first Tech game as a Freshman. My parents came up and my mom loved the "Hurricane Evacuation Route" signs that were all over campus. It was stupid hot. I remember we scored near 50, i think, and the male cheerleaders were about to pass out from the pushups they had to do lol.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Like!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    And we both know HD well enough to know that if someone he didn’t know led with “you need to grow a spine” that he would give him the audience that such an approach merits…just as guice did.
    exactly !

In an effort to assist Brad to be more effective in his future tweets, let’s all assemble a list of Don’ts for his future reference:

Try to avoid these phrases:
    (1) you need to grow a spine/backbone
    (2)
    (3)

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

In an effort to assist Brad to be more effective in his future tweets, let’s all assemble a list of Don’ts for his future reference:

Try to avoid these phrases:
    (1) you need to grow a spine/backbone
    (2)
    (3)
    Seems like the tweet was VERY effective because it obviously got under Guice's skin. He would have just ignored polite criticism as he has done for several years now.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Seems like the tweet was VERY effective because it obviously got under Guice's skin. He would have just ignored polite criticism as he has done for several years now.
    amen!

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

So from the above, we can take it that you really aren’t interested in talking to the person you blame for the problem to offer your suggestions - you just want to whine about it. “The powers that be” weren’t born there. They had ideas they wanted to see implemented so they worked to become part of what you term as, “the powers that be.” Many of us may possible agree with some or all of your initiatives, but we’ll never know because your wasting your time complaining about the process instead of using it.
    Are you sure I haven't reached out?

Anyway, I do want to thank you for your post about time management. But I do find it amusing and ironic you are more focussed on "the process" of voicing complaints than the actual problem at hand (a football program that is sinking into irrelevance do inadequate coaching.)

And I do snicker at your rambling about "you really aren’t interested in talking to the person you blame for the problem to offer your suggestions" ... I have made it clear what my suggestion is: FIRE HOLTZ. My suggestion is about as simple as it comes. I don't think it takes a Ph.D to comprehend or requires disccussion.

Now, I will be blunt and hopefully you will stop trying to deflect from the real problem at hand: We need the person who is being paid the big bucks and is responsible for the well being of the program to stop wasting time and solve the problem. The progam has stagnated at best (and at worst or at worst already is/is becoming a hot mess under the leadership of Les Guice.)

Dr. Guice needs to GROW A BACKBONE, stop wasting time and restore confidence to a very disgruntled and dwindling fanbase and to put the football program back on an upward trending trajectory.

Fire Holtz Now!

+ Reply to Thread