+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Gameday tailgating has disappeared

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Re: Gameday tailgating has disappeared

If AD Woods isn’t making adjustments right now, game by game, with all that is wrong with the experience of attending a Tech game then he’s already failing as the new guy. Another whole year of horrible attendance (give tickets away now... the losing product isn’t worth the ticket price), bad tailgating, ridiculous big screen use and terrible referee audio then it’s all going to be that much more set it stone to what it already is.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

AD Woods is too busy interviewing for jobs elsewhere. Either that or he's in the fetal position cowering in his bed. Y'all are expecting too much from this guy.

Next!

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post
    The BOP students were asked what they wanted to wear with regards to polos and caps. They chose the Grey polos and maybe that wasn't the best choice on their part as far as the looks but it is definitely the current fashion trend. I must say the New Era Red Caps with excellent embroidery are outstanding !
    I'm old so my observations don't really apply; I didn't know looking invisible was cool and that gray and tan were fashionably fresh. But I can give a thumbs up to the band director for having the band blare music as loud as possible until the quarterback gets into formation when the opponent is right in front of them .

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Who is really running the Tailgating? La Tech or Lincoln Parish Sheriff's Office / La Tech Police?

So we have a student who is attending Tech majoring in Kinesiology and is the the daughter of one of our members. She and a crew which actually includes a few football players put up the three tents at our tailgate before we arrive. Yesterday, she and the crew were denied entrance to the parking lot because it was 8:30 and of course they don't have Red parking passes. I guess they could have walked in or snuck in but the whole place gets locked down.

I am leaving the game at halftime last night to go back to the tailgate to check on and possibly start cleaning up a little which will save us some time for after the game tear down. We have been doing this for years but I was told that if I leave - I cannot come back in. So I left. The Deputy Sheriff who told me this said "I was just informed of this and confirmed it". He was a nice guy who actually acted a little embarrassed he had to to tell people that. I appreciate the need for security and order but this whole area has turned into nothing but a Security Red Zone. Who are we expecting to attend these games - the President of the United States???

Just keep making it harder for those of us who put in the time, effort and money and we will stop doing it. (After the crap show that was the second half, I guess I shouldn't complain)

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Not sure the purpose of the no-retry policy. I think pawdawg said it’s COVID, but that doesn’t make much sense.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    Not sure the purpose of the no-retry policy. I think pawdawg said it’s COVID, but that doesn’t make much sense.
    USM has the same policy.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Little/no demand for the product. Make it difficult to be a fan. Sounds like a winning combination! Who makes these decisions at La Tech?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    Little/no demand for the product. Make it difficult to be a fan. Sounds like a winning combination! Who makes these decisions at La Tech?
    Joe.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    Not sure about re-entry, but the alumni pavilion thing is due China virus. Maybe Judy and her woke bosses decided on the re-entry ban. How dare anyone ask for an explanation from the bureaucracy nazis.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    Yep. 1989 - the first season in I-A.
    You mean the first season BACK in I-A. Tech was in Division I from 1975-1977 before the division split and was in Division I-A in the 1978 inaugural year.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    You mean the first season BACK in I-A. Tech was in Division I from 1975-1977 before the division split and was in Division I-A in the 1978 inaugural year.
    Yep. Added to D1 after going 44-4

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    AD Woods is too busy interviewing for jobs elsewhere. Either that or he's in the fetal position cowering in his bed. Y'all are expecting too much from this guy.

Next!
    I’ve said that from Day 1. Woods is a nice guy, but he has ALWAYS been the #2, #3 or #4 guy. This is his first rodeo in the hot seat.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    I'm old so my observations don't really apply; I didn't know looking invisible was cool and that gray and tan were fashionably fresh. But I can give a thumbs up to the band director for having the band blare music as loud as possible until the quarterback gets into formation when the opponent is right in front of them .
    I agree. And the Band of Pride was dressed in full uniform last night against UNT. They looked great, and sounded even better, like you said. That new “DR such-n-such” band Director appears to be getting it done big time. Maybe someone should send our AD “Dr” Eric Wood, and football coach Skip Holtz over to the home of the Band Of Pride to learn a few things.

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post
    Who is really running the Tailgating? La Tech or Lincoln Parish Sheriff's Office / La Tech Police?

So we have a student who is attending Tech majoring in Kinesiology and is the the daughter of one of our members. She and a crew which actually includes a few football players put up the three tents at our tailgate before we arrive. Yesterday, she and the crew were denied entrance to the parking lot because it was 8:30 and of course they don't have Red parking passes. I guess they could have walked in or snuck in but the whole place gets locked down.

I am leaving the game at halftime last night to go back to the tailgate to check on and possibly start cleaning up a little which will save us some time for after the game tear down. We have been doing this for years but I was told that if I leave - I cannot come back in. So I left. The Deputy Sheriff who told me this said "I was just informed of this and confirmed it". He was a nice guy who actually acted a little embarrassed he had to to tell people that. I appreciate the need for security and order but this whole area has turned into nothing but a Security Red Zone. Who are we expecting to attend these games - the President of the United States???

Just keep making it harder for those of us who put in the time, effort and money and we will stop doing it. (After the crap show that was the second half, I guess I shouldn't complain)
    Thank you for your post. I told y’all last week there were waaaaay too many ARMED cops at these games now. I’m a “pro police” guy ordinarily, but this has gotten ridiculous. Tech needs to remove at least HALF of these “armed guards” from our game day experience. It’s seriously starting to look like a prison war camp out there.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Thank you for your post. I told y’all last week there were waaaaay too many ARMED cops at these games now. I’m a “pro police” guy ordinarily, but this has gotten ridiculous. Tech needs to remove at least HALF of these “armed guards” from our game day experience. It’s seriously starting to look like a prison war camp out there.
    They are there to keep the students in line and to prohibit fans who want to leave and re-enter the stadium from doing so.

+ Reply to Thread