+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow! Les Guice blocked me on Twitter

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Wow! Les Guice blocked me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Laughable to call that a PERSONAL attack. If it was an attack at all, it was clearly business related. Nothing personal about it. "Grow a backbone" means "Do your job".

The CEO is the public face of any organization and it is ALWAYS that person's job to market and sell. He may not have the job to close the deal with details, but he can certainly seal or lose deals before they get to that point.

I would always expect to meet or speak with a university president before making a major donation, even if it was just to be redirected to a VP, dean, or department head. And the donor may consider the donation to be major even if the president doesn't. In that case, the donor is always right.
    Nope

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Les is a politician, employee of a government institution. He should expect criticism and respond in an appropriate manner. Blocking differing opinions, criticisms, and confrontation is a sign of weak leadership.

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    Les is a politician, employee of a government institution. He should expect criticism and respond in an appropriate manner. Blocking differing opinions, criticisms, and confrontation is a sign of weak leadership.
    This!

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brad;[URL="tel:1811132"
    1811132[/URL]]I expect the university president to act like he belongs in his pay grade.

The fact he can’t handle social media posts from lowly fans explains why the football program is in steep decline, fans are jumping ship, and ULL is in a much better position in this round of realignment than Tech is.

One upon a time, I was a student worker in his department. Back then, I had respect for him. Now, he is a major disappointment.
    Hard to believe you worked with Les Guice and didn’t come to understand how easy it is to arrange to speak to him in person and in private about concerns you may have about La Tech. So you decided to say what you said on a public forum. I guarantee, if you ever were his student, employee, or coworker, or even were just a La Tech student, Les Guice would find time to meet with you. Stop tweeting and pick up your phone and call his office if you’re for real.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I imagine he doesn’t care if he sells tickets to Brad.
    Savage! LOL

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    Hard to believe you worked with Les Guice and didn’t come to understand how easy it is to arrange to speak to him in person and in private about concerns you may have about La Tech. So you decided to say what you said on a public forum. I guarantee, if you ever were his student, employee, or coworker, or even were just a La Tech student, Les Guice would find time to meet with you. Stop tweeting and pick up your phone and call his office if you’re for real.
    Believe it: 1990-91.

As for the public forum, is Tech football not a public event?

If we are to keep our displeasure out of the public, then we should keep our approval out of the public forum, too.

Get real, dude. You exemplify what is wrong with the powers-that-be at Tech.

Get over the small-time, good-ol-boy mentality and demand that changes be made.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

So now the villains are linked, Skippy Holtz (Guice) = Pigtails (Reneau). Ya gotta love it!

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Guice doesn't care. He was the "chairman of the board" last year of the CUSA presidents. Nero fiddled while Rome burnt. He also sits with the UL presidents and watches while ULL absconds with the "Louisiana" name of their pathetic school (but it worked!) Even though Champ967, or whatever his handle is, thinks F.J. Taylor was controlled by the mafia, he sure knew how to build a athletic system that worked for his time.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brad;[URL="tel:1811186"
    1811186[/URL]]Believe it: 1990-91.

As for the public forum, is Tech football not a public event?

If we are to keep our displeasure out of the public, then we should keep our approval out of the public forum, too.

Get real, dude. You exemplify what is wrong with the powers-that-be at Tech.

Get over the small-time, good-ol-boy mentality and demand that changes be made.
    So from the above, we can take it that you really aren’t interested in talking to the person you blame for the problem to offer your suggestions - you just want to whine about it. “The powers that be” weren’t born there. They had ideas they wanted to see implemented so they worked to become part of what you term as, “the powers that be.” Many of us may possible agree with some or all of your initiatives, but we’ll never know because your wasting your time complaining about the process instead of using it.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    Hopefully Les is watching our fan support dwindle. THE STANDS ARE EMPTY!
    You are absolutely CORRECT! And it's all because of Skip Holtz. A lot of our posters don't go to the games anyway, so they don't even have a clue. As for me, I attend every home game and it has gotten MUCH WORSE this year. Yesterday, the "Tailgate alley" wasn't 30% full. Many more empty spots than full ones. Just sad.

Some posters will make excuses for the poor attendance, but we're lucky to draw 10K now. And that's NOT an exaggeration. I saw where this was going and told Les Guice this personally in an e-mail two seasons ago. He did nothing. He chose not to lead. Now we are where we are.

If this goes much further, Les might find himself on the shot clock. I can't imagine that the local Ruston business community that depends on visitors attending ball games is happy with this enormous drop in attendance.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Sure it’s fair game…so is getting blocked. What’s the big deal?
    Les is like you! He doesn't LISTEN. That's fine for someone like you. But he's a CEO that supposed to be a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Yeah, they can. And do.

Its their personal account. Not an obligation to their job. While he may share things related to his job they do not owe you anything through it.

If you want to put in a complaint related to his job do it officially.
    Some of you people post the most STUPID things on here.

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Not the way to treat ANY customer. It's the CEO's job to market and sell the university. And if he thinks it's not, he's in the wrong job.
    ^^^^ Now THIS is a good post!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    You are absolutely CORRECT! And it's all because of Skip Holtz. A lot of our posters don't go to the games anyway, so they don't even have a clue. As for me, I attend every home game and it has gotten MUCH WORSE this year. Yesterday, the "Tailgate alley" wasn't 30% full. Many more empty spots than full ones. Just sad.

Some posters will make excuses for the poor attendance, but we're lucky to draw 10K now. And that's NOT an exaggeration. I saw where this was going and told Les Guice this personally in an e-mail two seasons ago. He did nothing. He chose not to lead. Now we are where we are.

If this goes much further, Les might find himself on the shot clock. I can't imagine that the local Ruston business community that depends on visitors attending ball games is happy with this enormous drop in attendance.
    We had a previous engagement, so we got there later than normal. I was shocked at the lack of traffic and ease in which we found parking. The parking lots had plenty of room, and parking across the street was easy as well. Where were the students- there were so few it was appalling. I do know Ruston had the parent sponsored HoCo dance last night, so that was a part of our side, but the student section was pathetic. The band did a great job cheering and keeping some excitement going. The second half was fun-other than the last play. There is lots of work to do to restore a fun game day atmosphere!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

We arrived at half after running a meet out of town. As we walked in, we passed no fewer than 100 or so leaving as we came in. That’s just on the west side.

+ Reply to Thread