+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Wow! Les Guice blocked me on Twitter

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

Re: Wow! Les Guice blocked me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    In an effort to assist Brad to be more effective in his future tweets, let’s all assemble a list of Don’ts for his future reference:

Try to avoid these phrases:
    (1) you need to grow a spine/backbone
    (2)
    (3)
    Oh, I caught the attention of Dr. Guice and the 16th floor because it brought his sycophants out to defend him.

You can try to deflect from the real issue at hand by attempting to belittle those who are openly critical or oppose your boss/friend/cousin (or whatever the case may be), but at the end of the day, Dr. Guice is ultimately responsible for the downward spiraling football program.

So, ChipDog, do you think Holtz will break his four-game losing streak vs FBS opponents this weekend against pUNT? Do you think attendance will break 17,000?

Finally, I reiterate that in my opinion Dr. Guice needs to grow a backbone and do what’s right for Louisiana Tech and relieve Coach Holtz from his duties as head football coach at Louisiana Tech University.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

I think you may be attributing to "lack of backbone" what may be better explained by "perfectly content with the way things are"

Like, the reason I dont jump out of a plane isnt because I lack the nerve. It may just be because the plane is taking me exactly where I want to go.

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    I think you may be attributing to "lack of backbone" what may be better explained by "perfectly content with the way things are"

Like, the reason I dont jump out of a plane isnt because I lack the nerve. It may just be because the plane is taking me exactly where I want to go.
    That is possible.

Whatever the underlying reason is, I am afraid the final destination is not a good one if he doesn’t change course.

Since he knows Dr. Guice so well, maybe ChipDog can tell us what is the ultimate desired destination of the football program.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Oh, I caught the attention of Dr. Guice and the 16th floor because it brought his sycophants out to defend him.

You can try to deflect from the real issue at hand by attempting to belittle those who are openly critical or oppose your boss/friend/cousin (or whatever the case may be), but at the end of the day, Dr. Guice is ultimately responsible for the downward spiraling football program.

So, ChipDog, do you think Holtz will break his four-game losing streak vs FBS opponents this weekend against pUNT? Do you think attendance will break 17,000?

Finally, I reiterate that in my opinion Dr. Guice needs to grow a backbone and do what’s right for Louisiana Tech and relieve Coach Holtz from his duties as head football coach at Louisiana Tech University.
    We will destroy UNT and the powers that be will declare all things are well.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post

Similar reasoning with 4th Quarter Holtz.

It's not a coaching/management error if it's the intended result.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

[QUOTE=Blue Dawg;We will destroy UNT and the powers that be will declare all things are well.[/QUOTE]

I certainly hope your right about the first half of that

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brad;[URL="[URL
    tel:1811709[/URL]"]1811709[/URL]]Oh, I caught the attention of Dr. Guice and the 16th floor because it brought his sycophants out to defend him.

Sadly, I don’t believe Skip could coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

Since Skip lost at HOME to Northwestern State University and then added a humiliating loss to Tulane, at home, and never beat an SEC Team - I’ve had no use for him.

I think the home game excitement including the tailgating, that I knew since the 70’s has been ruined somehow, and so I believe 17,000 fans in The JOE is “currently” out of reach.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Sadly, I don’t believe Skip could coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

Since Skip lost at HOME to Northwestern State University and then added a humiliating loss to Tulane, at home, and never beat an SEC Team - I’ve had no use for him.

I think the home game excitement including the tailgating, that I knew since the 70’s has been ruined somehow, and so I believe 17,000 fans in The JOE is “currently” out of reach.
    14K is out of reach. We MIGHT have 14K for HC is the weather is perfect.

I certainly hope your right about the first half of that
    Sagarin is not kind to UNT. ESPN gives us a 78% win chance with their fancy BPI. So if we can convince the refs to blow the whistle after 3 quarters I think it will be fine

From previous experience, we use blowout wins over opponents like this to pretend that everything is fine.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Sagarin is not kind to UNT. ESPN gives us a 78% win chance with their fancy BPI. So if we can convince the refs to blow the whistle after 3 quarters I think it will be fine

From previous experience, we use blowout wins over opponents like this to pretend that everything is fine.
    Last statement is so true.

Let the mediocrity continue!

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    We will destroy UNT and the powers that be will declare all things are well.
    Didn't happen. And Guice continues to fiddle while the football program burns.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought I had seen the epitome of apathy last year. Our sideline is dead. Our fan base is silent. Our admin, by all accounts, appears to be satisfied. It’s pitiful.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    We have a thin-skinned, weak president.

The offending Tweet.

It’s Saturday, and that means the @CoachSHoltz led @LATechFB team blew another 4th quarter lead. President @lkguice needs to grow a backbone and end this terrible joke that is plaguing our beloved @LATech.

#FIREHOLTZ!

Silly me, I didn't even realize President Guice was on Twitter. Maybe I should follow him.

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Didn't happen. And Guice continues to fiddle while the football program burns.
    Declaring no problems after barely winning is much worse

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I thought I had seen the epitome of apathy last year. Our sideline is dead. Our fan base is silent. Our admin, by all accounts, appears to be satisfied. It’s pitiful.
    Dude, our fan base is silent because there’s NOTHING to cheer for. I’d like just once, to go to a Tech football game and not be as nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Not everybody wants THAT every week.

+ Reply to Thread