+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/25 North Texas Game

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Re: 9/25 North Texas Game

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    That's fixable. He should get better by watching AK this year and hopefully getting some decent mop-up duty when the games get out of hand one way or the other.

Zac Champion was the same kind of liability until he was a senior, then he proved everyone wrong about him.

My fingers are crossed.
    My fingers are crossed too. I like AA. I want him to flourish. Holtz did say in the post game with Luke on the sideline that tonight will give AA a lot of film to watch so he can correct.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Trying to understand from long timers here. I have my own theories but why do we blow it out first half and our play just deteriorates into the fourth quarter. It’s uncanny.

Pretend you are Holtz and tell me what you’re thinking.

Note: even the Tech radio crew were making comments about “we have to stop playing down to our opponent “. And Teddy said almost under his breath (but still said on the radio) “EVERY week”. They see what most on the board see.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I think we have a game plan and once our opponent figures it out, we can’t impose our will and do what has worked like good teams do and we have no plan B. On defense, we don’t do what works for 4 quarters.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

It seems like once he gets rattled, he loses confidence.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Let’s be clear, UNT is a terrible football team. Their best QB last night wouldn’t start on most FCS teams. Great athlete, not a QB. They have a couple decent RBs on offense and that’s it. The fact that they were that close to beating us at home should be enough to at least make some folks start asking questions about what’s happening in Ruston. We are not a team devoid of talent. There’s a lot t of talent on this team. We shouldn’t be eeeking out wins against NTX at home.
    When Smoke made the punt return to the 2 yard line, that’s where the game started to change. Why does week after week Holtz call the friggin fade when it NEVER WORKS!! And you’ve got a 3rd string QB in throwing it!! Run the ball 3 times and get the score. You can’t get 2 yards running? It’s the same as this rotate QB crap he does, it didn’t work last year, why would you think it would this year? Pick the best guy and let him play.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

AA sucks, period. Head shows potential but is very fragile, needs to bulk up some, toughen up. AK is okay, but have been disappointed with him too. He is the best we got though, so hopefully he's not out long. Then there's the Skippy Factor any of our QBs have to toil with.

UTSA and UAB will play, again (like last year), for the West Division title and then go on to win the conference. The East sucks. Both UTSA and UAB will beat us, and maybe by a lot. I don't see who left on our schedule we are certain to beat. Was thinking UTEP, but they are 3-1, ODU? Ah, well, they always manage to beat us. USM? True, they suck big time, but that doesn't seem to matter when we play 'em. Could be we will be 3-6 heading into Charlotte and USM at home, and @ Rice and needing to run the table just to get bowl eligible. Maybe we need to suffer through a 4-8 season and take the shine off of Skippy for those moronic hardheads who think he's a great coach. Holtz says this is his deepest, most talented team he has had in 9 years at Tech. If true, then he has no excuses. Frankly, I don't see this level of talent Holtz claims. Who looks like a future NFLer on this team?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    Not sure what’s up with QB1 AK, but I think it would be a good strategy to bench him again next week (for medical reasons of course) against NCState to ensure he’s ready for the conference stretch. Sure, we fans won’t like it but it makes sense for our best shot at getting to the conference championship. Agree, or is there a better strategy?
    Exactly what I was thinking. If Holtz' fans truly want that coveted conference championship (NO CHANCE) they should all demand that he sit AK next week in that TOTALLY MEANINGLESS game.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    It seems like once he gets rattled, he loses confidence.
    Just like last year, they know they will be subbed after 2 series. What’s the point?

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama;[URL="[URL
    tel:1812143[/URL]"]Trying to understand from long timers here. I have my own theories but why do we blow it out first half and our play just deteriorates into the fourth quarter. It’s uncanny.

Note: even the Tech radio crew were making comments about “we have to stop playing down to our opponent “. And Teddy said almost under his breath (but still said on the radio) “EVERY week”. They see what most on the board see.
    SKIP ACCIDENTALLY SAYS WHAT LITERALLY EVERYBODY IS THINKING -

I’m really proud of these players for the way they competed. I’m super-proud that their quarterback threw several balls into the ground and then overthrew several more. I’m also really proud of their receivers for dropping at least 5 we’ll-thrown balls. Since this was all in the second half, and had even a few of those mistakes not been made, we would have certainly lost, BUT we didn’t. So to sum it all up, the most important thing that I’m proud of is that we didn’t waste any effort on scoring any points in the second half.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    Trying to understand from long timers here. I have my own theories but why do we blow it out first half and our play just deteriorates into the fourth quarter. It’s uncanny.

I’m thinking I’m on the take, and I get a small percentage to take my foot off the gas for the end of each game. Vegas nets a few mill off of bad bets on the La Tech game, and I pocket a few thousand for my cooperation. it’s not much per game, but over the course of a season or three, it adds up.

fortunately for Tech fans, my bookie benefactors don’t require me to throw every game. They don’t want to kill the golden goose, and everyone knows I only have to win 7x/ year to stay in Ruston indefinitely.

Moreover, we can get away with this for as long as I’m comfortable with it. Because this is Louisiana, a small campaign contribution to the local prosecutor goes a long way. (And the feds certainly have better things to do than bust up a small racket in lil ol Ruston). So I'm set forever. And everybody wins, save for perhaps those troublemakers on the BB&B who expect better of their Alma mater

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    I’m thinking I’m on the take, and I get a small percentage to take my foot off the gas for the end of each game. Vegas nets a few mill off of bad bets on the La Tech game, and I pocket a few thousand for my cooperation. it’s not much per game, but over the course of a season or three, it adds up.

fortunately for Tech fans, my bookie benefactors don’t require me to throw every game. They don’t want to kill the golden goose, and everyone knows I only have to win 7x/ year to stay in Ruston indefinitely.

Moreover, we can get away with this for as long as I’m comfortable with it. Because this is Louisiana, a small campaign contribution to the local prosecutor goes a long way. (And the feds certainly have better things to do than bust up a small racket in lil ol Ruston). So I'm set forever. And everybody wins, save for perhaps those troublemakers on the BB&B who expect better of their Alma mater
    LMAO!

Only one problem with your theory, Skip is dumber than a rock and would have effed it up by now.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

So why would he beat the spread vs MSU and SMU and blow those, just to not beat the spread vs weaker teams if he has the power and option to do either as he pleases?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    So why would he beat the spread vs MSU and SMU and blow those, just to not beat the spread vs weaker teams if he has the power and option to do either as he pleases?
    He doesn’t. This is depressed fans saying crazy stuff. Last night was the worst coaching of the season thus far. I get that things change when your starter goes out, but you gotta play to the players strengths. We did that in the first half and screwed the pooch in the second half.

Head should be the clear #2 and our OL needs to start looking for ANYBODY who can competently play tackle.

Our defense was out of position all night and missed way too many tackles. If we can’t stop a one dimensional team, we’re in trouble.

I don’t think we’re as bad as we looked in the second half, but if we are, we may not win 5 games.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    I answered that question above.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    He doesn’t. This is depressed fans saying crazy stuff. Last night was the worst coaching of the season thus far. I get that things change when your starter goes out, but you gotta play to the players strengths. We did that in the first half and screwed the pooch in the second half.

Head should be the clear #2 and our OL needs to start looking for ANYBODY who can competently play tackle.

Our defense was out of position all night and missed way too many tackles. If we can’t stop a one dimensional team, we’re in trouble.

I don’t think we’re as bad as we looked in the second half, but if we are, we may not win 5 games.
    Any fan that gets depressed about Tech athletics has serious issues. Why should a fan care more than the people that get paid to run and promote the programs. I figured this out 20 years ago. I’ve saved a lot of time and money since then.

+ Reply to Thread