+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff Bower USM

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Jeff Bower USM

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    That's BS, but the way.
    Ok
    Have you considered those Dogs?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Echo chamber

The Miss State game and the SMU game were vastly different. Miss State gifted us the ball a few times and shot themselves in the foot--until they didn't. Still could've won it on the field goal. I would have like to have seen us try to get closer but I understood why he ran it.

As for SMU, I think the offensive plays were correctly called down the stretch. In fact, I thought the offensive calls were good all game. On our last possession, the holding call really hurt us. I never saw the replay but getting backed up like that made the field goal an appropriate choice.

We needed to keep them in front of us on their last possession but yielding easy first downs (which allowed stopped the clock momentarily) was too passive imo. Allowed them to throw up a prayer--which got answered. I brought a friend to the game (LSU alum) who has no ties to Tech and no rooting interest. He thought Tech coaches called a good game and SMU got lucky at the end (sometimes happens).

To act like Skip made bad coaching decisions at the end of this game is a dull take imo. If anything, Skip should be commended for a well called and executed offensive game plan.

Now, yall can go back to saying the same things and affirming each others' outrage.
    Our issues this year have been execution, not strategic. Now, poor execution is on Skip too, but I don't agree that we've had bad strategy.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Prevent defense has been bad strategy for one quarter in Starkville and one series in Ruston.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Prevent defense has been bad strategy for one quarter in Starkville and one series in Ruston.
    ^^^THIS!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

We had 5 players on the ball against SMU. I'm more open to the strategy critique against MSU, but we were in great position against SMU.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    We had 5 players on the ball against SMU. I'm more open to the strategy critique against MSU, but we were in great position against SMU.
    yes 5 instead of 3. It’s the other 6 or 8 playing a 20 yard cushion that is the problem

yes 5 instead of 3. It’s the other 6 or 8 playing a 20 yard cushion that is the problem
    Wrong. A 35 yard cushion on that play was fine. Gotta make the play when the ball is in the air.

Wrong. A 35 yard cushion on that play was fine. Gotta make the play when the ball is in the air.
    That was a freak play. I’m taking about the ones preceding it.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody covering the receiver standing 5 yards from where the ball was coming down waiting to catch the tip. Shouldn't need more than three to knock the ball down, and the other couple should be covering away from the pack of players.

That was a freak play. I’m taking about the ones preceding it.
    Even there, it worked to the extent that they had to get a freak play in order to win...incredibly low probability.

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Nobody covering the receiver standing 5 yards from where the ball was coming down waiting to catch the tip. Shouldn't need more than three to knock the ball down, and the other couple should be covering away from the pack of players.
    I don't care enough to go back and look, but more than likely, we did have a guy on the guy who caught the pass. Once the ball was in the air, they went to the ball. Looked to me like we had a guy trying to catch it and a guy came in from the side and kept our guy from catching it.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I think we would have better outcomes if we rushed enough guys to force an early deep throw, a check down, or a throw away.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

We have had way too many situations to count when 3 down lineman got us eaten alive in the middle of a game, much less trying to close one out. And not just under Holtz.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    We have had way too many situations to count when 3 down lineman got us eaten alive in the middle of a game, much less trying to close one out. And not just under Holtz.
    I don't recall if it was mentioned on the board or not, but Skip said to Fletch after the MSU loss that they dialed back the pressure because he was concerned about the refs helping the SEC team out. Hindsight is 20/20. I still say the special teams, not the defense, cost us the MSU game.

I don't recall if it was mentioned on the board or not, but Skip said to Fletch after the MSU loss that they dialed back the pressure because he was concerned about the refs helping the SEC team out. Hindsight is 20/20. I still say the special teams, not the defense, cost us the MSU game.
    You get no argument from me there. A kick out of bounds and pooch kick allowing a long return lost that game.

+ Reply to Thread